1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brief TMac Update:Still Limping

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, Oct 28, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

shouldn't this be a newsworthy thing to write for ESPN? i mean, bucher is BREAKING this story. this has "setback" written all over it.

KG's limp made it to ESPN news. but i'll be damned if this makes ESPN news.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Maybe he's just trying to "Walk With A Dip."

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's not surprising. A few decent workouts doesn't mean much at all. We don't know when he will come back and what he can do once he gets there.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wait a minute, few days ago a fan asked Jon Feign in his blog if McGrady is still limping, etc.

Re replied. NO, He looks fine.

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

sounds logical to me.

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

sounds logical to me. maybe he was "walking with a dip" in the night club so he can easily impress the groupie chicks. :cool:

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

on Feigan's blog

"You mentioned Ric Bucher. He said in his twitter that "TMac worked out before the game. Said one Warrior watching with me: "He's still limping. Even I can see that.""

Can you confirm it? McGrady could be out of shape, could be tired. But if he was still limping, how could he be back before New Year? Thank you.

(I did not watch McGrady shoot on Wednesday. I have not seen him limping. I also believe little can be known one way or another from a guy taking warm-up jump shots -- Jonathan)"

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/10/rockets_108_warriors_107_a_muc.html

8. worzel gummidge

9. t_mac1

“I talked to him because Mac, he's still favoring his injury, but on the court, he's looking really good. He's playing well. I've seen how he posts up and he makes moves so easy and gets to the basket.

i like how you deleted the rest of the answer.

notice how dorsey says when tracy is ON THE COURT, he looked good.

he's still favoring his injury and thus that's why he only goes 2 minutes on the entire scrimmage. that's why he added "on the court."

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Baby steps, people... Baaaaby steps.

11. worzel gummidge

It wasn't relevant. People are calling Bucher a hater and liar. This shows a pro-McGrady source making the same claim.

Also what else is Dorsey going to say? If he says something negative. Of course, he has to follow with something positive .

12. t_mac1

dude, tracy IS favoring his injury. what dorsey said is correct. tracy is NOT practicing with the team yet, and he's only going max 2 minutes on the scrimmages. that's call FAVORING the injury b/c you're taking it REAL SLOW.

but when tracy DOES play on the court, he looks good from all accounts that have SEEN him actually play on the court.

here, bucher says tracy is LIMPING. do you know how big of a difference that is?

you do NOT look good on a basketball limping. you just don't. nobody in their right mind would see a basketball player limping and says he's playing well. dorsey ain't stupid.

PS - i'm still waiting for ric bucher to break this story on ESPN.

13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Just a pimp stroll.

Keep it real tmac.

14. MandM's

MandM's Member

all that talk he was doing is going to backfire on him soon.

i have no problem with him easing in from the microfracture. that takes time.

but all that talk this summer is just so tracy mcgrady. and the big reason many want him out of houston.

all talk.

15. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

lol, you pressed the win button

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why would Ric Buechler lie about seeing T-mac limp? What does he have to gain from it.

Maybe he did have a limp. Coming from the surgery he had you may limp from time to time.

That doesn't mean he hasn't looked good when other people saw him working out.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You know, if it happened, this wouldn't be the first time in the history of mankind that a player rehabbing an injury perhaps slightly tweaked an ankle or something while practicing. Last I checked, microfracture knee surgeries were not the only things that caused people to walk with a slight limp.

Calm down. Let T-Mac rehab. He'll be ready when he's ready. Personally, I don't read too much into those comments.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

(I did not watch McGrady shoot on Wednesday. I have not seen him limping. I also believe little can be known one way or another from a guy taking warm-up jump shots -- Jonathan)

(He looks fine. There is no way to tell is someone is in shape by watching him take shots before a game. I don't think he has the option to alter his workout because he looks or feels tired. -- Jonathan)

Note: He has never been wrong, he is an insider and a writer not known for his optimism.

I belive him. But the reality is. WE WILL SEE. We have nothing to lose, just wait till 23rd.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is McGrady, guys. He developed a limp many nights simply because his jumper wasn't falling and (I presume) he wanted to have an excuse for not hitting shots and/or not going to the rim. Others here have made the same observation. His limp and sudden grimaces of pain would go away once 2 out of 3 shots fell for him.

It's likely he got into trouble with his wife for not doing something around the house before he left for the road trip. He probably told her he couldn't do that chore due to his knee bothering him. Now do you think he is going to go on a broadcasted TV game and let her see him not limping? I don't think so.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ric didn't lie, he said a Warrior's person said he was limping...Ric never confirmed it either way if he agreed.

Great to hear...I think early December is a good timetable.