1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Brief TMac Update:Still Limping

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, Oct 28, 2009.

1. rockets2

rockets2 Member

A 40 YEAR OLD MARC JACSON was a much better PG then brooks. but brooks is improving realy well

2. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Ya, b/c we all love watching Marc back dat azz up ;)

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You guys do know that when Billups went to the Pistons he was not known as being all that great, he blossomed there.

DD

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mr. Big Shot not all that great? You on something? He was the Final MVP that took the Pistons to a title against the Big Four Lakers.
    Chauncey and Rip was an underrated yet deadly backcourt.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Scratch that. My bad.

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

So you are saying it's hard for a player to change his mindset; after playing in the league 12 years of handling the ball constantly, while other players play off of him.

I wish somebody tell Kobe Bryant that!! He was a ball hog, until he got some talent around him and he realized that he could win without dominating the ball.

Here is one for ya, I think T-Mac is less selfish than Kobe! T-Mac has always looked to get his team mates involved, even when he didn't have talent around him. I keep pointing to the 22 game win streak. In particular, game number 8, against Sac - Town when T-Mac drove the lane and kicked the ball out to a wide open Steve Novak for the game winner! MAKING OTHERS AROUND HIM BETTER!!! I can't think of a time when I have seen Kobe drive the lane and kick it out to a team mate for a game winner. By the way, we haven't heard from Novak since. :rolleyes:

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You do realize the one example you cited was exactly what Dave was saying would not work, right?

Whatever.....I am sure people standing around watching Tmac work will get this team out of the first round, I mean, it has always worked out.

;)

DD

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yep, all we need is a player who can Drive and Dish without Dribbling. The Triple Ds of DD.

;)

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the example he stated is fundamental down the stretch basketball. EVERY NBA team does it. give it to your best player and get out of the way and let him create. adelman does it with brooks all the time this year down the stretch.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Drive and dish off of a cut, in other words don't do it off the dribble.

And hey, you can always do the crab dribble.....

:D

And he should continue to do that, but Brooks could use a guy that can help him when he is doubled.

Chase Budinger for example.

DD

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My point is that after 12 years, a player can change. People don't realize that most players adjust to what the talent is around them and what is being asked of them. If your mindset is unselfish from the start, you can adjust.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

How is Allen Iverson doing on that changing thing?

DD

13. t_mac1

iverson was never a playmaker; he's known as a scorer. his assists are not due to him looking to create for others, but rather create b/c he couldn't score.

tracy is widely known as an unselfish playmaker. and he can play multiple positions and off the ball.

huge difference in their styles of play.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Allen Iverson averages 6.2 assists per game for his career

Tracy McGrady averages 4.7 assists per game for his career

You Tmac fans just wander around ignoring facts to suit your whims don't you?

"It is not his fault, it is NEVER HIS FAULT, all hail the Tmac !!!"

DD

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Slowly but surely I come to the conclusion Dakota loves watching us having turnover after turnover due to his crab dribbling.

16. 1individual

1individual Member

T-Mac has so many advantages over Iverson. He's taller, can rebound, block shots, and hog the ball less frequently than Iverson. And how old is Iverson?

17. t_mac1

DD, do you even read what you just posted? that is one of the most absurd claims ever.

might as well put stephon marbury's 7.6 APG for his career why don't you?

WATCH HOW THEY PLAY. there's a reason tracy is called a playmaker A TON in his career and iverson rarely is called that.

seriously?

chris webber's career 4.2 APG in terms of playmaking >>> iverson or marbury. YOU DO KNOW THAT RIGHT?

again, seriously?

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

See....I mean the stats just don't suit what you guys perceive.

AI is not primarily a playmaker and neither is Tmac.....

Ignore 12 years of data.....we believe....IGNORE THE FACTS...we believe.

Jim, Mr. Jones, where is our kool aid?

DD

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Oh, so now assist numbers matter with T-Mac? Before it was, "All his assist don't count. He selfishly wants to pad his stats. Only passing for the home run. Assist numbers are misleading. blah blah bloo." Remember, JVG called T-Mac the best play maker behind Steve Nash during the 22 win streak season. I don't think T-Mac will have any problems sharing the ball.

20. t_mac1

i know, JVG, adelman, popovich, sloan, george karl, avery johnson... usually just call the guy one of the best playmakers in the game, INCLUDING OUR VERY OWN DARYL MOREY.

i mean, i hear the word playmaker about 20-30 times a game when tracy is playing. hell, you know the infamous POINT-FORWARD claims?

let's calm down DD. get some coffee and hopefully it'll stimulate your brain a little bit.