1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Yao has stress fracture in left ankle (related to previous injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Don't want to start a new thread.
    But according to hoopschina, Yao's agent just said that any rumor about MRI performance on Yao's foot is false because of his surgical foot has metal screws in it.
    Don't know how valid this is though.

2. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

from hoopschina...they're just trying to deflect the blame from over stressing Yao so much over the years

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Bold = obvious agenda

Lets just move on....he is damaged goods.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I feel wired too. I am doing MRI studies. MRI results cannot be accurate since there are metal screws in his foot.

5. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

Though sad and disappointed, this is very much expected.

Time to move on.

6. anchel

anchel Member

Thanks Amel.

The fracture shouldn't be that much considering he's taking MRIs almost every week.

¿?

I don't know, let's wait for more info. -Yeah, sorry, I still have a ray of hope, with Yao I can't help it.-

Gortat is maybe the best defensive center in the NBA, not a terrible center for us.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Could also be a CT scan.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've lost count of the number of posts I've made praising Yao. There isn't a harder worker, loyal teammate, patriotic citizen, and simply fine human being in the league. I feel kind of numb after hearing this. When I first saw the news here in the GARM, I thought there had been a time warp and it was really Clutch's April Fools joke. How I wish it was.

We just can't keep dealing with the big fella and the never ending injury situation. If Les can figure out some way to keep him connected to the organization, I'd be thrilled, but it's time to move on as a team. The Grand Experiment is at an end. The door has opened on a new era for the Rockets. Now, if we can only figure out what that is. :(

9. dexkk

dexkk Member

Let the guy expire. Time to move on.

10. PeppermintCandy

Yeah it's sad and disappointing, but I'm still hoping the big fella can still have a productive career somwhere down the line, in Houston or elsewhere.

The Rockets will have to move on and build around someone else, but who knows, Yao could still play a diminished role here, like Mutombo did.

11. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I think his issue really isn't the amount of work put in, but something with Yao himself.

12. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I wish that's the case :( I think he'll continue to have breaks. They can reinforce parts of his body, but I doubt this is as plain as him breaking a bone from putting way too much stress. I mean, that's probably how he ended up with fracture after fracture, but i'm sure there's more to it.

13. somenobody

somenobody Member

It is so sad. But probably this is the last time.

14. threetier

threetier New Member

I feel really sorry for him...
    God bless you, Yao!

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The only possible salvation of his career is another year of rest. bill Walton salvaged a bit of his career by taking off a couple of years IIRC.

Yao should probably retire. He could then be free to join another team in a year or two (hopefully the Rockets) if he recovers. Overtraining perhaps even in "rehab" should be avoided.

16. ying861020

ying861020 Member

17. doglist

doglist New Member

ALL THE TEAM FOR KOBE = CHAMPION

18. mrjuandiego1988

so true kawame brown comes to mind! those type of players never seem to get injured!!!!!!!!! but always cashing checks... :mad:

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

This is a sad day ... :(

20. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

so they said on espn, that yao said that if he needed surgery again, he would retire because he doesnt want through go through surgery and the rehabilitation process again.