1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breckenridge during the Summer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RasaqBoi, Jul 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Never been out there. I know most usually go for Winter / Skiing etc.

I'll be out there next week for about 6 days. Any tips on what activities would be fun to do. Bars / Breweries to hit up. Where should I go to rent bikes or stuff like that?

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I've only been in summer, it was over 20 years ago. I remember a luge like slide converted for the season and now they have alpine coasters on tracks.

1 person likes this.
  3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

There's some great hiking and mountain climbing. Quandary peak is a few miles away and can be done as a beginner

1 person likes this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Thanks! Just checked up Quandary Peak. Beginner hike? That looks pretty steep towards the end haha.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1iXikvB6ojY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I love the mountains in summer actually. As long as you don't want crowds and parties, etc., and are just up for some quiet beauty, great prices, and amazing scenery, you'll be set!

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

funny you should post this as I was in breckenridge last friday.

first off, beautiful setting. town is cute. main street is fairly long and has all kinds of shop. a typical ski town but with some zest. the concentrates et al are on airport.

they have a nice little river that goes through there and overall a nice setting incorporating the river...little bridges and park. nice stuff.they have a beef jerky store that I meant to go to. I am still mad at myself about that. the patio at blue stag saloon mentioned.

you can take the gondola up during day free and park your car near the main street in breckenridge. at top of gondola they have ski lifts and you can rent a bike and go up!

I was with my kids so I didn't go biking but I was watching dudes come down the mountain hauling ass and man that looks fun. like really really awesome fun.

my kids LOVED the zipline there, the rock climb, slides, tubes, kids got to play in maze. we drank whole time they have a bar cabana. very well done.

funny we had thought to book turkish airlines to venice and changed our minds and decided to do simple cancun and colorado summer vacation. breckenridge is lots of fun in summer.

1 person likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Haven't experienced hiking, but have been in CO mountains. Be ready for some fresh air and clear water streams. You'll also see views that stretch for miles.

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Thanks a lot for this! I will def have to start planning around that.

Which breweries do you recommend going to?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Say hi to me! :)

We get there on Saturday and leave the next Saturday. I'll be wearing an Astros hat most days, so say sup if you see me.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

im surprised heypartner isnt all over this.
    I could maybe argue the pros and cons of black gdp vs. pre98 bubba but my only offering is Breckenridge brewery and thats just the name of the beer thst I saw everywhere. fheir brewery is near denver I believe so thats out. in general in colorado they like their IPA.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Snowboarding sucks in the summer -- i'd advise going farther north or waiting a few months.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Breckinridge Brewery is the only one right in town, but they sold out a few months ago, amheuser busch I believe, also just a tap house in town

More breweries are closer to Dillon, Broken Compass, Pug Ryan's and a few others. Lake Dillon is also beautiful this time of year, might head up there next week.

But being in Colorado, stick to Colorado beer wherever you are, it's the best in the world. Look for anything Avery, Odell, Paradox, Left Hand, Oscare Blues, etc

There is a pretty good whiskey distillery in town too

As for restaurants, I recommend Relish, has excellent Colorado food and an extensive beer list. I also like Modis, Twist, and Motherloaded. Eric's is and Columbine Cafe are good casual spots

1 person likes this.
  13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I hear the grass is green and plentiful.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Actually, it's wild flower season. You should be able to do some hikes through some beautiful fields.

I'd also recommend The Dredge, just for the landmark aspect. It's a building left from the gold rush era. Downstairs is full menu, never did that. But upstairs you can order good greasy hamburgers, with a great view. They have a cheap happy hour.

1 person likes this.