1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 18, 2018.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I think a better choice for him than caving on the wall funding would be for him to put a pistol to the side of his head and pull the trigger. And I am not recommending that he do that, by the way.

edwardc likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So it either that or keep america hostage right. Sounds like a suicide bomber

Pizza_Da_Hut and foh like this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Trump's statements from today:

REPORTER: Mr. President, if Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer can come to some sort of agreement, will you support the results?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: It depends on the agreement. If they come to a reasonable agreement, I would support it, yeah.

JONATHAN KARL, ABC NEWS: Even if it has no wall money or does it have to have wall money?

TRUMP: Look, I have other alternatives if I have to. And I'll use those alternatives if I have to. We want to go through the system. We have to have a wall in this country. We have criminals pouring into our country.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._have_alternatives_will_use_if_i_have_to.html

Other alternatives like this emergency order.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Update 2 (1:08 pm ET): Five minutes after Trump was set to begin speaking, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted that the event has been pushed back to 1:30 pm ET.

The President will make remarks regarding the shutdown in the Rose Garden today at 1:30pm. This will be an open press event.
    — Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) January 25, 2019

Fox is reporting that the temporary bill will leave government open until Feb. 15. If no deal is reached by then, a national emergency order to circumvent Congress and build the wall is expected. The Washington Post confirmed this, and added that the stopgap won't include funding for a border wall.

Link

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Probably more pertinent to the thread on trump's government shutdown, but... the chances of "emergency order" are slim and none... and Slim rode off with roger stone.

MadMax likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's like when attorneys tell me they're going to file for emergency injunctive relief against my clients...but wait weeks to do so...the argument that it was an emergency dies.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

I like to plan my emergencies ahead of time, counselor.

MadMax likes this.
  9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This statement 180 degrees wrong and without any basis in any accepted philosophy.

10. NewRoxFan

At this point, trump has gone from twitter version of the old guy screaming at kids to get off his lawn to the drug-out crazy in the worst part of town screaming that the end is near...

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Why does he commonly capitalize regular nouns as if they’re proper nouns?

12. NewRoxFan

Meanwhile, trump has been hiring illegals for many years. And, as usual, the employers skips out scott-free while the illegal is punished.

Harrisment and No Worries like this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You capitalize all nouns in German. Perhaps we should check if he is working for the Stasi, too.

mdrowe00, Jayzers_100 and vlaurelio like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

his supporter only read those words

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Maybe before they worry about an expensive, ineffective vanity wall, they should fix this problem?

Rashmon likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

During trump's Friday concession speech he repeated his bizarre story (perhaps inspired by parties he attends) about women getting their moths and heads bound i duct tape (previously "blue" tape). Yet another reminder... trump will lie about anything...

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Because he’s an idiot.

Rashmon likes this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Or maybe duct tape is how Trump rolls.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Mexico just had its most violent year in the past 21 years. Perhaps the most violent since its revolution.

I cannot make this up but I also cannot convince people here that it is true (27 homicides per 100k people) -- even if I post links to data. https://elcri.men/

We have entered the post-data world where facts don't matter and data is racist.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That is an excellent Question perhaps it's some sort of code.

Harrisment likes this.