1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The police are funded almost entirely at the local level. Federal funding of police is a way for the Federal government to insert themselves into local government. Cops know where their paycheck comes from. Try asking any cop who they vote for and why.
    Some of them. Those of the anarchist variety sure would. I would say most libertarians believe there is a place for law enforcement, and that place is enforcing laws against hurting people and taking their stuff. Libertarians love the protection of the person and private property, we are against the government interfering in our lives when we aren't doing those things.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Again, if you believe $10.877 billion in mandatory funding over five years for the COPS program to recruit, train, and hire 100,000 additional police officers is defunding police I disagree.

If you think It's not defunding when the Republican House Majority wants to reverse years of increased police funding by slashing spending for essential law enforcement and public safety programs by at least 22 percent then we see things much differently. Then again, I already knew that because you thought Derek Chauvin slowly choking a man to death was justified. Then again, I thought it was you who didn't think those cop beating, death threat yelling Trump MAGA insurrectionists carried any weapons, weren't violent, and sided with them.

Here's what the MAGA House Republican 22% defending will do.....

In addition to forcing the loss of hundreds of local police officers, such cuts would eliminate thousands of Federal prosecutors and FBI agents and analysts working to combat everything from gun violence to organized crime to domestic and international terrorism. The proposal would also gut efforts to address the opioid crisis, combat violence against women, and prevent juvenile delinquency.

These drastic proposed cuts would:

Make our border less safe. Over 45,800 aircraft hours and 11,400 boat hours executed by Customs and Border Protection’s Air and Marine Operations could be cut, a 56 percent reduction in operational capability, and our ability to secure the border and combat drug trafficking would be undermined, allowing into our country more than 154,000 pounds of cocaine, 850 pounds of fentanyl, 1,900 pounds of heroin, and 17,000 pounds of methamphetamine.
    Defund the police and make communities less safe.

The House Republican proposal would cut federal support to 60 local law enforcement agencies, fund 300 to 400 fewer local law enforcement positions, decrease FBI personnel by approximately 11,000 people, and freeze hiring at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. That will mean 190 agents, 130 Industry Operations Investigators, and 180 technical and support staff would be lost to attrition, and ATF’s entire workforce of over 5,000 personnel would have to take 36 furlough days.
    Jeopardize rail and air safety.

Following the catastrophic derailments in eastern Ohio and West Virginia, rail safety jobs would be dramatically reduced, with 11,000 fewer safety inspection days, and 30,000 fewer miles of track inspected annually.

Despite projected passenger volume increases of 9.2 percent within a two-year span, there would be reductions in the number of Transportation Security Officers and maintenance of transportation security equipment which would cause average passenger wait times to increase by 300 percent at TSA security check points, and at larger airports, wait times could exceed two hours.

Then there's the whole loose gun laws by Republicans. Police also opposed permitless carry. They know that with loose gun laws their lives are more at risk.

In 2021, Texas passed permitless carry, a law that allows anyone to carry a firearm in public without a license, background check, or training. However, police agency groups and individuals opposed this bill.

The Texas Police Chiefs Association said the bill posed a threat to all law enforcement agencies and the public in general.

#9422 deb4rockets, Mar 4, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

In the Jewish Dentist thread you stated that there are too many laws and so many laws shouldn’t be enforced. If the amount of laws are greatly reduced and /or not enforced wouldn’t that mean we don’t need to spend as much money on police?

4. Commodore

Commodore Member

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Trump is a rapist who tried to subvert democracy. He should go to jail wherever

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Crying about jury pools because of location is pure cry-baby tactics. A jury is a jury. I get that places have different demographics, but both sides still get to present their evidence.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

To some extent. There wouldn't need to be so much time and money spent on enforcement of narcotics and gun possession. Mostly the police would be refocused on crimes of violence and property crime, but there could be an overall reduction as laws come off the books. I know the agencies I work with have to spend a lot of time on drug and gun possession cases. They don't spend a lot of time on licensing cases, zoning cases, environmental regulation cases, etc. so eliminating those kinds of laws would not really affect policing. Getting rid of something like hate crime laws would have no effect on policing, because solving the underlying crime would be no different just because there was no additional punishment based on the motivation.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

A delusional one at that. Even today, he is still trying to tell his dumbass cult believers that he won the election.

"How many times is FoxNews going to put on RINO Bush apologist Marc Thiessen. He was wrong about me in 2016, and in 2020 I got more votes than any sitting President in history, but the Election was RIGGED. My record on Endorsements is unmatched by anyone, EVER! Put on people who understand what is going on in politics…And while you’re at it, GET RID OF KARL ROVE!!!"

The guy is a sociopath. Plain and simple truth.
    The funniest part to me is him telling anyone to put on people who understand what is going on in politics. I think he meant to say, "Put on people who will spread my propaganda and lies like you usually do."

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Member

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

More people are quickly getting in line...

No Worries, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Every few weeks the magas come up with some new lie about January 6 insurrection...

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Now large marge repeats the same trump maga lie reported by the thefederalist (by proven liar sean davis) disinformation site

Again, this was disproven years ago...

ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

LOL... looks like the maga house investigation of the January 6 Subcommittee was about as successful as the maga house investigation into the Bidens...

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Commodore

Commodore Member

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not really an important part of her testimony, but we should be honest and accurate. Cassidy Hurchens never claimed it happened. She said she was told it happened. This doesn't contradict her testimony in any way.

Sad, pitiful, and dishonest tweet and post.

17. Commodore

Commodore Member

[​IMG]

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Doesn't change or discount her testimony.

She was witness to various aspects of the day and the lead up. The incident in the beast was something she was told about. She testified to what she was told of the incident. She never claimed she witnessed or knew it to be true.

It doesn't surprise me that the media pounced on the sensationlist story and ignored the more incriminating parts that she did actually witness.

Her testimony isn't contradicted by anything in this recent story.

For one of the folks that bemoans the state of media, you seem to rely heavily on the media for your takes and information rather than her actual testimony.

Xopher and No Worries like this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Member

she lied about hearing it from someone else as well

“In [President Trump Deputy chief of Staff Tony] Ornato’s November 29, 2022, transcribed interview, he directly refuted [Cassidy] Hutchinson’s testimony that she allegedly heard the story about what happened in the Beast. Ornato testified that the first time he had ever heard the story Hutchinson claims Ornato told her on January 6, was during Hutchinson’s public testimony.”

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Ornato made the claim. He was asked to come in and testify under oath about it but backed down.

https://www.salon.com/2022/07/25/se...-testimony-lawyer-up-refuse-to-testify-panel/

#9440 FranchiseBlade, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    Invisible Fan and No Worries like this.