1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking News] Terror attack in Nice, France

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2016.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Multiple personality disorder troll fight? Even better!

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude, I don't think you understand the severity ofaking explicit online threats of violence towards a group of .

People who make violent threats towards a large group of people are the ones who have more claim to having a 'meltdown'.

3. fchowd0311

Ahhh.. the anonymity of the internet allows little children to grow a pair. I probably will. I mean if you believe making violent threats online shouldn't be reportable, then... good on you?

#103 fchowd0311, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

We need a leader like Trump who will take action, not just talk. He isn't the president and he already has ideas on how to stop terrorism.

1 person likes this.
  5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I want people viewing this thread who are Muslims or whose families are Muslims to know that there are people in the non-muslim community ready to stand with you and fight against the vile, degenerate, and opportunistic hatred of people like Honeybear.

Antifascist groups aren't just ready to stomp on white supremacists (like we did in Sacremento recently), but on islamaphobes as well -- as well as on Islamic Fundamentalists (like the antifa fighting alongside the Muslim Kurds in Syria are doing), Zionists (like the Antifa in Israel did this week) and any other sort of fascistic groups that form and try to impose their hatred and brutality on people.

Stand with those who stand against all forms of hate. Together we can make sure that the tragedy of today on one group isn't followed by tragedies on a different group tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dei

Dei Member

No, I think you're overreacting and derailing the discussion and that your report won't get far.

1 person likes this.
  7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

This just may be the tipping point.

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I work with religious people with all kinds of weird hangups. But as long as they are not harming anyone I do not care how they express themselves and their 'spirituality'. Specifically, the Muslims I work with are good, hardworking people despite drinking soda instead of beer while out for a happy hour. I cannot and will not judge a billion of people because the heinous acts committed on their behalf. Most people trying to migrate to Europe are refugees and people trying to make a better life to me, but they're not ISIS, Al-Qaeda, rapists, etc. This is in part because I believe almost everyone is a regular human being trying to make ends meet.

But I also recognize people are capable of doing truly awful things, especially when it's believed its God's will (any faith including Islam, Christianity, and Judaism is susceptible to this).
    We as a society should have the courage to stand up to stop these people because ultimately they are trying to destroy our way of life and remake it so they are the top. ISIS and their creed is especially dangerous and disgusting and must be stopped.

The people trying to justify committing future atrocities on previous atrocities are the same monsters just in different colors than the ones they are vilifying.

While I assume we see these things the same, I bet we are still on different pages because I see the world ideally run with neoliberal values (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism) while you likely support a world run with neoconservative values (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism).

Those posts are up to 14 years old, and do thankfully contain intentionally and unintentionally false information. (Thankfully I was not dumb enough to post my SSN on a BBS at 14 years old). I kindly ask you to stop dredging up old stupid posts by me with malicious intent.

9. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nice?src=hash">#Nice</a>, France -- marks at least the 10th terror attack in France since Jan 2015 (Charlie Hebdo); 200+ killed and scores injured in ~18 mos</p>&mdash; Fox News Research (@FoxNewsResearch) <a href="https://twitter.com/FoxNewsResearch/status/753729884015341568">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    You are flat out wrong about this.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Dude drove for like a mile. Damn.

[​IMG]

12. fchowd0311

So a poster comes in here making accusations of terrorism to individual posters here on this specific thread and in another thread made an explicit violent threat towards a large group of people, and you think he ought to not be reported?

13. TheresTheDagger

I think the site would benefit from both you and him not posting.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disgusting.

15. Dei

Dei Member

I don't think his posts will be found by authorities to be anything criminal.

16. fchowd0311

We'll see.

17. fchowd0311

Well it's a great thing I don't value your opinion so...

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Came in to say what a despicable, heinous, deplorable act and see that the thread has derailed

Carry on

RIP to the victims

1 person likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

You're a great poster, you could calm it down a little bit though, at least from where I'm sitting.

1 person likes this.
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you can talk about how to stop it. thats what u can say.