1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Yao has stress fracture in left ankle (related to previous injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

LOL typical

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wake up from a nap to this nightmare

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I stand corrected. No 420 reference intended.

4. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Well..the only unanswered question is...is this the end of Yao?

I suspect Rockets will heavily trade in these few weeks to find an All-Star player to build around because Yao team is officially done even if he ever comes back.

5. jlwee

jlwee Member

Sad sad day for the rockets organization.

Question is, why can't the doctors found the fracture weeks ago when Yao first injured his ankle?

Can the Rockets apply disabled player salary exception?

6. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I think Yao's done. He won't be more than an MLE player after the season. Well, at least he took the team past the first round.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Greg Oden's future looks brighter every day now...

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He looked terrible and slow when he returned earlier this season. I dont think he'll be anything more then 5 to 9 minutes type player from here on. I dont think Yao would even want to return as that type of player.

9. Rox2010Champ

Rox2010Champ Member

good to hear that
    btw, can you also convince the carl herreras and the mightymogs to get out of here so this forum can be more about the Rockets and less about yao-idoling
    greatly appreciated

10. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

I'm going to take a positive aproach to this and say that this is a good thing. We can keep Yao and pay him the minimum, and have him come off the bench and play the 24 minutes that were assigned this season. He can be like Ilgauskas but way better than him.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

who cares anymore. its over

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Best wishes yao, it was nice knowing you. I don't mean that sarcastically. yao was great to watch when healthy.

13. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Done!!!!!!! Stick a fork in him

14. VanityHalfBlack

Wish it was 2002 all over again...

15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I don't know why so many people are so happy, the Rockets are now stuck in mediocrity, not good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to finish with a good enough pick, no superstars will be signing with us either.

Its all on Morey now, maybe he can trade up for a better pick but even if he does, he will have to choose the right player.

Oh well, at least we are fun to watch.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That was the hope the first time. He had Ilgauskas' injury first, now he has Grant Hill's injury. One or the other will diminish you, but both should be career-ending.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

I see a great trade that works out well for both teams and actually gets accepted by RealGM trade checker:

Houston Trades:
    - Yao Ming (17 million expiring)
    - Kevin Martin (2 years remaining after this year with $12 million average each year)

Orlando Trades:
    - Marcin Gortat (3 years remaining after this year with $7 million average each year)
    - Vince Carter (1 year remaining at $18 million which is a team option)

Reason for Orlando:

Yao is done and clearly just an expiring contract waiting for a team to pick it up, a HUGE expiring contract. Orlando with the highest payroll in the league at a whopping $95 million dollars I am sure would love to have some financial relief. Marcin Gortat has been very upset with not getting the playing time he feels he deserves (Starters minutes) and it is obvious the Magic like other players ahead of him more. Kevin Martin easily picks up where Vince Carter leaves off for Orlando and in fact probably makes them better. This deal, though a little odd for a championship contending team, actually makes them better by relieving them of the burden of Gortat's contract and by acquiring a younger, cheaper and better player to take Vince Carter's place. WIN, WIN for Orlando!

Reason for Houston
    :

The Rockets have been eying Gortat for years even trying to sign him as a free agent 2 years ago. This is their chance to get him. Orlando is stacked and does not really need his services and he needs a chance to see the court. In Houston he can get the chance to be the guy he has been begging Orlando to let him be for years. Vince Carter takes the temporary place of Kevin Martin (The Defensive Ghost) and hopefully can turn into an expiring contract after this year. This would allow the Rockets to go after a Shooting Guard (who are much easier to get than Centers) and possibly solidify the Center position for a couple of years.

Rockets Line-Up:

P.G. - Kyle Lowry / Aaron Brooks / Ish Smith
    S.G. - Vince Carter / Courtney Lee /
    S.F. - Shane Battier / Terrence Williams / Chase Budinger
    P.F. - Luis Scola / Chuck Hayes / Patrick Patterson
    ..C. -Marcin Gortat / Brad Miller / Jordan Hill

Though I hate the idea of Vince Carter playing for us I would be fine if it was just for a season and $18 million expiring. Of course this will never happen but I would not be opposed to it.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is a sad day.
    _____

The biggest thing has now gone terribly wrong, and it is our loss, really. A healthy Yao is a fantastic player on both ends of the court. And by all accounts, he’s one of the nicest, most patient and hardest-working guys in the league. This is a guy who spent 16 months rehabbing from a broken foot, with (as teammate Shane Battier put it in this must-read FanHouse piece) “four people pulling on different parts of his body” in grueling physical therapy process that included a machine that pumped blood from his foot up his left leg. Battier himself said he would have just given up, but Yao has handled it all with grace and a self-deprecating sense of humor.

link

19. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Gortat and Carter won't take us anywhere.

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

More like Orlando won't just give away their players for nothing.