1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking News(ESPN): Jake Plummer Not Going To Be Texans Next Starting QB (TB Bucs)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ron413, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

He is going to play for Tampa Bay next season per ESPN.

Broncos near deal to send Plummmer to Bucs
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

ESPN.com has learned that the Denver Broncos have reached agreement in principle on most of the elements of a trade that will send veteran quarterback Jake Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Plummer
    Under the terms being discussed, the Broncos would receive a middle-round draft choice, believed to be a fourth-rounder, in exchange for Plummer. The trade could be announced as early as Friday.

Tampa Bay re-signed Chris Simms to a two-year contract earlier this offseason. But with Simms coming off a 2006 season in which he underwent an emergency splenectomy, the Bucs have been shopping for a veteran quarterback to bolster the depth chart.

Veteran backup Tim Rattay became an unrestricted free agent on Friday and was not expected to return to Tampa Bay.

Plummer, 32, lost his starting job in Denver to rookie Jay Cutler late last season and the Broncos have been entertaining trade offers in the offseason. A 10-year veteran, Plummer has started 136 games in stints with Arizona (1997-2002) and Denver (2003-2006). He has completed 2,484 of 4,350 passes for 29,253 yards, with 161 touchdown passes and 161 interceptions, for a passer rating of 74.6.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

Looks like David Carr has nine lives here in Houston :cool:

#1 ron413, Mar 2, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Seems like a dumb move for Plummer, but I guess it's not up to him?

As long as the Texans quarterback next year aint David Carr, I don't care who it is!

3. steefrancis

steefrancis Member

great another year of carr...sigh

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's because the Texans are going to pick Brady Quinn.

5. msn

msn Member

I don't believe it was either/or at all.

6. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Thank God no Plummer and no Bell. Thought they both would have been a waste of cap $ and draft picks.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

now let me get this straight, Plummer is NOT a free agent right? Cause if thats true, then 790/Monsters of the Midday needs to get their facts straight....

8. MadMax

i think those guys assumed that the Broncos would release Plummer.

9. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I just hope the Texans take their time to make the right move at the right time and not give in to fan pressure to have to something now.

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Good, I don't want that bum the Snake here anyway. I would of freaked out if we gave up a pick for that loser. Stupid Gruden

11. MadMax

oh, come on. no matter what the Texans do, you'll think it's the right thing.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good. Now let's draft Kolb.

AGAIN, I say......everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

[​IMG]

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd have been good with him if we signed him after being waived. Trading for his current deal would have been dumb on two levels.

Draft Kolb, not Brady!

Evan

14. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

yes clearly the whole taking their time/not giving into fan pressure thing last year worked out not drafting vince young.....BRILLIANT!!!!

15. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I'm down with that. If Peterson is there at 8, which is highly unlikely, take him. If not, then trade down a few spots and pick up Levi Brown or Laron Landry. Take Kolb in the second round with the rest of the picks split between O-line and D-line. I really have no problem letting Sage start next year, just say NO to D-Carr and to his college twin B-Quinn.

16. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

If they got a 4th rounder for Plummer, the Texans aint gettin anything more for Carr

17. MadMax

Yeah, that's Dunta's fault.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You know, growing up as a Cowboy fan I've seen what a quarterback controversy looks like from Meridith-Morton , White-Hogeboom to Bledsoe -Romo and it looks ugly from the outside; but the one thing I can tell you is that you get a better quarterbac k out of in the long run.

Here's my prediction (at least today's prediction) - Drew Stanton in the 2nd., Carr stays and plays with earmuffs on next year.

There just aren't any good options out there folks.

I might also think about Jordan Palmer in the 6th or signing Isaiah Stanback as an undrafted FA.

19. conquistador#11

If plummer couldnt play with a playoff cast in denver,He would have been a failure here aswell

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I really wanted Plummer here, now we are stuck with David Carr again