1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Cushing's suspension stands

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rmoreno, Aug 19, 2010.

1. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

As expected...

The NFL announced Thursday that Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing's four-game suspension for testing positive for HCG will stand.

Texans owner Bob McNair met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell earlier this month to plead Cushing's case.

Cushing claims he he has a unique medical condition stemming from something called overtrained athlete syndrome.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5476631

if already posted lock it up

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I must say that I am shocked - shocked I tell you that the NFL did not believe that an athlete could train so hard he would drug test positive for a female hormone... :eek:

3. YaosDirtyStache

over juiced recovering athlete syndrome!

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This should change the way the Texans coaching staff does practices. They can't over train the players for risk of suspensions....

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It was a nice try.

6. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

Good...he deserved to be suspended for that r****ded excuse. Overtraining? Really?

7. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

The upcoming season could be a truly special one, as we are the most talented Texans team ever assembled and can really make some noise, I don't mind them pulling out all the stops no matter how ridiculous they are to try and get one of their best players back on the field faster. As long as the commissioner is willing to listen why not give it a shot

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

What's up, Doc?

[​IMG]

9. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

i really feel that cushing is trying so hard to deny steroid use because he trained with jay glazier and those mma guys and they will kick his a$$ if they think he lied to them about not using roids.

it's like, "stick to your story, or else!"

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

He's lucky he didn't pull this on a federal grand jury, just ask the "OTHER" Houston athlete who tried it.

12. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Exactly!!!! And the thing is that he has been getting criticized because when he was chosen as the commissioner he said he was going to be extremely strict and he has been pretty lenient. Vick, Roethlisberger-multiple times, and i'm sure there are others that i'm leaving out.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well, I do tend to believe that Bob was planting the seed, in case he test positive again...he'll be missed during that time for sure...

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

This. There's a lot speculation that the meeting was to lay some foundation in case of a future positive test. If true, this has to be a major concern for the team.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Pollard said: "He knows and understands for every decision you make, there are consequences. He has to understand that for everything you do, we have to hold each other accountable."

I guess Pollard didn't buy the female hormone story, either.

16. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Nothing new here, just disappointment in Cushing. Then again, the organization seems like a smart one throughout this process... I can't understand why they'd pick a known roider in the draft. Was there no one else with Cushing's ability minus the HULK SMASH?

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Pollard is definitely the vocal leader of the team...So glad of it. I'm hoping for a duplication or better from last year.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Bob McNair should have never agreed to be part of this charade.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pollard is vocal but imo, the leader of the defense is still DeMeco

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

As others have alluded, some believe McNair did it to set the foundation for possible future positive tests. If true, this concerns me as they think Cushing will test positive again sometime in the future.