1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. myco

myco Member

Still wrong :)

2. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Can we sign Charles Oakley for the remainder of the series to protect Beverley?

3. rocketsmetalspd

Exactly, that is done in all the games I have seen where the player dribbling the ball continues dribbling the ball instead stopping and calling the timeout. Barkley saw it otherwise and called it a dirty play, get over your hate towards the Rockets Barkley.

4. Patience

Patience Member

It is not the same thing at all. I don't think the Beverley play was intentional in any way, but you know CF would be on fire if the role was reversed. I just hope nobody on the Thunder goes after Harden.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

NBA wont let the spurs get to the finals.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Not even remotely comparable.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Hardly. You play to the whistle and he's going entirely for the ball. Westbrook fell because he was trying to prevent the steal. There's nothing dirty or malicious about it... happens all the time in the NBA.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

who is going to stop them?

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Spurs? I don't see the Spurs beating the Clippers, or maybe even the Nuggets.

Either OKC or LAC takes the West.

10. Patience

Patience Member

Right... and the NBA has been so successful keeping the Spurs out of the finals in the past?

11. koalaznbear

koalaznbear Member

First, it's pure garbage to say that anyone deserves an injury. Like many have said, we have been on the receiving end of injuries and it's a terrible place to be. It is unfortunate for the OKC and Westbrook.

Second, the Rockets should not think of this as an instant upgrade. Yes, our chances are slightly better, but OKC are still stacked with talent while our team is still very young. I'm afraid that our level of intensity may not stay high with the mindset that this somehow makes the series easier.

Third, it is frustrating, and OKC fans will vent and point fingers at Beverly. He is the easiest person to blame but none of what he did was of ill intent. He just played with intensity and heart. Let them vent and let them be angry - don't respond or fire back at them. We'll just acknowledge that it sucks because we know first hand the kinds of emotions this situation brings out, and move on and just cheer for our team.

12. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

I thought it was a cheap play lunging that hard on a timeout call. Never seen anyone get a steal off a play like that.

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Are you ****ing serious? People go for the steal all the time in that situation. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he did.

1 person likes this.
  14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

How does this affect their offense? Who will they go to for production? Anyone care to provide some in depth analysis?

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I don't mean dirty as in trying to hurt someone. His intentions were to try to hide the foul. It's like how some players hold onto others but they do it in a way that the refs have a hard time seeing it.

16. macalu

macalu Member

the action was uncalled for but it was hardly a dirty play. I've seen plenty of defenders try a surprise steal before the timeout. No one was hurt on it. This was just an unlucky set of circumstances.

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

Perkins says he's going after Harden...Whatever! :rolleyes:

18. hlcc

hlcc Member

i don't think the feeling is the same.

As Rockets fan, we knew we weren't going to beat the Thunders. For most of us that Perkins play stole a game from us but I doubt any of us thought that play stole a series from us.

On the other hand, Westbrook's injury have major impacts on Thunder's championship aspirations, much worse.

19. rocketsmetalspd

The games still need to played Nostradamus. We will see what happens.

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Durant.