1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I think it’s mildly amusing that they can’t figure out a more secure way to go about their treason. Pretty much all their planning is right out in the open for anyone to see, including law enforcement. Hopefully after this debacle they’ll heed the warnings more seriously.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Because they have the backing of shitstein

mdrowe00 and Reeko like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

the brazenness is just astounding to me...talking down in your mom’s basement with your buddies in secret is 1 thing, but just out in the open online for people to see is so astonishing

the blatant disregard for people’s lives is crazy too...they say someone needs to get shot, killed, tortured, etc so easily...it’s like saying good morning for them

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

A Georgia man with connections to the QAnon conspiracy theory is among at least 16 people facing federal charges from Wednesday’s assault on the U.S. Capitol.

Cleveland Grover Meredith of Hiawassee is charged with threatening House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to a news releasefrom the U.S. Department of Justice. CNN reports that federal charging documents show Meredith also faces weapons charges.

In 2018, Meredith attracted attention in metro Atlanta for erecting a billboard on Cobb Parkway in Acworth espousing QAnon, a baseless and debunked conspiracy theory that holds Democrats and Hollywood elites are part of a secret cabal that snatches children to sexually exploit and kill for a supposed youth-regenerating chemical. QAnon adherents believe that President Donald Trump is in a holy war against the cabal, and at least some apparently saw this past week’s riot as a part of Trump’s planned takedown of the cabal.

According to a report filed by federal agents, Meredith allegedly sent a text message threatening to put “a bullet in (Pelosi’s) noggin on Live TV” and another message that he was headed to Washington for the rally with armor-piercing bullets. The report notes that car trouble prevented Meredith from arriving in time for the pro-Trump rally, but he continued to Washington anyway.

Acting on a tip, FBI agents found Meredith at a Washington, D.C., hotel Thursday evening. The report said Meredith consented to a search of his hotel room, cellphone, truck and the trailer it was hauling. In the search, agents allegedly found an assault rifle, handguns and ”hundreds of rounds of ammunition,” as well as the threatening messages.

In one message, a relative expresses disbelief at his comments about Pelosi. Meredith allegedly replied, “I’ve been on the radar for a while now, they now (sic) I’m harmless.”

The report states that Meredith continued to send violent and profane messages about Pelosi. “I predict that within 12 days, many in our country will die,” he allegedly wrote.

When the other participant in the text conversation said they were worried about him, Meredith allegedly replied that he was “high” and locked in his hotel room. FBI agents reported seizing “a box of suspected THC edibles and a vial of Testosterone Cypionate/Propionate.”

In June, Meredith showed up to a Black Lives Matter protest in Hiawassee with an assault rifle, the North Georgia News reported.

“I sincerely believe the New World Order, Cabal, Deep State — whatever you want to call it — wants society to devolve into a race war so that it’s much easier to take over,” he told the newspaper.

Hiawasse Police Chief Paul Smith said Meredith was known to local law enforcement and that he had recently moved from the city to nearby Hayesville, North Carolina.

Meredith is part of a growing number of people facing charges following the attack on Congress. Along with the 16 facing federal charges, the Justice Department said approximately 40 people face charges in Superior Court ranging from curfew violations to gun charges.

Those numbers are likely to grow as internet sleuths pore over photos and video the insurrectionists took of the riots and posted to social media. Americus attorney McCall Calhoun took part in breaching the Capitol and posted photos from inside the Rotunda.

“The Deep State cannot stop us,” he wrote on Parler, a social media network popular with Trump supporters. “They learned that today when we stormed the Capitol and took it. The word is we’re all coming back armed for war.”

Calhoun has not been charged.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I bet the FBI just can't believe these guys are that stupid.

R0ckets03 and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

the right is really cannibalizing itself

#1426 Mr. Space City, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    nacho bidness and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Sorry but it’s well known that these trumpers are not Noble prize winners

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The funny thing with crazy is that it will never go away.

It's like infinite energy. A self perpetuating ouroboros of chaos.

It'd be a mistake to wait for it to collapse in on itself.

B-Bob, Mr. Space City and malakas like this.
  9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Can't say I'm surprised.

Rashmon and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Because just like their cult leader, they are neither smart nor competent.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Quality Post
    @Trader_Jorge is that you?

CometsWin and nacho bidness like this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He is the ultimate grifter. I am guessing QAnon stoped buying his merch.

jiggyfly and Mr. Space City like this.
  13. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I imagine he's distancing himself since he's already been in a ton of hot water over sandy hook takes etc.

Like how he says he knows they were full of **** since day 1 yet he and many right wingers were willing to entertain these bozos. Now we have elected reps born of these clowns.

B-Bob, Mr. Space City and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

this is some serious **** if true. If they can prove the leader of the proud boys and trump organized this thing on the day he visited the White House it could probably be considered as treason.

Edit: read the whole thread.

#1435 tmoney1101, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Well....

Duh

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

bear fur man already admitted he and the Arizona contingent were invited by Trump

I wouldn't be surprised Trump & co arranged to have someone open the gates and doors and lead them in

I remember Don Jr was counting down in the viewing party

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He seriously had the leader of the Proud Boys at the White House after he told them to stand by?

Was the leader of the Proud Boys at the Capitol that day?

19. Xerobull

They did. Capitol police. Watch the videos.

That’s why this was an organized coup attempt. Fortunately their expendable fodder foot soldiers were all utter morons.

vlaurelio and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. Xerobull

As others have said, these people are going to flip on Trump in droves. I don’t know why he hasn’t been arrested. Presidential immunity?