1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

The classified documents case is more important than the fake electors case. He was pissing on the safety of our intelligence officers and troops.

FranchiseBlade and rocketsjudoka like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I agree and both are more important than the hush money trial. That said you are either for the rule of law and holding people to account regardless of politics or you’re not.

Andre0087, Xopher and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? I disagree. If classified documents are distributed to anyone, and especially foreign powers, then it poses a risk to our national security. There are reasons documents are classified as Secret, Top Secret, etc... What you are implying is that anyone can take those documents, and show them, share, or sell the info to anyone, and it doesn't really matter, and nobody is concerned. Hogwash!

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Absolutely I do. I don't care so much about the hush money except insofar that any case where guilt can be proven beyond reasonable doubt should be prosecuted. But he stole those documents for some malevolent reason. He had hoped to leverage them somehow for his own benefit at the detriment of the US and therefore ultimately me. So I didn't much appreciate it.

pugsly8422 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Trunp was busted showing classified information to some of his friends and a reporter. For free.

FranchiseBlade and deb4rockets like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

trump obviously cared about his affair with Stormy Daniels since he paid a bribe to keep her quiet so as to not hurt his chance as winning the election. In doing so he committed a crime and is now being tried for that crime. He also committed a crime with regard to the mishandling of classified documents. Again, it is obvious trump cared about this crime since he lied about his handling of these documents and refused to provide the documents, changing his story constantly in the process. Its just obvious his judge also cares about how trump broke this as she has been delaying this trial with hope it goes away after the election.

You continually defend trump, attack those who do want the rule of law to prevail, and claim you won't vote for him.

[​IMG]

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

They have the evidence to prove that in court?

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Doubt it.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I think there are at least a couple dozen.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Whether Trump kept the documents to sell them or just for his own ego doesn’t change that he wasn’t supposed to. He had multiple chances to cooperate with the national
    Archives and DOJ to return them with no consequence but instead chose to lie and obstruct.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Some people find it disturbing that our former president may be a felonious criminal and so many people (like yourself) don't seem to have a problem with it.

FranchiseBlade and deb4rockets like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Did I read that democrats "hate Trump" because he beat Hillary and because he cut taxes?
    Hahaha. OMG. What a fantasy land.

Can nobody who votes for him look at his laundry list of human flaws?

For the record, I guess I'm a democrat, given the lack of other sane options right now, and I do hate Trump. Here's why, @StupidMoniker:
    * he values his own ego over everyone else's well-being and the well-being of our country.
    * he is an obvious con man, a carny
    * his MO is to spin lies and get people to swear allegiance to him
    * given that MO, he delights in turning Americans against Americans -- those that suck up his lies vs. those who do not. He likes to then paint anyone who dares criticize him as some sort of anti-American. (Fascist playbook.)
    * he is, by all reasonable accounts, a lifelong narcissist who does not want to play by society's rules, including federal laws, obviously.
    * dozens of people who have worked closely with him have said horrible things about him and they will not vote for him.

Beating Hillary was fine. She was a lousy candidate. And cutting taxes is standard GOP fair (along with complaining about deficits that go right along with cutting taxes). He beat Hillary -- that's a normal part of politics. He cut taxes -- that's a normal part of politics. We don't hate him for that, LOL. Look at your candidate as a human being, just for a couple of minutes, honestly, and then you can go back to make-believe land.

Agent94, Rashmon, KingCheetah and 6 others like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I disliked Trump back in the 90's. Always thought he was a blowhard conman.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Sickening, but true. It's baffling how people can trust someone so seedy and vile with leading our country. I could easily add 20 more disgusting and immoral traits to that list.

Xopher likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not a radical assessment, LOL.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It really must hurt your brain that there are people that aren't Team Biden or Team Trump.
    Oh Trump absolutely sucks and is a garbage human, but he was a garbage human before he ever ran for President and Democrats didn't hate him. He also isn't my candidate, I will once again be casting my vote into the abyss by voting Libertarian.

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

#BeWell

Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Sure, I wouldn't admit to being a trump supporter either. "Democrats" didn't hate trump before he ran for president?

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Democrats may not have hated him prior to 2016. But they disliked him for sure.

The hatred probably came after he tried a coup.

No Worries and Xopher like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t speak for Democrats but I as stated I couldn’t stand him long before he got into politics.

Also what is worse that Democrats were ambivalent to Trump before he got into politics or that many prominent Republicans sharply criticized him when he first got into politics and now are slavishly devoted to him
    And defend him?

FranchiseBlade likes this.