1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring AI To Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TManiAC, Jul 14, 2009.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not about chemistry, its about the fact that AI coasted so much that he didn't learn how to play team ball, and now his skills are not good enough anymore to compensate for it. The era of low efficiency, high volume scorers like him are done, his fate (along with Francis and Starbury) were sealed the moment the league adopted the new rules that allowed CP3 and Nash to rule the court.

I think "heart" is word that gets overused a lot. AI was always called as having a lot of heart but he never bothered to add to his game year after year the way kobe did. The way he pouted after coming of the bench didn't strike me as particularly heartful either, I guess I'll just never understand why people would call players like him and Francis as having a lot of heart when I look at their actions and all I see are unprofessional and spoiled players...

2. reupdadj1

reupdadj1 Member

Ummmmmm the only reason that those teams got better is that he freed up money and have the 76ers made it to the NBA Finals since Iverson NOOOOOOO.....So that statement was Ludacris the Nuggets couldn't even go seven with the Lakers so stop hating

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I misread the title. I thought it said Al, as in Jefferson, otherwise I wouldn't have opened it

4. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Almost infuriating. AI isn't just "some" player, he's arguably one of the best 5 players of all time and in the 07-08 season put up 26 ppg. His production was stifled by the moronic coaching in Detroit and if you've seen any of the Detroit games, that team was jaded as soon as they lost Billups. They never gave Iverson a decent shot.... watch the games and you'll see that Prince absolutely has it out for AI, he refused to pass to AI even tho AI was constantly dishing to Prince and Sheed.

That situation was a trainwreck from the get go and AI was victimized by the internal confusion.

Look at AI's stats... 25 PPG, 45%+ FG, 80%+ FT, 7 APG, 82 games in 07-08 for 40 minutes a game. That's more than any of our superstars gave us in the last couple years....

5. Rocket_Man_2.0

Why? Brooks is just as good or better than Iverson..makes no sense :confused:

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Yes !

I'D LOVVVE ALLEN IVERSON ON THE ROCKETS!!!

ok clutchfans we have nothing to lose here!

--AI makes his FORMER team better when he leaves -- great!
    --AI will singlehandly turn a team from EC Finals to EC fringe lottery like he did in Detroit -- great!
    --AI will bring whole on the country and ESPN to concentrate their attention to Houston every game
    --AI make give the Rockets front page ink every week on ESPN lol
    --Admit it guys, you ARE going to enjoy watching the Rockets more with AI here
    --AI WILL sell tickets
    --Admit it again...our team will become a whole lot more exciting and more fans new or existing will love watching this team more!

AI IS THE PERFECT PLAYER TO SIGN FOR NEXT SEASON!

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

OH DID I MENTION LES LOVES SUPERSTARS??? LES WILL LOVE AI

ONE YEAR 5 MILLION! WHOS ON BOARD?

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Too bad AI isn't a superstar

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

No way.

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

No thank you.

I misread the title as "Al" for a second, and I thought you were talking about Al Jefferson. I was thinking "Hell yeah, that'd be awesome! Does this guy have a reasonable idea for how that could happen?".

Needless to say, I leave disappointed.

11. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

jajajajaja

12. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

you sold me with this statement. Bring him on

13. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Yeah ok... you try being a 5'10 player... 170 lbs soaking wet... taking it to the rack night after night after night, getting hit play after play against players that are are a foot taller than you and nearly twice your weight, and going to the line and swishing your free throws with tens of thousands of thunder sticks beating in your face. Tell me AI doesn't have heart.

Heart is knowing fear and meeting it head on. Even through all the injuries, AI has played through and attacked.

Your argument on Nash and CP3 makes no sense. Youre talking about the 2 of the best 5 pgs of all time benefiting from some rule changes... as if these guys would be there if it werent for the rules... ok.

14. Garner

Garner Member

Yea, but for so many of you who are begging for the rebuilding season, the addition of AI doesn't necessarily work against that.

You have to think that with both T-Mac and Yao on the bench and the Rockets not having a rookie sensation on the team, the Rockets, as a company, don't have much to market. AI answers that. Maybe not for a Championship run, but he'll some tickets.

Lets be serious here, if AI showed up in a Rocket's jersey for the first game, you would be intrigued. Much more than waiting to see if Dorsey pans out...

15. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

How many Iverson threads are we going to see, really?

He won't come off the bench, even if he says he will. He made that clear last year.

He will stunt the growth of all of our young players by being his typical ball-hogging self.

The Rockets aren't going to suddenly be a championship contender with Iverson, so there is no reason to bring him in whatsoever other than to halt growth of young players and cause discord in the locker room. If that's what you want though, then by all means, go to Morey with your astute opinion.

16. Garner

Garner Member

wow. just....wow.

17. monster

monster Member

If we're talking 1yr rental to get us through to next season and nothing more......I'd entertain it. I think AI is a beeeyotch, but he can take it to the rim better than anyone on the Rockets. If he misbehaves, we'll make him take a walk through Carl Landry's neighborhood.

18. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

You know anyone else who put up 4-back to back 40 point games in their rookie season like AI did?

You know anyone else who was so dominant at 5'10, 170 lbs that they had to change the league rules to take away his ball handling advantage?

This guy has been scoring champ, allstar, all defense, all nba, all everything so many times its ridiculous. Did I mention he was 5'10, 170? He was still doing it in 07-08, so what makes you think he's washed up? Because he languished for 3/4ths of a season on a team thats already in a trainwreck situation?

Detroit and Philly was all on Cheeks and Curry.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

...............................This is a joke, correct? I can easily think of 5 players right now who have had or are going to have careers then him.
    And hell no to Iverson - Brooks is just fine.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ppl who know their nba knows that
    AI is kinda like tmac...nowhere near their prime but sounds to everyone like if they are superstars having mvp status living off their reputation

AI is still a superstar to the media and all nba fans but its just knowledgeable folks know hes past it
    remember nba players are mostly known by how great they were in their prime..just like AI1