1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brew Playing Time... Give Props to JB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Apr 21, 2016.

1. DJ

DJ Member

JB has gotten a lot of criticism for showing favoritism for Corey Brewer in position of the rotation. Many Rocket fans are upset at the fact that Brewer has consistently received 23 minutes. JB made an adjustment. Tonight, Brew only got 3 minutes. At times, Brew commits turnovers that spark runs for the other team. Hopefully, Brew's benching serves as a wakeup call. There may be situations where Brew (or KJ McDaniels) may be needed to deal with the height of Shaun Livingston. Perhaps, Brew can make better decisions when he plays

2. KingCoreyBrewer

? he needed more minutes. ariza sucked

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

Absolutely do NOT give props to JBB. It took this idiot 2 games down to finally "get it". I'm not sure he really "gets it" given the debacle at the end of this win. Thank you Harden for hitting it in the clutch.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

To me the backbreakers are the fast break layups that he pirouettes in the air for only to have roll off the side of the rim each time. Just free possessions for the other team, over and over. And it's not like he gives you anything else in a set offense. Oh yeah and he sucks on defense. Most people around the country realize that Brewer is the worst rotation player in the NBA.

5. hvic

hvic Member

Finally brewer is in the dog house

6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

He also almost lost the game when not taking Howard out. Then not putting him back in for rebounding purposes. The man is garbage. It shouldn't take you two games to realize Brewer isn't working. Or that Beverly cannot guard Livingston. He will be fired along with Morey and all will be right with the world.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He didn't put Howard back in because the Warriors would have fouled him as soon as he touched the ball. I can back that move.

But my god how bad are we? I, and I'm sure a lot of others here, knew for a fact that our inbounds play was going to be a turnover. Ariza should do better as should Harden and Bev at getting open.

Anyways, at least the way we won made Harden gave Harden a playoff game winner. I don't believe it will but man do I wish we ca steal game 4

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It took him 84 games to realize this...think about that

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

They had the ball go out of bounds with less then 2 minutes and he didn't put him back in. It wasn't until they called a timeout he went back in. The doesn't know what he is doing. Also allowing way to many hero shots. We should not be up a couple of points and try for quick threes. Makes no sense for not allowing time to run off and not setting up what was working the first quarter.

#9 nickb492, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

nope this should've happened in jan at the latest. no props from me, still hate

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Still can't forgive JBB for thinking he should start Brewer in Game 1. That move was totally indefensible and is a microcosm of how poor JBB's decisions are this season.

Tonight, while I do give him credit for not playing Brewer when it was clear he wasn't going to help, he was still a major problem.

The substitutions were inexcusable tonight.
    Take out Dwight (49% free throw shooter, pretty good move) for Beasley then put in Smith (32% free throw shooter) for Dmo? What's the point?
    Had a chance to take Dwight out before they hacked him, he didn't, Dwight misses both free throws and JBB takes him out next play and doesn't put Dwight back until 10 seconds left.
    Still no KJ, even when Livingston was torching us.
    Playing JET and Bev at the same time.
    Not enough Capela or Smith.
    Timeouts so late.
    Inbounds plays? LOL

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

F jb and F Sewer.

13. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

He gets zero props. Any fool could tell you that was the right move. Can't believe it took him this long. Know jb, he'll probably play brewer 25 mins next game and sit beasly.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

JB sleeping on the couch tonight.

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Trade EVERYONE that was in that vine not cheering for James game winner...

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

JB was saved by a clutch jumper by Harden...The very fact that he was willing to gamble with Dwight Howard with 3 min's plus left in the game..And the fact that the Warriors had to give a foul to get into the bonus...just explains HOW freaking poor of a coach he really is. He should have immediately put Howard on the bench and replaced him with a good shooting big...

17. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Taking out Dmo and putting Josh #BrickFTs Smith took the cake for me. How is he a coach for an NBA playoff team is beyond me.