1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you need to read up on human brain development. The most important ages for human brain development that determines mental health and ability to be a socially responsible parent as an adult is between the ages of 0-10 and more specifically 0-3. It's these ages that are most impressional on a human that determines their competency and mental well being as adults.

Last time I checked kids at these ages can't pick themselves up from their bootstraps to provide themselves with healthcare. They can't give themselves a stable home or a high quality well funded public k-12 system. Not providing them these basic things will only increase the statistical probabilities of more bad outcomes and this more burdens to the system.

These notions that people become lazy and dependant on welfare has no statistical or scientific backing. It's just "gut" takes that make sense in people's brains.

These socioeconomic issues have never been solved by public service announcements about "changing culture". You have to create the environment for black kids to be shielded away as much as possible from the statistical outcomes of being raised into poor underfunded neighborhoods with a parent or parents that have no equity who work full time paycheck to paycheck.

You also have to completely change our recurutiment system for law enforcement. Law enforcement culture is extremely right wing and are extremely apathetic and often malicious towards Black activism.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I appreciate your honesty. We disagree greatly about whether systemic racism exists today. I find it incredibly difficult to understand how anyone who paid attention to what happened in 2020 believes that systemic racism does not exist, but I appreciate your honesty.

@vlaurelio, you’re right, I wandered far off topic. I thought there was common ground to find with Salvy, so it was worth the divergence, but unfortunately not. But there was at least honest discussion. I’ll leave it and resume discussing the thread topic.

jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I don't blame you. hard to ignore a systemic racism denyer and welfare complainers considering maga are pretty much welfare states

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What? We are listening to you, but you are presenting flawed reasoning. How about you present hard facts, actual data? I think that's a fair demand since you are making claims based on anecdotal evidence.

This world is not black and white. Your position is based on the theory that everyone has a fair and equal start. Do you honestly believe this?

#1724 ElPigto, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...same to you, sir.

...there's plenty enough to do about all of this...and there may finally be enough of us willing to do what it's going to take to get all of us heading to a better place in our lives and amongst one another.

Lying and catering to weak or closed or deranged minds isn't going to work...and it never has.

I appreciate anybody (particularly white folks) who are honest and earnest in their desire, and comprehensive and objective in their willingness, to do what must be done to fix what I believe ails us as Americans most:

...a fear of having to pay for the sins of our fathers, and the sins of their fathers.

We can do what it takes...what it demands from each of us...to make a better nation than the one the world saw at that horrible scene at the capitol building.

It was an unfortunate boil that needed to be lanced, I'm afraid. It was, in many ways not even attributed to the Donald, an inevitability.

But now is the time to free all of us from the past sins that brought that ugly scene about.

You can see the beginnings of it, where a Jewish immigrant and a black man won legislative congressional seats in a place in our country that once was a bulwark of racist white supremacist dogma, while anti-semites and the spiritual descendants of the Ku Klux Klan were trampling the spirit and promise of democracy for us all.

Now isn't the time to be afraid of the truth, sir. Nor is it time to continue to indulge the ramblings and utterances of cowards and idiots.

The way forward is the way forward. For all of us.

And nobody has to go anywhere they don't want to go...

jiggyfly, fchowd0311 and Deckard like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OMG! Who in the hell would be happy about what happened at the Capitol other than the terrorists and crazies who followed Trump's command? I think it's scary as hell that this happened. It pisses me off that there was not a huge security presence there with all the hoopla leading up to it and the talk going on well in advance.

It really hit me harder tonight when I watched 20/20. I guess the reality of how much more deadly this could have been finally sink in, and hearing them pound on the door where the Senators were hiding was really scary. I'm so pissed that this happened so easily. That's so crazy. I knew Trump was a psychopath, but seeing him and his family watching with glee as they stormed over the barricades really showed me that he is even more dangerous and crazy than I had ever imagined.

7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...hey...
    ...anybody got anymore on this cat killing himself? Did this actually happen?

...Jesus Mary mother of God....

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gosar should be fired at the LEAST!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...hah!

...this mofo is dropping more dimes than a clumsy bank teller!

...they got their damned conspiracy after all!

...he ain't going to jail by himself...
    ...he's going to make sure of that!;)

#1731 mdrowe00, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This summer, I saw real hope that non-black Americans were starting to better understand what’s been going on in this country, myself included. To really begin to care about the issues, to see that systemic racism isn’t something for just people of color to be mad about, to fight against. The shitshow that Trump and trumpers put on these four years forces us to confront the reality that it impacts all of us. Hence my discussion with Salvy...I thought there might be common ground there or at least a narrowing of the gap. Sadly not the case, so time to move on.

As one of my friends said to me, we don’t have time to waste on people who can’t see systemic racism after George Floyd. It remains beyond me how that’s even possible, but alas it is. The effort has to be focused on opening more minds, productive dialogue to bridge gaps and increase understanding and willingness to give a crap about what other people are going through,

13. TimDuncanDonaut

PGA Championship leaving Trump National in '22 tournament

KAPALUA, Hawaii (AP) — The PGA of America cut ties to President Donald Trump when it voted Sunday to take the PGA Championship event away from his New Jersey golf course next year.

The vote comes four days after the Trump-fueled riot at the nation’s Capitol as Congress was certifying the election victory of President-elect Joe Biden. This is the second time in just over five years the PGA of America removed one of its events from a Trump course.

PGA President Jim Richerson says the board voted to exercise its right to “terminate the agreement” with Trump National in Bedminster, New Jersey.

“We find ourselves in a political situation not of our making,” Seth Waugh, the CEO of the PGA of America, said in a telephone interview. “We’re fiduciaries for our members, for the game, for our mission and for our brand. And how do we best protect that? Our feeling was given the tragic events of Wednesday that we could no longer hold it at Bedminster. The damage could have been irreparable. The only real course of action was to leave.”

[​IMG]

source

Rashmon, mdrowe00 and No Worries like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

FBI arrests Nashville zip-tie suspect from assault on U.S. Capitol

[​IMG]

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A self-described "hidden patriot" from Nashville, outed on social media as a rioter who invaded the U.S. Senate chambers Wednesday with a weapon and zip-tie handcuffs, was arrested Sunday on federal charges, NewsChannel 5 has learned.

FBI agents took Eric Gavelek Munchel, age 30, into custody on a federal arrest warrant charging him with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. He was booked into a Nashville jail at 2:50 p.m.

[​IMG]

His Facebook page showed Munchel supported unsuccessful efforts to recall Nashville Mayor John Cooper. He is believed to be employed at a Nashville bar that has opposed Cooper's restriction on bars in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

After Munchel became the object of social media speculation, he apparently disabled his Facebook page.

The U.S. Department of Justice also announced agents had also arrested Larry Rendell Brock, of Texas.

Brock was identified as one of the individuals who unlawfully entered the U.S. Capitol wearing a green helmet, green tactical vest with patches, black and camo jacket, and beige pants holding a white flex cuff, which is used by law enforcement to restrain and/or detain subjects, the DOJ said.

[​IMG]

article

#1734 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Holy smokes! I knew it had to be an inside job. A bet it goes much higher and lower than these two stooges.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Open treason.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

These two Bozos should be tried to the full extent. They took oaths to uphold the Constitution, on Bibles. No mercy should be given.

19. vlaurelio

unless they got someone higher than them

20. vlaurelio

Zboy, Reeko, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.