1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Grant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Actsao, Apr 8, 2000.

1. Actsao

Actsao Contributing Member

What do you guys think about going after Brian Grant? I think he will be a free agent after this season, but I'm not quite sure. I think with him inside will definitely help out, considering the total lack of interest and intensity of Cato's plays.
    Thanks for any comment.

------------------

2. gabbylizard

gabbylizard Member

Great idea, but don't mention it around here. There are several wannabe playas who like to blast post here and who think the best way for a team to win is to lose.

These are the same guys who will slam you if you speak intelligently about any aspect of the game that differs with theirs.

So keep this quiet. Brian Grant would tear up this team. He can probably be had for about what we pay Cato(actually mabe a little more than that), and.... ah, Cato .... the name of the game is NOT to complain to the referees on EVERY FRIGGIN' FOUL!

So, Actsao:

Great Idea. Great Player. He likes to Win. So there are a lot here who would not like that. be prepared to be run off. There are a lot who are still stuck in the "..... Charles did this "..... Hakeem was that ....." and ".... if only Drexler would ....." type of fan schtick. They are not ready to win anymore, just talk about what a great team that once was the Rockets.

------------------

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

gabbylizard,

Speaking with your vast experience of 6 whole posts makes it very likely that your opinion is a hasty generalization.

This is the first post of yours that I've read. While I was reading it I was thinking, "What the heck is this guy talking about?". Dude, forget about all the whining and just talk about Bball.

Actsao,

As CriscoKidd said B. Grant has been discussed as a potential free agent pick up in the past. I think the consensus on the board is that he is a good player who could add to our team if he can come back from his injury. My personal opinion is that he is not the same player as before, and not worth the big money. Heck, even if he is the player he was before, I still think there are bigger fish out there for similar $$. But, if we got him, I wouldn't complain...

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

4. Actsao

Guys, I am just thinking that due to his injury and being out of favor lately in Portland, Brian Grant might just want to prove himself and willing to take a little less. To me, it is ok if someone suck as long as he shows the effort and play hard. I just can't stand a 7 footer standing around disinterested, and can't seems to get a handle on the ball every single time he remotely make an attempt for a rebound.

Heck, I will settle for anyone if they can get rid of that Cato attitude. You know what is the difference between KT and Cato, at least KT try to be good. Cato doesn't even try.

Anyway, those are only my opinion, love to see some inputs. I am not asking for much, just a little more effort.

------------------

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

uh - a little more effort from whom?

rockets have NO cap room. How are they gonna sign Grant? And the Blazers wont do a sign and trade with us, cuz we have nothing they want.

Who are the Rockets gonna trade Cato for? The only realistic trade Ive heard so far is Camby for Cato, but that is a debatable trade. And NY wouldnt be interested. But you dont just throw Cato away, cuz unlike other mediocre centers, he has potential.

Give him a break, this is his first season with true PT. He needs to work hard in the offseason, and continue to improve. If he shows that he will never reach his potential, then dump him. But until you can find a starting center for the Rocks, why even bring up getting rid of him?

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.

6. Actsao

Thanks CriscoKidd,
    Good take as usaul.

I guess I need to cut Cato some slacks. It's just that when I saw him play in college, he was dominating on both ends of the floor, then again, that's college. [​IMG]

------------------

7. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

CriscoKidd,

You worked my side of the street this time and I will now catch your side of the street.
    ---------------------------------------------

DREAMer,

The following are the posts that the CriscoKidd was talking about.
    Give us your impressions.
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/006149.html
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/006141.html
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/006151.html

Mango

------------------
    A Ranking Official in the Serious Police

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited April 08, 2000).]

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

no one slams anyone if the post is truly inteligent.

Maybe thats why most of your posts have been "slammed" so far gagalizzie. Brian Grant has been discussed before. Some here on the board question his health since the injury, but most think he would be a welcome addition. And he would cost more than Cato, but it would be hard to get him cuz the Rocks have NO cap room to sign him this offseason.

Oh, and the Rockets WERE and ARE a great team.

so there [​IMG]

------------------
    CriscoKidd ...

the official mascot for the S.F.B.W.C.

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited April 08, 2000).]