1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brent Barry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by akiracy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. akiracy

akiracy Member

anyone else notice that brent barry is really hesitant to shoot. he doesn't shoot when theres a man on him, he doesn't shoot when he has separation from his man. he only shoots when hes absolutely wide open. for those of you who has seen barry play in san antonio, can you shed some insight on his shooting tendencies?

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i think we're just used to rafer alston shooting whenever theres daylight. brent is a veteran and always shoots a smart shot.

3. Lumix

Lumix Member

Is he really washed up?

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

What I've noticed is that he is a massive defensive liability.

I'm not worried about anything he does offensively. He'll come around on that end.

5. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

1. he's in a shooting slump.
    2. he's more concerned about running adelman's offense correctly than about trying some semi-bad shot attempts.
    3. he doesn't jump on his shot so he needs to be wide open or he'll get blocked.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

When he drives to the basket for some reason he always ends up passing to Hayes in a position where it is not an easy shot for Hayes. Usually ending in a missed shot for Hayes.

7. lalala902102001

So far Brent Barry has not added anything but a couple of years on the average age of the team.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Too bad he isn't hitting anything.

Hopefully he gets out of this funk soon or he should be out of the rotation.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

If Wafer keeps up the solid play, he may end up taking Barry's role in the rotation.

10. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Lol every time Chuck shoots usually results in a miss shot. thats nothing new. he misses easy lay ups so this is nothing lol. But you gotta love what Chuck does for this team

11. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

He just has the Spurs syndrome, he'll pick it up in the second half if not sooner.

12. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

he is got a bad right thumb. his shooting hand. probably not comfortable with shooting too much.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all... Nevermind... Eventually you guys will be thanking Morey for bringing in Barry. You'll see. Especially in the playoffs when guys like Barry step up and players like Wafer disappear.

14. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

He'll Be back

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

That is my point you have to know who is on the floor. Like tonight Barry had an easy layup instead he passes the ball to Hayes for a midrange jumper we all know that is not Chucks game.

The only thing Barry has over Wafer is experience at this point.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I know this thread is about Barry's shooting but I'm surprised nobody is bringing up how awful he looks defensively.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

That is because that is not shocking.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I hope so but the Spurs let him go pretty easily. He may be like Horry great shooter ready to be put out to pasture. Wafer should get his minutes if he out plays Barry.

19. Asian Sensation

Houston: Where seasoned veterans who we thought would contribute come to lay an egg.

- Eric Piatkowski
    - Adrian Griffin
    - Derek Anderson
    - Charlie Ward
    - Stromile Swift
    - Bonzi Wells
    - Brent Barry????

Sure there were some pleasant surprises like Bob Sura, Jon Barry and decent ones like Jim Jackson and David Wesley but damn... all those guys that I mentioned we all had high hopes for. I think Brent will figure it out though. He's too smart not to.

20. thechanks

thechanks Member

Um, Brent Barry was never brought into the Rockets organization to be a significant impact. He was a smart, low risk move for the Rockets to bolster their bench and bring in a veteran presence with playoff experience. He was so low risk that most people completely forgot that Barry was picked up in the offseason.