1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/trump-rioters-online-aftermath

But as some Trump allies in Congress, like Rep. Matt Gaetz, began to lie that the rioters were orchestrated by left-wing antifa activists, TheDonald’s users spoke up to defend themselves.

“It’s sickening seeing people give Antifa the glory of fed-up Americans,” one popular post wrote.

Another user called on everyone to “flame” those who claimed the insurrection was carried out by left-wing protesters: “WE took the capitol building.”

As they watched Trump’s concession Thursday, which many supporters had vowed would never come, some TheDonald users remained in denial that he had actually conceded, analyzing his every word for shreds of hope. But others quickly turned to despair.

“I just threw up in my mouth while watching this video,” one post, with more than 80 upvotes, read.

“I’m kind of in shock right now,” someone replied. “I feel so empty.”

Poor thing, you just hate to see it.

2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...hell, the Klansman of yesterday...(and yesteryear) knew enough to do THAT much...;)

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, but keep in mind that most of these people do not have to "think" because they in general are not questioned by society. They are white men in America and they often have done whatever they want from the womb. They did not grow up being led to believe they were not smart enough. Being "alpha" was a birthright as a male and more specifically a white male, they were essentially told by their families and societies that they would wield power and influence...... in their homes and outside the homes....... they never had to be sexually harassed or harassed by police officers..... they never entered a store and were asked if they were stealing or if they were "thugs".... they never had to be introspective either because no one questioned them, and if a women or a minority did question them, they were quickly brushed aside....

So we have a country where there are a lot of mentally fat and lazy white men that are spoiled and believe that the world owes them something....... those are luxuries most women and minorities do not get to experience.

My point earlier was that some seem to think that these Trumpers are all backwoods losers that don't have employment and are social misfits.... there are some of those for sure, but there are also people (white men) in positions of power in small ways, from being bosses, to Judges, offficers, lawyers and other professions..... and these people have influence and power.

What no one ever discusses is just how incredibly civilization (in this case the USA) is and has been by completely marginalizing women and minorities, they have been purposely excluded from powers of position and these same Trumper idiots don't realize their own lives are worse for it... how much better would the USA be if blacks and Hispanics and Women had been encouraged or even just allowed to be in positions of power.... let the best of the best rise to the top, not just the best of the white men.

mdrowe00, Dgn1, HillBoy and 4 others like this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Correct. I don't agree with blanket pardons, but you nailed it.

edwardc likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...I was wondering what they were going to do had they breached the chambers with congressional members still inside. I seriously doubt they were just going to stand around and chant "USA! USA! USA!" and "Pence sucks!". I would say Trump is lucky this didn't unfold a bit differently. Some of these people weren't there to talk.

Also, when you get a bunch of white power folks congregated and you use words like "fight" and "war", they tend to interpret these words as using violence to achieve their goals even if you mean to just passionately protest peacefully. And, that is what most of these folks were...a bunch of white nationalist/power folks looking to control the country through violence if necessary. The few minorities mixed in were sadly misinformed about who they were among and what their goals were compared to their own. To me, using inflammatory rhetoric like what was used in these speeches is little different from yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded auditorium inciting chaos and panic. Brooks, Giuliani, Don Jr, Trump, Cruz...should all be charged for what they did. They all contributed to this sh_t show. And, now they are trying to walk it back. It's too late for that. It's done.

#1065 Surfguy, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Personal anecdote told once before but relevant to Nooks post.

I was born in 1953. I am as guilty of passively benefitting white male supremacy as anybody on the planet. Yet me, and a very small group of my childhood friends did not fall prey to the propaganda, like a tiny island in a sea of discrimination in East Texas. I often wonder why and my friends and I discuss it without conclusion (they all still Live in Longview so their peer pressure is greater than mine in the city), My story: I saw my best football buddies physically abuse a young black man and laugh. I was 40% raised by a benevolent black woman. The music we listened to was at least 50% black produced (James Brown B.B. King Taj Mahal) and we took a hell of a lot of LSD in the 70's , ha.

By all rights, I should be one of Them, My Dad was and my brother is. So I can't really explain how I'm not or how to get through the bubble, but I'm glad I'm not.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's your education background? I'm assuming that might be the reason. You might read and write more than the people in your childhood bubble.

Being introspective is how you escape the bubble.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. Dubious

I went to TCU as a f*ckoff, have ADD so I don't concentrate enough to really read anything but Cliff Notes., ha. I graduated from Texas A&M because I had to for Landscape Architecture, I was never an Aggie. LSD will certainly give self reflection. I was never motivated to be a part of real society (Rotory, kids, PTA) and only succeeded as far as I did I think from privilege.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The second time trump has needed barriers set up around the White House...

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. Mr. Space City

Interesting that most of insurgents getting doxxed on social media are business owners and people with good jobs...

No Worries, fchowd0311 and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of them were armed......... some of them had large high grade zip ties to take hostages.... some of them had sledge hammers showing this was at least planned by some.... a number of Neo Nazi, Holocause denier members were present..... oddly there were a spattering of minority men, not sure why the hell they would think it would be a good idea to jump the Trump shark, but there were Jews that voted for Hitler too.

13. Dubious

She wasn't, she was an insane banshee.

14. NewRoxFan

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Where is the change in tune? The big difference between the sides is the one side has the leader that Condemns the violence that happened( like he did during the summer). Unlike the other side who has a leader who incites violence and loves his followers for it. You take your false false equivalencies else where. I hate people who are intellectually dishonest

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It really shows their privilege. These people actually have a lot to lose. To do this shows how protected they thought they would be.

mdrowe00 and Mr. Space City like this.
  17. Dubious

They thought they were with the President and a majority of the Nation doing God's work.
    But they were just fooled again, yyyeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh.

mdrowe00, Hakeemtheking and jiggyfly like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

20. NewRoxFan

The story just keeps on getting worse...