1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring AI To Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TManiAC, Jul 14, 2009.

1. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

Nope. No way. All he can do is teach Brooks bad habits. Then we have two chickers in the back court who dont pass to each other much less teammates.

2. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Hey, I agree with you. And even if not in an ideal world, it would give us AI and TMac's expiring contracts or Shane Battier to fill in the blanks. If Yao doesnt develop and if David Andersen flops, then we have lots of pieces to make things happen without compromising our salary cap for the following season.

When has Morey NOT been low risk high reward?

3. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

AI has already kind of reached a deal with another team, if he really has signed with that team then he cannot be traded until Dec.25 as the CBA has it.

4. the1option

the1option Member

We are sufficient in the back court at this moment, and its too risky considering we dont know what AI we are gonna get. Dont sign any big names this season. Rebuild, let the young players learn, and then summer of 2010 sign big-name players to make the best team possible.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

iverson might be the most cancerous player in the league now.

just a year ago teams wouldve been lining up to offer him the MLE. now the only teams that want him are: the clippers and grizzlies, and they only want him for ticket sales. they know he wont work basketball wise.

iverson mightve had a bigger fall from grace than steve francis.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

AI??? Are you kidding me? Why not get Antoine Walker too while we're at it.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Hell No!!!!!! :mad:

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He's in talks with the Clips. Only way Blake is gonna touch the ball is on rebounds and put backs. Clippers never let me down, just when you think they made the right move, they go and remind you why they'll always be L.A's "other" NBA team.

9. Garner

Garner Member

He may be cancerous, but he would be a great temporary roster fill that would sell tickets for one year and be released along with t-mac's contract.

I get that we are all pumped and high on the fact we have the rights to David Anderson, but thats about as far as that goes. We have to sell tickets and like it or not AI will do that for you, for at least a year.

just playing devil's advocate.

10. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

No doubt the Rockets would be an exciting team to watch. The Rockets are now built for speed. We have athletes on our team that can run and rip down boards.

Brooks, Iverson, Ariza, Scola and Andersen is a quick team. Iverson and Ariza create numerous extra possessions - Iverson with his quickness in the passing lanes and Ariza with his length. No way any team is keeping up with us in transition. We can plug in Lowry, Battier, White, Hayes or Dorsey for a shot of defense and Budinger, Taylor and Landry to give our scorers a rest.

11. CloneBattier

CloneBattier Member

Rockets

Vin Baker - C PF- Hayes SF- James White SG- Iverson , PG-Brent Price

:p
    Get er done morey.

Joke of the day love you people :eek:

12. dragonz

dragonz Member

Take this ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

13. Garner

Garner Member

hahahaha, vin baker.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Fear? Fear?!? Your hyperbole makes me sick. I'm 5'5, give me 20 million dollars, no scratch that, give me the NBA vet minimum and I'll drive against as many 6 footers as you want all day long. Give me a break we're not talking about rugby here, its not like guys like Shaq are throwing haymakers whenever he drives it into the paint :rolleyes: And yeah, AI definitely played through injuries...just like last year when he got sidelined with a "sore back" at the exact same time the coach decided to bench him. What a coinkidink :rolleyes: If he had real passion or heart AI would have added dimensions to his game over years, and not depended on his god given talents which would wane over time.

Anybody who understands NBA basketball knows that guys like steve nash and cp3 benefitted from the rule changes that happened, in the same way that those rule changes made guys like Steve Francis and AI obsolete. Before handchecking was banned guys like Steve Nash and Cp3 couldn't slash their way into the paint like they did now, they weren't strong enough and would just get manhandled by defenders. In the old days it was better to have an iso player like Francis or AI, those guys were either too quick or strong for their size to get bullied. Since guys can't play roughshod defense anymore, low efficiency high volume scorers like AI just weigh you down nowadays.

Your other comments here actually make me doubt whether you are sarcastic or not. Top 5 of all time? Surely no one is that stupid? LOL are you sure you actually watch NBA games? Maybe you just play NBA live all day long and mistake it for actual game footage?

15. Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob Member

Practice! We talkin' 'bout practice!

16. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Thats cause the chinese don't know much about basketball. They are fascinated by the fancy moves and "Crossover" then rather learning the fundamentals of basketball. I've played with many chinese players and they all try to emulate the street-ball ways of Iverson only it comes off horribly because they have no idea what basketball is about. Nothing is more frustrating then playing with people like that.

IF your top 5 is based on significance then it is agreeable that Iverson fits however that would defeat the purpose of having the Top 5 players of all-time if they just measured on how "influential they were to basketball" rather then their bball skill.

How do you see Aaron Brooks starting if Iverson gets here... a 6foot backcourt? No Brooks will definetly be pushed to the bench which would limit the growth of our young players. At first i thought it would be a cool idea to have him here. Although he would be entertainment value to watch, it would totally defeat the purpose the way the organistion is moving towards the future.

I don't think you can blame it all on the coach either. In any competitive sporting environment it is crucial that you follow the coach. Otherwise general order will just go out the window. Iverson didn't respect him because he was a rookie coach. He went against all his decisions and in the end finally pouted when he didn't get things the way he wanted. Sure the coach may have made some mistakes but all rookies do. Iverson and his ego has to take some blame for not fitting in.

He may improve the team by bringing his fresh stylistic ways to a new team but after the initial phase teams lose patience with the way he plays. Historically he hasn't proven to be a winner. The only time he got close was when he was arguably in his prime and playing lights out but he could only do so much. Before you argue that look at the teammates around him well he never played any better with better teammates... That was his best environment.

I think the only reason we get Iverson is due to W22_STREAKs reason even if it is a joke..

17. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Blake Griffin will not like it if Clippers sign Iverson, There is no way. I honestly see Iverson going to Miami thats where he fits best as in Heat have honestly nothing to lose.

18. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Hello to Iverson = Hell No to Playoff :eek:

19. Merla08

Merla08 Member

This is all I have to say about AI

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/exOxUAntx8I&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/exOxUAntx8I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. Super Von

Super Von Member