1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BREAKING] Shooting in San Bernardino, CA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Dec 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yeah change the constitution that'll stop the crazy people. :rolleyes:

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Well what we're doing now certainly isn't working.

3. VanityHalfBlack

Military fire power on 24/7 surveillance watch at every public institution and care.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

So they have more suspects? Are they caught or dead?

5. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Daily News going hard again:

[​IMG]

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too early to tell. Not ruling anything out yet but this seems like a very odd target for a terrorist target. A party for a county government in one of the seedier parts of California? Doesn't seem like something that is very important, iconic or disruptive to the US.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

oy vey, they need to read what's in their articles

Yes yes, republicans, the daily news truly wishes to know how you can change laws so that terrorists cannot get their hands on guns :rolleyes:

Daily News should really be asking loose border advocates how they can change laws so we terrorists don't get here so easily.

8. hotballa

they released name of female. Tayyeep Bin Ardogan from qatar. I dunno, seems pretty disruptive to me. everyone in America is talking about it.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I just heard something on the news that the people killed in the SUV might not even be the suspects in the shooting at the IRC. San Bernadino has a relatively high crime rate and has had gang and drug issues. It could be a very odd coincidence that the police happened to come upon some heavily armed people engaged in some other criminal activity while the shooters are still at large.

10. hotballa

thats almost comedic if the situation werent so effing tragic

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This is workplace violence. He was kicked out the Christmas event after an altercation. He worked for the Health Dept. holding their event. He came back and shot up the place.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Link?

13. hotballa

dude, read the details of the attack first before trying to dismiss it as workplace violence

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I keep hoping that's all it is, sad as it is to say..:(

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

While yes there is the possibility that these people are DAESH or some other Islamic radicals. At the same time in the SoCAL there are far more possible targets that could cause much more terror. They could drive a few hours and shoot up Orange County, Hollywood, Palm Springs, Las Vegas and etc.. areas that are much better well known. While the attacks in Paris were spread out and seemingly random they were carried out in one of the most iconic cities in the World. San Bernadino is not that. It's a relatively poor area and relatively crime ridden to begin with. .

It strikes me as odd that if this was a planned DAESH / Islamic radical attack they would choose such a mundane target when there are much more prominent targets.

Just because the suspects are Muslim doesn't necessarily mean this attack was Islamic terrorism. I suspect Muslims are just as susceptible to hating coworkers and mental illness as any other group.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He got kicked out so he went and found 2 people, ski masks and body armors plus ak47 and man made bombs in that short amount of time?

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I agree we need more facts but workplace violence typically doesn't involve 3 people gearing up with AK-47's.

They were REALLY good friends.

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It is horrible and not trying to make light of the situation. Just posting some news as I hear it. I think at the moment a lot of info isn't definitive and LE isn't releasing much. It might be days before the public has good knowledge about what is going on.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It was only 2. the guy and his girlfriend...it seems. Bombs were fake. I think there was a conflicted that had been brewing. He planned to do something.......i think it was a setup where he had planned to shoot up the place, but wanted to make sure the person or persons he had the conflict with was there. So he shows up.......has confrontation......goes out...suits up....then boom. The plan was to use terrorism as a cover because they tried to get away and they wore mask.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah, okay

nah I dont believe you