1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep, he stole Nuclear documents - and now is trying to deflect with "Whataboutisms"

He needs to go away so America can heal.....he is the one of the worst people on this planet.

DD

VooDooPope likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't be serious. You do realize Trump was fact checked and proven wrong on over 30,000 lies just in 4 years, right? You do realize Covid wasn't a hoax right? You do realize Trump didn't win the election right?

I'd change that 99% to 1% in a heartbeat.

Oh, and by the way, If you want to see people believing anything with zero proof you should listen to some of those kooks that were interviewed at Trump rallies. It's absolutely hilarious the stuff they believe.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He posts this as a gotcha moment failing to realize, that Trump whole presidency from the getgo have been leaking like sht.

Hell this whole raid started off b/c of a leak from trump inner circle

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

The MAGATs that commit suicide by cop this week should just have “but Hunter!!!!” On their tombstones.

Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

When does the warrant get unsealed, i want to see some of my fellow poster showcase their PhD in mental gymnastics

Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow.

I need a shower after watching that.

cdastros, adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

CML is a troll - he/she/it.....is not worth the time, put them on ignore that is the best place for idiots like that.

DD

Andre0087 and SamFisher like this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Good idea.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I now have 14 trolls, bullies, and haters on ignore. Having actual debates and discussions in here gets better every day. I don't mind having debates with people who are genuine. It's the middle school mentality bullying and trolling types I can do without.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Two points:

House Republicans had a "Defend Trump" press conference scheduled for today. They cancelled it. We'll see how long it takes them to gin up talking points about how this is no big deal because Democrats do it too and in fact, it's a really good thing because Trump did it to bring down the Deep State. Or something.

We don't know where the info about the nature of the documents came from. Some of the news stories mention people who were briefed. That could be anyone from inside DOJ and the FBI to other agencies who might be affected if the information was compromised to Congressional folks on the intelligence committees to judges and legal staff involved in the case. Also, don't forget a grand jury subpoena was issued so there are at least a grand jury's worth of people who have an inkling about the case running around out there.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The fact the Republican old guard/mainline is sitting on their hands a bit here is very telling.

They're not stupid. They know the risk-reward ratio is way off currently for defending Trump.

They know he probably dun goofed. They're just waiting to see how badly before they decide whether or not to shill for him over it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Watching some more of this guy's posted videos- wtf would these deluded rednecks do without semi-socialized medicine? You know they don't have insurance.

Reeko and Andre0087 like this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hilarious that Trump is now screaming at DOJ to release the warrant right away when he has a copy and can release it any time he likes, and also said he wouldn't release it yesterday.

Outrage theater.

Amiga, Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

A few more notes:

It is somewhat amazing how fast we have gone from Trump just being a vanity collector who keeps newspaper clippings and a few presidential seal golf balls to nuclear secrets.

The Obama stuff has been thoroughly debunked at this point, but I suppose if you think Trump is just too stupid to understand that, go for it I guess. It's a really bad whataboutism.

Trump bet that DOJ wouldn't have the guts to come after him. He bet they would be afraid of the political ramifications and angering his base. That did not dissuade them.

Trump saying he wants all the documents released is another gamble. If there is highly classified info in the seized documents, they won't be released in full so Trump can blur the facts and say they are doing him dirty and planting stuff. If that is indeed what happens, it will probably work with some here.

As to searching Melania's stuff, that's faux pearl-clutching. If only criminals put stuff in obvious places there would be no need to search closets and underwear drawers. However, the nature of a criminal is to hide stuff.

Good article in The Atlantic today noting that, as President, Trump could declassify some documents, but not all--and his successor could just as easily reclassify the information. However, there are some categories the President does not have the power to declassify, including the identity of spies and nuclear secrets.

Finally, it should be noted that we don't know if nuclear secret documents were found. We only know through leaks that they were sought. Lot of smoke though.

mikol13, Amiga, Xerobull and 4 others like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's made sense for decades.

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Could this FINALLY be the Watergate moment when Repubs turn on Trump?

DD

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Unless he basically gave state secrets to foreign adversaries I'm guessing no.

Even then there's enough people who cannot be convinced of any wrongdoing no matter the evidence that the Trump turd will never flush.

FranchiseBlade likes this.