1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Poor innocent tourists

dookiester and No Worries like this.
  2. cdastros

cdastros Member

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to quote myself, but here's an interesting and disturbing example: Silicon Valley GOP official cheered the riot on social media. He claimed that he was not pro-violence but that he just wanted to defend the constitution at all costs.

So this is what Trump and the right-wing media bubble have accomplished. Trump = America = constitution. For him to lose an election is literally, to some people, anti-Constitutional and anti-American. For Joe Biden (or really, any other American) to beat Trump in an election is, itself, a sort of unthinkable revolution.

I'm not sure how you deprogram these people. Fox could help, a little, if it wanted to, but that would blunt their market share.

Anyone thinking that Biden takes office and fairy dust happens and everything gets better is fooling themselves. We will have an upgrade at president and in many key federal agencies, but the brainwashed people are still everywhere, (as evidenced by this bold and unapologetic moron -- sorry, he is, as he also posts anti-mask stuff -- in Silicon Valley).

#1503 B-Bob, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We need to start rioting outside of FoxNews, NewsMax, and OAN news buildings. They are directly responsible for a lot of this. Why should they get a free pass?

FrontRunner and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't think a violent riot, but a non-violent sit-in, a human chain that wouldn't let anyone enter or leave the building until they start telling the truth... that could get interesting.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cheers!

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

8. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...wait...

...this officer committed suicide?

9. Surfguy

He's another Trump casualty.

I assume still no half-staff at the WH?

#1509 Surfguy, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  10. heypartner

that might not be Sicknick. I'm sure the investigators know.

This longer (more complete) video shows both officers who were dragged out get up and walk away once some "patriots" in the crowd started protecting them from the mob. dragging starts around 2:30

we can see the name tag of one of the officers. can anyone read it?

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Riot? **** that. Boycott all of their advertisers, especially for nightly opinion shows.

12. Surfguy

Yea...we'll hit each other with sticks until we go to the hospital due to our injuries.

13. heypartner

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. Surfguy

So, that guy in the brown jacket is definitely a murderer. I'm not clear what the guy with his hands on the officer's neck is doing? Checking for a pulse? Is the guy to the left of the officer hitting him with a crutch?

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This is hard to watch isn’t it? The mob mentality is a ugly thing whether it’s from Antifa, BLM or Trump supporters. What I’m afraid of is this won’t stop ...mob injustice is wrong. Go 2021

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mdrowe00 and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

See, when you equate everything as the same, you try to apply the same solution which for you is merely having glorified normative public service announcements explaining how rioting is bad which never worked in the history of mankind.

Riots happen for reasons. You have to understand those reasons. Because understanding the reasons is how you understand a solution to reduce the frequency of riots.

What is the solution to sporadic riots from minority groups like African Americans in poor disgruntled communties? Well when you examine that the median wealth of a white household is 1000% more than the median wealth of a black household, I hope it would be self-evident for you to see how sporadic riots would occur as it's common sense that any nation where it's two large racial groups having that severe almost apartheid level of wealth inequality between said two races would naturally result in violence. So the solution here would be finding ways to reduce that wealth gap between black and white households.

So what was the reason for the capitol riots? The reason for that riot was a bunch of people with low intellectual capability being brainwashed by a narcissistic egomaniac and various social media platforms that the election was stolen. That's how that riot formed. Therefore you have to find a solution to that cause. To me that would be being very vigilant in putting down misinformation on facebook and other social media apps along with improving our k-12 education system.

It's unproductive and nothing more than saving face of your political leanings to create an equally vile component of your political ideological rivals to feel better about your ideology when you do these false equivalencies.

18. Surfguy

mdrowe00, AleksandarN and Ubiquitin like this.
  19. Rudy

Rudy Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm with you, they are different but its not like the democratic party did not attach themselves to those civil rights out of pure interest and also don't give a damn about them. And a lot of people in those riots were not even ones affected by those 2 centuries of grievances. We've come a long way and have a long way to go but I can sincerely say that those civil right movements create more division than unity. Did it accomplish anything? Did any of the riots accomplish anything? Or were both just fueled by anger and incited by a political stage that only left destruction. Yeah one is not like the other, I agree. But racism still exist and will continue to exist, and if racism is a sign of ignorance why even consider that ignorance will forcefully accept in the midst of chaos and scolding.