1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Cook is TRASH

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, May 13, 2009.

1. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

wow the league just giving everything free to the Lakers :mad:

2. Prince

Prince Member

This thread is not helping.

Cook is not a dfensive guy. So the question is why Rick put him in there. The first 2 plays on Gasol when he came in clearly showed that it was going to be a probelm. No adjustment made. Why? because we don't have anymore big guy to do that job.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We as fans must come together to force him to say no to the player option. The TC must turn into a rabid place, every in Houston must be evil to him, etc. It must be a collective effort so we can force him to opt out of those 3.5M.

;)

4. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

shut yo mouf

5. diehardrockets

We had a guy by the name of Joey Dorsey on the bench for the whole game I believe. I don't understand how we didn't at least throw Dorsey out there to see if it would have helped somehow. What did we have to lose? Obviously Brian Cook is a scrub, and was negatively impacting the game for the Rockets, so I believe that something should have been done about it. Way, way too much playing time for Cook.

6. lostfans

lostfans Member

we won game 4 without Yao, remember?
    we are better when Cook hit the threes!
    he is our future!

7. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Dorsey was never expected to play, he has not even been practicing with the team, he's been away in memphis for personal matters.. therefore, no practice=no play

8. Prince

Prince Member

Joey just joined in after a long vacation and injury. But i'm expecting him to play instead of Cook tomorrow since they already took him back in.

9. archinkent

archinkent Member

he SHOULD not be on the court at all. not because hes that bad or anything, but the lakers know his weaknesses too well. when he was guarding gasol, they went to gasol all the time, with great success.

10. Bigjodaflo

Bigjodaflo Member

Brian Cook may be trash, but for some reason Adelman thinks that he is better than Brent Barry...

11. Prince

Prince Member

No, it's only you that thinks Brent can guard Gasol.

12. willb

willb Member

im amazed how the lakers were able to get ariza for him.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I figure once he extends his player option, he'll be traded off as an expiring contract.

14. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

sad... this could have been the once in a lifetime opportunity for him and he blew it. being the third string and in the playoffs against the Lakers. it's a stage set for a Cinderella story. too bad, he failed miserably.

15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

:mad: :mad: i was mad at RA for not letting dorsey in after cook looks lost guarding paul. Seriously we need rebounding/size against the lakers. Not another big men that can hit the 3's. Isn't that the reason why chuck D's nutz was in the starting rotation for until he was in foul trouble? To rebound and play hard tough defense. Not no finese 7 footers who just stand out there and pitch a tent up to hit the 3. Dorsey would come in and do just fine. This is definitely on coach and i blame RA for game 5 mess.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What's the loss of playing Dorsey out there in Game 6 in place of Cooked?

He gives us muscle underneath and provides 6 fouls when Hayes is in foul trouble. We just need aggressiveness and intensity underneath against Caveman and Bynum.

17. guangzu

guangzu Member

I thought lakers got ariza for mo evans and cook.

18. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I mean hell he is the 4th string center on our team, not really sure how good you were expecting him to be.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Minutes wise, yes. He played more than Barry, Lowry, Wafer, and James White. :mad:

Very productive too.....

0-7 FG, 0-4 3PTFG, 7 REB, 1 AST, 3 TO, 1 STL, 1 BS, 2 fouls.

+/- = -28

:rolleyes:

FINALLY JOIN THE 10,000 CLUB! WASTED ON A BRIAN COOK POST
    :rolleyes:

#79 Rockets34Legend, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Pete Chilcutt anyone?