1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The question is not whether Biden should be the nominee -he won fair and square.

The question is how in the hell did voters make HIM the nominee? Immediate buyer's remorse. Before you even paid. As soon as you grabbed it off the shelf. What were people thinking?

There were about four other candidates that I'd have preferred over Biden. Instead, we chose another stuffy old man. This is the Democrat's problem. It's a base that should champion young, energetic candidates, but can't seem to do so.

I'm going to vote for the Democratic candidate regardless of who it is. Always have been. Mainly because I can't stand Trump. Secondly because there needs to be some sort of dignity to the job. Problem is, Trump's going to lower any candidate's dignity and pride.

You put up Yang, Klobuchar, Pete, even Corey Booker, and what sort of ammo does Trump have against them? None. It then comes down to the issues, and he stands no chance.

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Klobuchar and Booker were my top two from the get-go, donated to both their campaigns. Booker initially because he inspires me like few others are capable of; then Amy once Booker dropped out. I would be quick to point out, however, that if Biden was your 2016 candidate we would have a President Biden at this moment and be looking forward to his second term.

I think few people have to the natural instincts to be a United States president and Joe has it. He’s not Obama, whom I will always cherish. He’s not Trump (obviously) i.e. a very flawed man who can rally his core base like no other. Biden is a founding father type imo. Take away the Reade accusation and his age + history of gaffes (no it’s not dementia, his manner of speaking throughout life plus being 77 highlights the former). When it comes to brass tacks and a steady hand, particularly when it comes to foreign policy and bipartisan outreach, Joe is second to none. This has been lost in the usual smear attacks over the course of a campaign season. Come fall when things pick up full swing, I’m fairly confident Joe will remind us why the ever-wise Obama chose him as a running mate in 2007 (and natural successor to his throne).

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. cml750

cml750 Member

I seriously doubt the accusation is true. I suspect he made her extremely uncomfortable with inappropriate behavior but I doubt the penetration accusation. That being said the left and the medias hypocrisy in this is both sad and hilarious. They take the guilty until proven innocent approach with Kavanaugh with accusations that had no basis in reality and do a complete 180 with Biden who has a history of being inappropriate when it comes to women. Oh well, all in all it is just business as usual. Hypocrisy is to be expected with the left and their propagandist (AKA the mainstream media).

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Expert decision making also. Loved how he defended and trusted Bush Jr to lead us into that valiant and justified war that was "Operation Iraqi Freedom".

This is some absurd hyperbolic praising of Biden. Like a Founding Father? Really? Founding Fathers were known for injecting long lasting philosophies on government and the rights of humans. What contributions has Joe ****ing Biden contributed to our intellectual discourse besides the term "malarkey"? Dude is going to be nothing more than a steady hand rubber stamper who isn't going to say absurd **** that inflames other nations or his own citizens on a daily basis like Trump does. He isn't racist, authoritarian (though he should go light on the gun control) and vindictive like Trump so I trust him more than Trump but that's a low bar. But he is no intellectual. Far from it.

#604 fchowd0311, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  5. fchowd0311

I noticed you didn't bring up Trump and just Kavanaugh.

I think you even agree if 25 women from your past accuse you of sexual assault, there is SOMETHING there.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The best route is politely abstain from voting for either of the candidates.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

How is Iraq still a talking point? And yes, Biden is intellectual and a “country builder” type. I stand by the founding father comparison. It’s apt. And no you don’t have to have a shiny quote to meet that description. Steady hand; that’s Joe. Believe it or not, there are a large percentage of us who aren’t hyper-partisan and can see people like Joe and (sue me) Tim Kaine, Sherrod Brown, etc Attempting to guide this country in a sensible direction. I enjoy some reality tv shows but keep it out of politics, please

8. cml750

cml750 Member

My post had nothing to do with Trump but I guess your Trump derangement syndrome makes everything about Trump? I do not believe the Trump accusers any more than I believe Biden or Kavanaugh's accuser when it comes to sexual assault. There is no proof of any of it. The only proof we have of anyone doing anything wrong is video evidence of Biden being very inappropriate with women and even young girls.

9. fchowd0311

Country builder? He's a follower, reactionary hindsight type of politician. He's not a leader.

How out of touch must a campaign be for their top selling point to be how "friendly" Biden is recieved by other politicans? More than half the country hates politicians because they think they are self serving grifters. That is the common sentiment of politicans across this country and all political spectrums.

I'm sorry I bring up voting record in a presidential election discussion. Joe Biden has a history of being a reactionary hindsight politician from voting to repeal the Glass-Steagall act in 1999 which helped create the deregulated banking conditions for the 2008 subprime mortgage crisis to voting for the Iraq War and publicly defending it and Bush Jr multiple times. That's what they mean by "reach across the isle". His decision making shows he is a follower, not a leader. He'll follow the status quo no matter where it will lead us with zero independent thought. So yes he will be a "steady hand" of the status quo.

10. fchowd0311

Yes I have a derangement syndrome about discussing the only rival candidate Inna thread about the only other presidental candidate.

Use your own logic on yourself. Where in the thread title does it discuss Kavanaugh? In fact it's more logical to discuss Trump than Kavanaugh as Trump and Biden make more sense in a comparison.

You have video evidence of a old man who was lacking self awareness. If you think him hugging children was out of sexual arrousement then your mind naturally falls into the gutter. In Biden's head that's how he expressed endearment. Ya, out of touch but sexual in nature? Why assume that?

Donald Trump literally has admitted on Howard Stern to walking into women's dressing rooms in Miss Universe and Miss Teen USA pageants unannounced while they were naked. 4 Miss TEEN USA contestants made complaints to the public that they felt violated. When 25 women in your life you've met accuse you of sexual assault I don't care how wealthy you are, that isn't natural.

Jayzers_100 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The 2020 primary field was way too large. Unlike the 2016 GOP primary, where one shameful carnival barker was allowed to suck all of the oxygen from the room while everyone else tried to position themselves as the best opposition to him, the 2020 Democratic field was full of candidates who didn't have clear and distinguished reasons for running. I personally don't know why Corey Booker didn't catch on; I've always found him to be a thoughtful and passionate speaker whereas I found someone like Mayor Pete completely inauthentic and out of his depth. Other once-compelling candidates like Kamala Harris flamed out before voting even started.

But the answer to your question isn't that difficult: a meaningful bloc of Democratic voters (African Americans, blue collar workers and older Americans) signaled through the ballot box that they did not want Bernie to be the nominee. When it was clear that Mayor Pete (zero support among African Americans) and Klobuchar (couldn't finish higher than fourth in New Hampshire) were not going to see a Super Tuesday surge, they smartly coalesced around Joe Biden, who was the front-runner all along, and signaled to their supporters that there was a way to prevent Bernie from leading the party into electoral oblivion. I say all of this as someone who greatly appreciates some of the issues that Bernie brought to table over his two primary runs and thinks he has no place at the top of the Democratic ticket.

Your note about the Democratic base is interesting and shows why Barack Obama was such a compelling candidate. Very few people have been able to capture the support of so many voting groups. Bernie promised a new coalition in order to make up for his dismal support among African Americans yet, when push came to shove, they didn't show up for him. Biden can't seem to get younger voters excited for his campaign, but he has gotten every other group to the polls.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Also noticed he didn’t bring up Al Franklin. The left has been more responsive to women than the right ever have.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is your opinion so important?

Just because you don't like Biden as the nominee gives you no right to belittle everybody else choices.

The fact that you think Corey Booker is squeaky clean shows how much you don't know, I am really getting tired of the tantrum throwing just because you did not get the candidate you want.

I mean really, what expertise do you have that you can decide what the Democratic should vote for?

TheFreak likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Not meaning my opinion is important, but merely pointing out that at this point, he's a mockery of a candidate, according to some. He's going to be labeled an incompetent boob by most, especially those that think he's demented.

I don't think this, but this, coupled with the allegations, are major issues.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes he is a mockery of a candidate to some but to the majority of democrats he is not.

No he is not gonna be labeled an incompetent boob by most as shown by his poll numbers, only people who have a clear bias think he is demented.

It's pretty telling that you have labeled him as such and shows that nobody should take your opinion of him seriously.

Why would anyone think he is demented?

16. Two Sandwiches

I'm not saying that is my opinion. I'm playing devil's advocate. I will be voting for him. I just wish the candidate was better. He's fine, but he's beatable.

In a year that all the Democrats had to do was put up a candidate with a squeaky clean record, and they'd win a runaway election, they managed to have someone with sexual assault allegations against him.

I don't know if he's guilty or not. I tend to think no. I know he got the majority of the votes, and he deserves it. I don't think he is losing his mental faculties, frankly. But I'm hearing a lot of rumblings about it. His opponent will do a decent job at sowing doubt.

I'm a moderate. I lean left on a lot of social issues. I lean right on financial issues (see my other thread). I tend to vote Democrat, though. Right now I care about who can unite this country, and bring us out of the doldrums this regime has placed us in.

I just think there were more revolutionary candidates to do this. I don't mean to sound so much like I'm clowning on Joe. I just think that things have changed so much, that if everyone could time travel back four months ago, knowing what we know now, Joe wouldn't be the candidate. Bernie wouldn't either.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is no candidate that has a squeaky clean record, who do you think is that clean?

Any candidate will have something the opponenet can attack be it true or not. Biden might have the best defense for this because he has been on the public stage forever.

What has happened in 4 months that would knock Biden out of the race.

What has changed?

I really have no idea what you are talking about, the Reade allegations?

18. Two Sandwiches

The Reade allegations. Many people think he's a creepy old man. Doubt on his cognitive abilities, etc. These things come out as the field narrows.

I'm saying you just needed someone that was had a morally clean record. Pete, Yang, Booker, and to an extent Klobuchar are who would have breezed through, to me.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member