1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brief TMac Update:Still Limping

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Tang, Oct 28, 2009.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think it's a typo. tmac spent the afternoon in the castro district and came back gimping.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

it's all speculation. let's just wait until he comes back and see what he can do.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

my friend is at the game (and went early) so i'll ask him later. i'm sure other rocket fans went and will let us know what's up.

4. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

theyre just tasting his leg out

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Two non-Rocket sources saying he looks bad. He certainly isn't ready to return BUT November 23 is almost a month away and his limping might be nothing more than his leg/knee going through the pains of getting back into basketball shape.

I expect he will still return some time in December but this news certainly puts the "he's ready now" thoughts to rest.

and LMAO@him hearing about the Rondo trade. Good stuff.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

He's probably sore. I mean he's been doing intensive workouts on his legs.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Wouldn't he want to go to Boston and win a championship? Or does he care about stat stuffing pay days more?

8. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

Bullard said clearly that he's seen McGrady practice and warmup this year and at this point we should consider anything Tracy does a blessing.

I think that pretty much sums it up; the guy is not expected to play starter minutes for 40+ games and score 20ppg this year.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bullard said to not expect anything from him?

DD

10. worzel gummidge

no, this was an eye witness report from a trusted news source.

11. lalala902102001

I'm not counting on TMac at all. At this point his biggest value is as an expiring contract.

12. Christopher

Christopher Member

I find it amazing that anyone, especially Rockets fans, would be surprised by this.

TMac is a black hole, nothing short of a cancer. I count the days until he is no longer our problem.

13. rocketsmetalspd

Didn't TMac promise he would be ready for the start of season? This is why I will not get too up beat on TMac's return. Looks like he will not be ready anytime soon.

14. worzel gummidge

I think the McGrady fans were taken in by the Skillzlab video. Camera crew and video editor paid to make Tracy look good fro a site that promotes McGrady... Then there was the claim that McGrady would definately be back on opening night.

15. worzel gummidge

Didn't he say he'd make Stro an All Star?

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

when was this?

I have no idea what shape he's in but before getting worked up, I'd keep in mind that we have a twitter saying he's limping, which could mean nothing, and some announcers saying he looked "horrible" if that's even an accurate quote.

I'm not banking the season on him, but I'd wait and see what he looks like with my own eyes before I rag on him.

17. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

We don't need him anyways.

We already have problems on D as it is. All he'll do is slow us down. Our guys will have to play harder to make up for him.

Ship him out soon.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Word.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i never heard bull say this. he has raved about tracy and said he saw tracy made a great dunk in a scrimmage one time.

the news from the outsiders are:
    portland - said they saw tracy sprint up and down the court once and "thought" he was out of breath -> out of shape.

rich: he's still limping (KG limped earlier in the preseason and peopel thought something was also wrong with his knee)

the only thing that concerns us is if there is a setback. if there is, i'm sure we'll know of it soon enough as the MRIs... would be delayed.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

well if that's exactly what he said, i'd take that as saying we're lucky he's back this year, or this early, not that he's not going to play well when he returns.