1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring Back Calvin Murphy!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nabil474, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Signed it, Thank You Postpremium!!!

2. fattz

fattz Member

I missed the game last night. Please tell me Calvin said "Free Stroking"

(He would get so wound up and start yelling that and I would lol for hours as a kid) good memories

3. SunsRocketsfan

Clyde needs to be fired asap

4. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

This thread is mean!
    Do you really want to fire two people? Matt and Clyde really seem to enjoy what they're doing but you guys want them to lose their jobs because you want them replaced by someone who's already a broadcaster for the team? I really like Calvin but he already works for Root.

This is Matt and Clyde we're talking about. They're not a bunch of nobodies. They were part of the championship years. I know Matt can be a bit flat and Clyde can be the biggest homer but it's not like they're spewing outlandish nonsense.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sign this thing guys. We only have 15 signatures.

Pathetic...

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This. Nobody loses a job. Parts just get moved around. We get a better product.

7. Voltik

Voltik Member

Please please please!!!

The main reason that I watched and finished the replay of this game was because of Calvin Murphy and Bill Worrel broadcast which I loved when I was a kid. Hardens 50 was a plus!

Bring back Calvin as a color. He provides much more insight than Bullard and significantly more then Clyde.

8. knucklehead3321

Bill and calvin are classic. Bill without calvin is above average. Bull analyzes the game very, very good IMO but, is somewhat boring. Clyde is just there because he means so much to the city... also a little boring. I would be content to switch clyde and calvin places. I feel bulls days might be numbered though, IMO. I feel he will wind up getting a coaching job somewhere, could be wrong...but he knows the game well enough. Sooner or later he will coach IMO he has played the game, knows and understands how to play it, and won at a high level. It may not be head coach, but maybe even an assistant job.

9. apatel123

apatel123 Member

10. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Will admin allow a new thread with just the petition? It's buried several pages deep here...

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I wanna sign

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sounds fine to me, although having Murph do all the games would be even better. I've been wanting him back from the moment he left. You could tell Bill was energized by his presence. Bill had to be careful, because two other guys have their own gigs on the line, and I think it's pretty clear that Les really likes Clyde. Bull is solid and should stick around in some capacity. I think Clyde should be working on his golf game.

1 person likes this.
  13. MarkItZero

MarkItZero Member

Not fired, just have Vernon tell Clyde he's been traded to the halftime show.

14. alX

alX Member

i have to disagree with you about bill. he loves his team, but
    i always hear him give the opposing team's players compliments.
    i have league pass and he is far more neutral than most of the other announcers i hear.

15. alX

alX Member

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I saw that as well! Obviously Calvin looked older at a younger age...:grin:

I saw that as well! It's a good thing Calvin didn't agitate him in any way...

[​IMG]

:grin:...:p

(P.S.) Rep'd for caring about Clyde's golf game...:eek:

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they would, If not I am going to bump this thing...

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i want bull to stay on, but clyde has got to go..

the nuggets game was the first time i listened to calvin and now listening to clyde, i want to barf lol

19. lewlloydfan

lewlloydfan Member

wow this is crazy reading all this, I was lucky to hear calvin since 1990 on color so the guy was great and brought great energy. I mean how could bill worrell not be exicted himself it was like old times.

Lets be honest here being a announcer is a very hard job and its also a job that should come natural. Calvin is a high energy dude and people love him, When he used to go visiting arenas everyone loved him. Like any other posistion in a franchise the ownership always has to to take a look at the end of the season and bring in the best possible person for that job. Calvin is that guy and whether its brigning him back 20, 40 60 games he is the guy. I also feel hou should get 2 better guys than clyde and bull for next year. Kenny Smith is great at color and they should look to sign him to do some games.

#120 lewlloydfan, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019