1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agent94, mdrowe00, JeeberD and 5 others like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The affidavit mentioned classified documents pertaining to classified systems and control over things including clandestine sources of intelligence gathering.

There's also this nice bit of information.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ed-justify-search-mar-lago-released-rcna44959

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So many Trump supporters were calling for the release of the affidavit. Now, it's happened and it isn't good news for Trump.

No wonder Trump's legal team never asked for the release. Only Trump in an effort to play the victim card, asked. His legal team never did.

jiggyfly, DaDakota and Ubiquitin like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I like how Trump has so little faith in his cult of crazies/the Republican party, that not only does he always have to remind them that he's their favorite president, but it's "your favorite president, me" - he has used this phrasing multiple times, in case they forget it's him.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

When I think of how classy George Bush was in handing over the presidency to Barack Obama, and actually even how gracefully Barack Obama handed it over to Trump - Trump has been an absolutely classless shitshow in comparison. Not only the claims of the stolen election, but then like an angry child stealing a bunch of classified documents on top.

This man must never be President again.

7. adoo

adoo Member

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Maybe. Just guesses at this point. But it's a good thing that somebody is helping to protect our nation's classified information safe and secure.

AleksandarN and Blatz like this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Are you suggesting that they release information that could endanger intelligence gathering sources, classified materials and interfere with an ongoing investigation?

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What a silly tweet. Hilarious that it ignores the evidence of multiple crimes present on the property, and the you yourself gloss that over as well.

AleksandarN, mdrowe00, adoo and 3 others like this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope it was Eric “Flying coach” Trump because Donald buried his mom at a golf course for a tax break.

14. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Watch it be Kimberly Guilfoyle, Jr.'s Fiance and Gavin Newsome's ex wife. Talk about playing the long game...

jiggyfly and Ubiquitin like this.
  15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Voice from the past feels relevant:

"How very much I’ve tried my best to give you the good life...

...But in spite of all of my trying, a handful of our people, with their lies, have made our life impossible. There’s no way to detach ourself from what’s happened today. Not only are we in a compound situation, not only are there those who have left and committed the betrayal of the century, ... And we — we are sitting here waiting on a powder keg.

... I have never, never, never, never seen anything like this before in my life. I’ve never seen people take the law uh, and do uh — in their own hands and provoke us...

I’m the best thing you’ll ever have. I want, want, I have to pay ... I’m standing with those people. They’re part of me. I could detach myself. I really could detach myself. No, no, no, no, no, no. I never detach myself from any of your troubles. I’ve always taken your troubles right on my shoulders. And I’m not going to change that now...

We will win. We win when we go down. Tim Stoen has nobody else to hate. He has nobody else to hate. Then he’ll destroy himself. I’m speaking here not as uh, the administrator, I’m speaking as a prophet today. I wouldn’t have set in this seat and talked so serious if I didn’t know what I was talking about. ...The immense amount of damage that’s going to be done, but I cannot separate myself from the pain of my people...

What a legacy, what a legacy. What the Red Brigade doin’ one bit that made any sense anyway? They invaded our privacy. They came into our home...
    "

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your back must be in a lot of pain given how much contorting you do to maintain your sense of grievance.

Nook, Andre0087, jiggyfly and 4 others like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I really have to wonder what is in the documents he wants so badly?

I don't even think it's that secret or classified, You just know it's something to stroke his ego.

Andre0087, No Worries and durvasa like this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he really cares who that information could put in danger. It's the MAGA mentality. I doubt he knows much about top secret information or was ever an officer in anything but his own mind.

Nook, FranchiseBlade and justtxyank like this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think the possibilities are pretty vast:
    1) He had some information that implicates him in something
    2) He had information that would just tarnish him publicly with regards to Ukraine/Russia
    3) He had things he just liked showing off
    4) He had things that were important for his financial transactions
    5) He simply wants them back because he's scared he's going to jail if they keep looking through them
    6) He doesn't really want them back it's just better PR to tantrum that they are his instead of admitting they aren't