1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brief TMac Update:Still Limping

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, Oct 28, 2009.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'll just say...give it time. We as fans can only speculate. Grover said he looked good and would be ready to go and would be back to elite status and Bucher and a "unnamed warrior" said he is still limping and that the limp is "obvious". I guess you can go by Bucher since "actions speak louder than words" but imo it's still all guess work. We're still 4 weeks away from his check-up. He may be ready to go, he may not. Only Tracy knows. As to what he says and tells Morey & co., well we dont know if that's the truth. ;) But we're just playing the waiting game at this point.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Somehow i don't think they edited out his limping from all those videos....from what i saw him do on that knee on those videos i don't believe he's been limping all this time. You can't do what he was doing with a knee that's going to hurt from just running basketball drills. Cameras and editors can only do so much....

I think he either had a setback, or most likely he's just sore from working out on that leg. He has to do a lot of reps on that leg to make sure it's going to withstand an NBA season. that dunk drill he's doing in the vid is probably done several times, over and over, just spinning and dunking on that leg. Even a healthy and never before injured knee would get sore.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KG has lost a lot of his explosiveness, that said he is a very smart player, and still quick enough to guard his position, and he has heart.

Tracy will be the same in terms of explosiveness... Will he be quick enough to guard NBA wings AND run the floor and the offense effectively. Will he dive on the ball and show the heart when we need him to? When you get older, you need to have smarts, and a ridiculous passion to win and compete...

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the thing that surprises me is how is ONLY bucher sees that his limp is OBVIOUS. and to prove his point, he added an "unnamed warrior."

my dude was at the game and he just texted me tracy looked normal (i'm assuming he didn't limp b/c i texted him that). but he said tracy just shot around and did small stuff, nothing major.

5. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

all this drama is giving me a headache. Lets wind the clocks back to training camp. Tracy came in thinking he would start the season. HOWEVER, doctors said that this surgery usually takes a little longer to heal. So... as a PRECAUTION, the Rockets staff and Tmac both agreed that he should just continue his rehab and after he gets another MRI to start practicing with the team. Feigen has said Tmac looks fine and everything is on schedule. Don't let some ESPN tool with his horse **** sources tell us otherwise.

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

limping is good and a nature process of rehab.
    limping is a balance issue, u address balance after u get strength and speed back. just like u dont do alignment before u fix the tires.
    just some personal non-pro opinions, but obviously Tmac is not near playing-mode yet

7. worzel gummidge

Portland tv announcers and Joey Dorsey have also said the same as Bucher.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

to add he's not a big houston fan so i'm not sure how close he paid attention to us during shootaround. he's a huge warriors just coming to see stephen curry and ellis and boo jackson.

hopefully there will be more news if there is a setback. if there is, then yes, chances of him coming back anytime soon is over.

9. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/10/blazers_96_rockets_87_the_good.html

Hi John. I have a question for you.

before the game, Blazers commentators talked about Tracy a little bit. They said he only ran the court once before the game and looked really tired after that so he sat out. They said he 'looks out of shape'. They added he is also putting a lot of pressure on that knee.

I know, those guys know nothing or even less about the Rockets but can you confirm that or deny that? Because some guys say he looks really good and some guys say he is out of shape. Just want to hear your opinion about that one.

Btw, just look at Arenas during his comeback. The guys is playing like that after 3 surgeries. I wonder what Grover did with Tracy if he made Arenas play like that.

(He looks fine. There is no way to tell is someone is in shape by watching him take shots before a game. I don't think he has the option to alter his workout because he looks or feels tired. -- Jonathan)

10. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

TMac haters could really use some random tweeter update as fuel.

By the way a Chinese reporter who was at the game tweets: TMac worked out before the game, did some shooting. Look real good.

11. Convictedstupid

Dont believe it.

12. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i dont know but i have asked Jonathan countless times whether t-mac as shown any kind of limping, and he has said no everytime

13. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

When finding out that the Golden Gate Bridge had malfunctioned again. T-Mac Retorted: "It's my fault"

14. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

did they show any footage of t-mac during the game?

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Dwayne Wade burst out of the gates in his comeback last year. Arenas had an great first game this year, as did Jermaine O'Neal. That's 3 out of 3 for Grover's miracle rehab debuts. Here's hoping Tmac continues the streak.

16. JordanL

JordanL Member

That's ridiculous. The NBA wants all of its teams to be wildly popular.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

dude, that's the funniest thing I've read all night. Send this one on over the the Small-market Spurs for them to have a laugh?

18. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Load of BS in my opinion from a known T-Mac hater. Firstly, I doubt if he had an obvious limp that the Rockets would be having him work out before games, I would assume he would still be at home rehabbing. Also, maybe he did get a limp but how many times do you see a sportsperson limp? it only takes a jarring of a joint or something, any NBA game you will see at least one player who isn't hurt limp for a little bit from a bad landing, also fitness is an issue maybe he just had a bit of cramp?

19. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

You would only add that if you were making stuff up and you were worried people were not going to buy it.

20. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Surprisingly enough, Tmac may just be the one person that breaks that streak. LOL,