1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brief TMac Update:Still Limping

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, Oct 28, 2009.

1. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Well said but we already know that no matter what the evidence is it will always be seen negatively by many on this board concerning Mr. McGrady. I just want him to get healthy and play well no matter where he ends up but hopefully it will be in Houston!!!

2. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

thats toronto pregame

3. worzel gummidge

Sorry, I don't read posts with rolleyes similies :(

4. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Sorry if this sounds offensive to anyone, but outside of Houston, no one believes that the Rockets are any good, and that includes T-Mac and whether he can come back from this injury, at this point, he could walk on water or find a cure for cancer and it wouldn't be good enough. If Tracy was on another team, the progress would be he doing well but because he's a Rocket, the fans are told he looks like he's limping. Sorry to rant, but T-Mac is still a Rocket and I am so beyond sick of hearing what the media thinks. I support my Rockets 1000% good or bad

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Tracy, I am dissapoint.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has admitted to quitting on an NBA team in the past, so he is a quitter.

Did you see the Toronto game? He quit 100%. A man with one leg and half a heart could have shown more pride than that embarrasing performance.

He does ZERO dirty work. Tim Duncan does it, Kobe does it, KG does it, Michael, Larry and Magic did it. Diving on loose balls, scrapping with the best of the best on defense, taking charges, being physical. He does none of it.

Here is what gets me. Shane, Chuck, Luis and Rafer (YES Rafer) have busted their tails for this guy. They have made up for his shortcomings in consistent effort and mental toughness. Yet Tracy has the audacity to say that he would have already won a championship if he was somewhere else. Pathetic. At the very least, Tracy should show his teammates the respect they deserve for covering his ego and basically allowing him to play on one end of the court.

7. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

for tracy's shortcomings?..

ok...and you dont think t-mac has busted his tail for his teammmates. The rockets have relied too much on mcgrady and yao ming in the past, they r finally learning how to win games without them. I dont think mcgrady has ever been the weakest link of the team. He has made the guys around him look better especially Yao(who could be a better finisher around the basket)

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I wonder what G. Warrior said that!?!?!?.....or was he referring to another type of warrior (Artest :D )

9. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

its this kind of confused drama that makes you wish you could have just a live chat with one of the players every once in a while, not just shane battier you know...or even the coach who sees EVERYTHING...

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

dude....its microfracture. he will have his up days and down days on the road to recovery. people need to quit being dramatic. tracy certainly isnt the one being dramatic for the first time.

11. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

u r probably right, the only ppl who seem to be making this into a drama is US. I think if it was serious the rockets would of had an update by now

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. He can still be valueable even if he loses some of that explosiveness. He just needs to be in shape...

13. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

The T-Mac of two years ago that was completely beat up but still a competent basketball player will definitely be enough to elevate this team of really good role players to the postseason.

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Hurry, before ZEE Germans get here!!

15. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

:D :D

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

3rd team all-nba is more than competent. that year, he played injured too. and he was phenomenal in the playoffs v. the jazz.

as long as he doesn't limp anymore, he should be a fine contributor for us. and with this current group of players, he has way more offensive help than when he did 2 years ago sans yao.

however, i still hope morey can get something good for him b/c we gotta start over man. hopefully a team with some good parts bite.

17. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

Fk what the media says about the Rockets. Half of it isnt good anyways, I tend to back my guys now over any media. Especially ESPN or TNT related. Barkley and Kenny Smith are punks who turned on us many times. The sad thing is Kenny won two rings with us. Most of the time they say we got lucky that LA didnt turn on the winning mentality the whole series until game 7 all of the sudden when we also just happen to not have Yao Ming. The fcat is alot of fans of that Lakers teams runs deep into the media even. I could care less. Tmac does great is whats best for the Rockets not his failure. So all you haters need to go somewhere or back Tmac or a trade. If you back a trade you still need him to come back healthy long enough and do well enough to get something good for the Rockets. So just back the dude already or shut up.

18. sw847

sw847 Member

Hey I am not doubting you, but could you please tell me when he said that? I don't recall it being said...or was it his olando days...i know he quit on the magics big time and bit on the raptors as well.

1 person likes this.
  19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bingo! Tracy has no qualms throwing his teamates under the bus (Orlando, Houston) and trying to make people believe he is "the victim"? Please Tracy, grow a pair along with you beard.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

"I haven't been the guy who's been fortunate enough to play with Shaq, to play with Tim Duncan. I always seem to have average teams,'' he said. "You take me back in my Orlando days with Shaq? Come on, there are no questions. You take a healthy me and switch me out with Paul Pierce [on the current Celtics]? There's no question. There's definitely no question.''

- Tracy McGrady