1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking News] At least 9 dead after biker gang shootout in Waco

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, May 17, 2015.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The media equating the gang fight to riots in Ferguson and Baltimore is stupid.

While the gang bangers are criminals, they fought directly against their opponent without harming innocents, didn't cause any collateral damage, and were arrested rather peacefully.

Of course, media just wants to stir controversy and talking points.

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Can we implement The Running Man?

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Thankfully they didn't hurt any innocents. Haven't watched very much news reports about it but how are they equating it to Ferguson and Baltimore?

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The town I live in is not a dangerous town. What crime happens, happens within basically a 3-4 mile square area of the city. The major crimes are shootings. Occasionally, they spill over to other areas of town. Not very often though. Usually it's near a seedy bar or something similar.

You know what we call it? Darwin.

It all has to do with drugs and stupidity. Only rarely does it not. There's been probably (guessing here) 25ish murders here in the last three years. Off the top of my head, there were maybe three that were not drug, gang, or domestic.

#84 Two Sandwiches, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree it's not like Ferguson or Baltimore. But I wouldn't say it was better, as you mean to imply.

Tee-hee. :grin:

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good catch!

It's not that country here. Haha.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The people calling this a black eye on concealed and open carry are hilarious. These are CRIMINAL organizations, they were carrying HUNDREDS of illegal weapons. This is no different than the Crips and Bloods going at it, or the MS-13 and 18th Street Gang going at it.

A gang ware is a gang war, regardless of the vehicles they ride or the color of their skins.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I too didn't see any when I was living in Houston. A few years ago there were a few riding around Trinity County. They even had a rag tag club house on HWY 19 I believe but the sheriffs department raided it and shut it down.

I started searching for articles and found this one from Canada about some of their members killing 8 of their own... Like EddieWasSnubbed said, Darwin.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bandi...ed-he-himself-might-die-lawyer-says-1.2767905

[​IMG]

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hypothetically, what do you think would've happened in this situation had there been some innocents there, openly carrying pistols? What do you think the odds are that they become part of the story when they were just there having lunch (despite the fact that I don't understand why anyone eats there at all)?

I'm honestly asking your opinion.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably the same thing that would happen to anyone else openly carrying when any large scale gang war or terrorist attack happens......

I don't see the relevance though and I think actual open carry is stupid. I like that the open carry law closes the loophole where people that have a concealed handgun can be arrested if someone happens to see their weapon, but actual open carry is foolish.

No matter if you are carrying or not, if a large scale gang war or terrorist attack happens, you are better off running away, no handgun is going to protect you from hundreds of people.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That said, if you are going to try and take on an entire gang war or terrorist attack by yourself with only a pistol you absolutely have to get it on film and yell "LEROY JENKINS" as you start to go at them.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Police fear retribution over biker gang shootout in Waco, Texas. <a href="https://twitter.com/Miguelnbc">@MiguelNBC</a> reports: <a href="http://t.co/y6RQKVE1K7">http://t.co/y6RQKVE1K7</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/600843426452545536">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Svpernaut

You don't generally wear your concealed carry to a bar, and it is illegal to carry one if you even take a sip of alcohol. They'll snatch your CHL away in a heartbeat if you blow even a .01 on a breathalyzer.

I am unsure about the Waco Twin Peaks, but bars that make more than half of their revenue from alcohol sales must post a 51% sign, which forbids concealed carrying there. If it isn't a 51% sign, you don't have to comply, signs like THIS ONE mean nothing in Texas. A place can refuse service, but considering it is a concealed weapon, they wouldn't even know to begin with.

Oh, and if you knowingly conceal carry in a place with a 51% sign posted you can go to jail and you'll lose your CHL.

#93 Svpernaut, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  14. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've googled around a little, and can't figure out if it's true that no innocent bystanders were hurt. Everyone killed or hurt were members of a motorcycle gang or club, but it sounds like not all the bikers that showed up can be said to be associated with the gangs that did the shooting. Sounds like the prevailing assumption is that if you showed up at Twin Peaks on a motorcycle that day, you were complicit in some way and not an innocent bystander, even if you weren't packing and had no intention on engaging in any violence. I did read that everyone killed was a Bandido or Scimitar, but I don't know about the affiliations of the 18 injured.

16. Svpernaut

When you join a 1% club, you know what you are doing. You're associating with criminals. If those criminals engage in illegal activities while you're present and wearing the same cut (jacket/vest/patch), you're guilty by association. No different than if a group of Crips were walking down the street in Compton and one of them decided to pull out a piece and shoot someone. Everyone there is culpable.

If you associate with a 1% club, you know what you are doing as well. No "casual" riders are going to roll up to a Twin Peaks filled with 1% clubs. I used to ride a Harley and many times my group would go out of our away to avoid the ass hats when they rolled up on places we were at. If more than a few showed up, we'd leave. If you ride more than a few times a year, it isn't hard to figure out where to avoid.

Don't want to be arrested? Don't join or associate with a 1% club. Nearly all of the pictures taken of the mass of bikers in Waco had known 1% club patches, I doubt many innocents (if any) were around... and if they were they could easily prove it in a court.

17. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

The Sons of Anarchy Season Finale was crazy!

18. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

perhaps you could summarize the 7 min "live from the bathroom" vid from what seems to be some random guy?

19. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member