1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Brent Barry: Can he produce..really?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ready, Sep 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Adelman did mention playing Barry at PG in the 4th quarter. So maybe 20mins wouldn't be out of the question.

2. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Maybe some of us are not clear that Barry is an upgrade over Head in every aspect of the game. Multiply that by 5^354 for the playoffs.

Handling -Barry
    Passing - Barry
    Defense - same man to man, but Barry is the better team defender
    Shooting - Barry by a hair in the reg season, playoffs not needed to mention
    Vision - Barry
    IQ - Barry
    Clutchness - Barry

3. Shay

Shay Member

First of all I agree with the bold part.

Now , if Barry gets hot in a playoffs game and is a big reason for the win his signing was worth it.

This year we will be a lot stronger at the wing.
    Last year we had Bonzi and Head in the Regular season and only Head in the playoffs , this year we will have Battier and Barry.

We all agree that Barry is better than Luther , He will give us 10-15 minutes off the bench where he will play smart and make shots , thats what we need.

It was great when we could play Novak to give us some boost and make shots , Barry is that kind of shooter and his defense won't be a liability.
    He won't be a good defender but won't be a liability.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised at all if he turns out to be a bust , he is old and suffered an injury last year.

In that case we will need to find another wing off the bench , Head is goo enough only for the regular season.

4. dexkk

dexkk Member

Honestly, we signed him for LLE. He's not overrated. If we gave him MLE, it's another story. For a player worth LLE, he will produce.

5. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

where are these novack comparisons coming from .... the guy was a freeking joke. barry is a proven veteran that survived 15 yrs in the league and still ticking . novak is a rookie who will be lucky if he stays in the league 5 more yrs.

6. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

and yes agreed hes more of a 6pts 1reb 3assists kind of guy with 0 TO hopefully and can handle the ball. one thing he will be an amazing improvement on pretty much everyone on our team is post entry passing. his height and passing ability to get the ball into YAO without burning clock dribbling will be something i will value .

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Believe in Me
    Cause life's not always what it seems,
    Believe in Me
    Cause my life's made for chasing dreams.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He hits 3s in the playoffs so he is already an upgrade over most of what the team previously had coming off the bench.

9. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qY-Kuk2tgAA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qY-Kuk2tgAA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The part about him being a rox after the trade to seattle, I hate to break ur fandom heart, but players didn't view the rox as contenders. Hell, I didn't view them as contenders. So when those vets were waived or shook loose, they went to other teams. Barry, Cassell, Brown and guys like that looked under the hood, viewed the holes and said no thanks. Now that artest is added, players now see this team as legit.

I'm never liked luther.Asking him to do what he's never done is tough. Now that the rox have another guy that can habdle and setup the offense, he can do what he does best, spot up and shoot. Now if he can't knock down shots, then he shouldn't play. The reason why he's struggled against utah is because the jazz never left him. The jazz would single yao, tilt to tracy and stay with everyone. Now that artest is here, they can't do that and now he's shooting open jimmys or artest,tracy,or yao is killing. Both are situational players.

11. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

We probably weren't tier 1 contenders but we were definitely a threat to make a deep run until Yao went out during the middle of the streak. Yao went down the same week Barry was released, and from that point going after him would be futile for the reasons you stated.

FYI, there's no excuse for shooting 7%.

12. arthur2010

arthur2010 Member

yes, he can produce, really

13. icemanleung

icemanleung Member

barry is prepared for playoff.all that he can do is not just for three.and there is no doubt barry better than novak .but it is a question he can keep his body condition?