1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking Down the Kings Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Nov 26, 2001.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I know a lot about the Kings , They still wont have Webber but that wont matter they will shoot the ball all day .

Position Breakdown

Vlade Divac vs Cato/Willis , Divac plays well as always , The

Rockets might want to foul him , in his last game he went 4 for 12 from the line . He is a hard worker in the paint and should see an easy double double

Scott Pollard vs The Power Forwards

Pollard is another Great rebounder , he didnt score in the last game vs the Nets but he can shoot and he cleans the glass on a nightly basis .

Predrag Stojakovic/Hedo Turkoglu vs Glen Rice/Walt Williams

Turkoglu will also see time at Shooting Guard , You have to admire the Kings for picking up these two Euro sensation , Rice and Walt not know for defense will probably watch these two nail the 18 foot J in their face all day long . Peja is gonna put it up all night long and there isnt much you can do about it .

Doug Christie versus Cuttino Mobley

Mobley can take it to the rack but Christie is a tough defender , but if Cuttino gets hot not many people can stop him .
    Christie still cannot shoot the ball at all

Mike Bibby/Bobby Jackson vs Steve Francis/Moochie Norris

Two teams with two Excellent backup Point guards , since the Rockets are small we will probably see both Bibby and Jackson on the during the game , Bibby can hit the 15 foot jumper and Jackson can stroke the three and he is a tremendous hustle player .

Bench - the Kings will bring out guys like Lawrence Funderburke and Maybe even Gerald Wallace the rookie , The rocks have Eddie Griffin and Oscar Torres , The Kings bench is superb and most of them would start on a number of teams in the NBA .

Coaching - Rick Adelman has taken teams far before , he isnt one to criticize much like Rudy Tomjanovich

Prediction , The only Way we win is if we stop EVERYONE on the Kings from having a good game which will be like Holding 12 corks under water . You cannot run and shoot with this team they will KILL you . I think The Rockets at home put up a good fight but lose 90-88

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

We will win this one damnit! :mad: If the Rockets have any pride whatsoever they will kick their ASSSS! Our guards talk alot of trash to Webber, and then go around losing to a Webber-less Kings. :mad:

Of course all of this depends on whether Steve actually plays or not. :(

3. Houstone

Houstone Member

The Rockets win by two, if Steve plays they will win by 10...

I hope....:(

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Does anyone remember when the Kings scored 46 on us in Q1 last year?

It was absolutely ridiculous.

I remember a Christie 3-pointer that, when he heaved it up, didn't have a prayer to go in. It was waaaaay to the right.

Ha.

The ball swirved in midair and found the bottom of the net.

5. drpepper

drpepper Member

Finalsbound, do you remember the game last week in Sac. Christie lit us up in the 3rd and had like 29 pts. in the game.

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I expect a 46 point loss.

Now that I've managed my expectations, a 23 point loss and hitting 7-8 tomorrow will be like puddin'.

7. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Yeah! The Kings just lost to the almighty Grizz ... they will light it up tomorrow night ...

DAMN! Rockets win by 9. :mad:

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

THE REVENGE OF J WILL

GOD Why do they have to lose before they play us!

9. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

... and perhaps the emergence of Philly castaway Rodney Buford? A.I.'s personal hype man from last year is on the Grizz this season... he scored 26 on 10 of 16 shooting against the Kings, guarded largely by Doug Christie I presume. Impressive.

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Prediction:
    Kings 100, Rockets 78. Without Steve and Cuttino we will get smoked.