1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. HL3

HL3 Member

Where?

2. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

holy **** beverly!!

3. macalu

macalu Member

yea, i don't know how long these people have been watching the nba but this type of play happens often.

4. professorjay

professorjay Member

Beverly will get a lot of unjustified hate even though that was totally incidental.

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Very possible.

Time for Royce White to play

6. 713

713 Member

KD is tired of being second...

7. jvu

jvu Member

This could be actually good for him. Considering the fact that his attitude needed change. I believe he will grow and mature from this..

8. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Not even the same league. Beverley injured a guy...Perkins committed a foul and the ref missed it. Not even remotely the same.
    Of course Beverley didn't mean to injure Westbrook but doesn't change the fact his that steal attempt was totally unneeded. I didn't think it was so bad watching it in the heat of the game but seeing it after changed my mind. Beverley just ran full speed into Westbrook's exposed leg.

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

What?! I was looking forward to the HEAT vs OKC finals...not a good day for a basketball fan.

10. rocketsmetalspd

I guess you never seen many NBA games because that play I have seen other players go after the ball to try and get the steal. The player dribbling should stop dribbling and call a timeout so that the play ends right there.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Unfortunately it will be far more productive and efficient now that they lost their first class chucker.

Really tho, every single time Westbrook went up for jumper from the elbow or three I was elated because usually it 1.) takes no time off the clock 2.) misses unless it's off the backboard 3.) gets our offense into full blown transition mode after every miss.

Now that he is injured, the guy that is supposed to be taking those shots and possesions will be rightfully doing so and we will lose even worse.

If somehow we manage to bottle Durant up (almost impossible) we'll have an even worse chance at winning a single game let alone the entire series.

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Cheap play implies he was doing it with the intention of injuring him. Was he trying to "get away with one" and get a steal when Westbrook wasn't paying complete attention, but that's all that is "cheap" about it. If they hadn't accidentally bumped knees then it would have been a non-issue.

I don't wish injuries on any player, even ones I "hate" from a fan perspective. But we did need a break like this to have a realistic chance.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

On his attempt at the steal...his hand was actually on the ball...and did knock it away...Westbrook saw him and turned left to try avoiding the swipe...

Any unnecessary hate towards Beverly is really unjustified...he made a bball play...it was just a freak accident that caused westbrook to get injured...

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It goes without saying, nobody here wishes injury on an opposing player, but the Thunder players were way too cocky.

Karma is a biatch...

15. Awesome

Awesome Member

You ever hear about advancing past halfcourt first?

THAT happens all the time

16. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Can't play with a torn meniscus? Heartless.

17. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Sigh. Except for all the other times they've made it. :rolleyes:

18. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

can the Thunder even win 1 game the rest of the series? Listen Durant is pretty damn good but if double and triple teams and guys zoning up on him no way in hell Fisher/Martin/Jackson gonna score 20-25 to make up in Westbrook's absence. I think the Thunder are toast. Its the Rockets series to lose.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This also kinda reminds me of the time we were playing the Lakers and Yao's knee was banged into...there was really nothing that couldve happened to prevent the drive...Kobe was attacking like he usually does...

And later in the series...we know that people stepping/stomping, kicking on the foot of yao, led to the broken bone that caused him to miss the remainder of the playoffs...

Freak injuries happen...I hope that westbrook gets better...but injuries happen...and this was not malicious

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Bev's a competitor but I bet he feels horrible about this. You basically ruined this man's season over a play coming off a timeout. WB never misses games his whole career