1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring AI To Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TManiAC, Jul 14, 2009.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ha glad I did.

IVERSON FITS OUR 09-10 SEASON LIKE A GLOVE.

when he leaves we'll go to the Finals lol

signing allen iverson to a one year deal in Houston == top 5 pick next year + super exciting Iverson dominated team.

hey who doesn't like some guard on their team scoring 30ppg?

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Cherry pick more? Iverson has shot over 45% only 3 years in his career, with 2007-2008 one of the aberration. Here are his stats from last year.
    2008-2009: 42% FG, 28% 3PT, 3 REB, 5.0 APG, 1.5 STL, 2.5 TO.

You must have a flaming mancrush to argue he is anywhere near top 5 of all time. Rank him in the top 5 in this group and make us laugh: Jordan, Dream, Kareem, Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic, Oscar Robertson, Bird, Jerry West, Lebron, Kobe.

3. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809DET2.HTM

The stats speak for themselves. Team did better with Iverson in the lineup. Did worse when Stuckey was in the lineup. The problem in Detroit was politics between Curry, Dumars and how they should play their young talents.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

While we're at it, throw in O'Neal, Malone, Stockton, Duncan, Robinson, Barkley, and Drexler waaaaayyyy above him.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Okay, Allan Iverson is better than Rodney Stuckey. I'll concede this. Doesn't equal top 5 player.

6. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

An aberration which happened to be one of his most recent years. In which he also played 82 games. Don't you think this last season is more of an aberration from the norm? You guys think that Detroit is a vacuum, like there arent variables affecting AI's performance. There was alot of politics, Dumars being the micromanager that he is, Curry being the pushover that he is.

If you've watched AI at all last year, you knew that his slashing skills were still one of the best in the league outside of maybe Kobe, Bron and Wade. His shot has never been the best because of his size, but his leaning finger-roll off the glass is still unblockable and his quickness is still elite.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

uh, are you arguing against your statement or supporting it?? Cos the stats you just showed me show that the Pistons are a better team when Iverson is NOT in the 5 on the floor...

and thats not surprising at all...

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Actually I would say that the most recent performance is the most important one, but that's just me. And he isn't getting younger, and let's not get into his team chemistry issues, for which the degree he acted was no excuse.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

btw I hope I've stated my stance clearly:

I'D ABSOLUTELY LOVVVVVE ALLEN IVERSON ON OUR TEAM NEXT YEAR!

I HOPE HE GOES OFF FOR 30PPG

10. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I agree his shot is unblockable. No one in the league can stop AI from getting off his low-percentage, poor efficiency shots. Not the other team, his team, or his coach.

11. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

I dont go by conventional wisdom. Its like youre reading out of the guiness book of world records from 1982. Most of it is obsolete and you only recite those names because theyve been virtually canonized. Dwight Howard would take it to Bill Russell any day and Shaq in his prime would give Wilt a run for his money. Bron is leagues better than West and Bird. You gotta understand there were socioeconomic factors limiting most players before and there have been advancements in understanding of health and science that have helped our athletes become better than athletes 20 years ago.

While were on the subject, in my own opinion, my 5 are: Michael Jordon, Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, Allen Iverson, and Magic Johnson for the way they revolutionized the game. Each brought something that the NBA never saw before and even inspired rule changes or dramatic changes in style. I think this will change, no doubt, to include players like LeBron in the future.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

An Iverson/Brooks backcourt already gives me nightmares. No thanks, I'd rather sign a center.

13. Rae

Rae Member

would rather not see a further implosion.

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Kobe
    Larry Bird
    Tim Duncan

do thoes names not appeal to you? or you just never ever watched them play.

btw u spelt jordan wrong

15. Garner

Garner Member

and you make a lot of valid points that are well heard, but top 5 of all time? That's a pretty bold assertion.

So what composes your top 5 if AI already has secured his spot on your list.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

He wants to start and he aint starting with Brooks is our PG while he is to small to play the 2...plus he is going to want to get paid...Miami offered him 1 yr 5 mil and he didnt like it much.

17. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

You must be reading it wrong.

The left is the line up, the far right column is win percentage. The top 3 to 5 rows are the most relevant because thats the 5 man combo that gets the most usage and therefore has the larger sample size. You see that when Iverson is playing, they have a better win percentage than when they dont play him (the first row). You also see that when Kwame Brown plays, they play the worst of all.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I want THIS lineup for next season:

Brooks
    Iverson
    Wafer
    Ariza
    Dorsey

Get nellie to be our assistant interim coach!

nov1 toyota centre:

Rockets 175 -- 147 Warriors

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

woohoo!!!

2000 posts!!!

congrats to me!

20. Garner

Garner Member

why does your list compose of both Wafer and Iverson? Nobody else would ever see the ball with both of them on the court.