1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As if she and the MAGAS care about facts. LOL

mdrowe00, No Worries and VooDooPope like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

The left knows they can’t beat Trump? Lol, in what world? Trump is an easy dub

ROCKSS and VooDooPope like this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Unhinged, and still lying about being indicted over nothing.

I mean, the whole fake electors story is fake news! I am being indicted over nothing! I can tell the country I won, even if everyone told me it was there was no proof of fraud. No way I lost to Sleepy Joe. Everybody loves me. Nobody actually hung Mike Pence when I blamed him. I saw the suitcase video. I know my attorney generals said that story wasn't what I thought it was, but my supporters believed it too. This is Election Interference! Every one of my colleagues are lying. I am innocent. This is a political attack.

It has just been reported that aides to TRUMP prosecutor, Deranged Jack Smith, met with high officials at the White House just prior to these political SleazeBags Indicating me OVER NOTHING," Trump wrote on his social media platform Truth Social Monday.

"If this is so, which it is, that means that Biden and his Fascist Thugs knew and APPROVED of this Country dividing Form of Election Interference, despite their insisting that they 'knew nothing,'" Trump added.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Haha

Salvy likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Remind me... wasn't one of the conditions of trump's bail that he doesn't do this? Maybe a night or two in the pokey would slow his social media roll... btw, can you appeal a trial date?

ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

I guess the answer is "no, you can't appeal a trial date."

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Looks to me like he's blatantly going against his bail conditions. Jack should tell Trump that this is the year Christmas will be stolen from the Grinch, and he can spend it behind bars.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

mdrowe00, gifford1967, ROCKSS and 3 others like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I bet Melania will gladly let you take her place for Donald's conjugal visits Rafael.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

fox news continues to spew such blatant and disproven lies... and ignores that (1) two republicans were on the committee, one of the two providing the link to the evidence, and (2) other republicans could have been on the committee but refused.

12. NewRoxFan

13. Rashmon

Just a bit of perspective on how these peaceful tourists have been rewarded for their patriotic insurrection...

An overview of the cases so far
    • Number of people charged, federal: 1,116
    • Number of people who have pleaded guilty: 645
    • Number of individuals who have had jury, bench, or stipulated bench trials: 135
    • The number with mixed verdicts: 41
    • The number convicted on all charges: 92
    • The number acquitted on all charges: 2
    • Number of people sentenced: 602
    • The percentage of people sentenced who have received prison time: 64
    • The median sentence for those who received prison time, in days: 120
    • The number of cases dismissed: 6 federal
    DOJ Capitol Breach Cases

68 Page Table of Incarceration & Probation for Insurrectionist Patriots

#8553 Rashmon, Aug 29, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Meanwhile, their leader plays golf, flies around in his big Trump plane, and collects millions from his fan club.

#8554 deb4rockets, Aug 29, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just remember @basso who isn't a Trump supporter seems to believe the insurrectionists who swore under oath they would have killed Mike Pence perjured themselves to somehow make their case go harsher on themselves. Some people just make up their own minds and don't bother with the evidence

JeeberD, krnxsnoopy, Amiga and 4 others like this.
  16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fifty.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's the only reason Fox News hasn't gone bankrupt. They have millions of people who believe their lies and propaganda, and are too lazy to fact check the stories. The sad part is that they don't even care who gets hurt by it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

w/o Fox News, what would you have?

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What? That would make sense(kind of) if that was what I had actually typed. You edited my response to make your own "clever" comment. It kind of defeats your purpose.

20. Rashmon

This thread should stay on the first page till all these ****ers have been adjudicated...

Proud Boys could get record sentences this week in Jan. 6 case
    WASHINGTON — The former leader of the Proud Boys could face the longest prison sentence of any Jan. 6 defendant when a federal judge hands down punishments for members of the far-right group convicted of seditious conspiracy charges related to the Capitol attack.

Sentencing was set to move forward this week after U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly oversaw an all-day hearing Tuesday in the Proud Boys case that included the reading of victim impact statements. But Wednesday's first sentencings were postponed because Kelly is sick, a spokesperson for the U.S. Marshals Service told NBC News.

All five defendants, who are in jail while they await sentencing, were in court Tuesday wearing orange prison jumpsuits.

Prosecutors are seeking 33 years in federal prison for Enrique Tarrio, the former leader, who was originally scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday morning. Ethan Nordean was to be sentenced Wednesday afternoon, with prosecutors seeking a 27-year prison sentence.

Rescheduling logistics are currently being worked out, a court spokesperson said. Tarrio will now be sentenced on Sept. 5 at 2 p.m. and Nordean's is set for Sept. 1 at 2 p.m.

Joe Biggs — whom prosecutors want to spend 33 years behind bars — was scheduled to have his sentencing hearing on Thursday along with Zach Rehl, whom the Justice Department wants to serve 30 years in prison.

Dominic Pezzola — the only Proud Boy convicted in the case who was not found guilty of the rare seditious conspiracy charge — was to be sentenced Friday. Prosecutors are seeking 20 years in prison.

Jurors reached verdicts in the Proud Boys case in May after a four-month trial that began with jury selection in December. Other members of the Oath Keepers have also been found guilty of seditious conspiracy, with founder Stewart Rhodes sentenced in May to 18 years in federal prison — the longest to date of any Jan. 6 defendant.

Five Proud Boys members to be sentenced for Jan. 6 riots
    Aug. 29, 202302:24
    At Tuesday's hearing, the defendants heard victim impact statements from three current and former members of the U.S. Capitol Police who fought rioters on Jan. 6, 2021, and testified at the defendants’ monthslong trial.

U.S. Capitol Police Officer Shae Cooney delivered an emotional statement, saying through tears that it was one of the first times she had discussed the fear and pain she experienced during the riot. She also alluded to the death of “a friend” — Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who collapsed after having fought rioters and died the next day.

“Every day we have to be reminded that he’s not here anymore because the people in this courtroom decided that they weren’t happy with how an election went,” Cooney said. “And they thought the best idea was to break into the Capitol, fight police officers and try to overturn an election.”

Capitol Police Inspector Thomas Lloyd, a frequent witness during Jan. 6 trials, expressed his pride in the officers he commanded during the riot.

“Despite the tremendous beating my personnel took on Jan. 6, all those who could walk showed up to work the next day,” he said at Tuesday's hearing. “Once again, I could not be prouder.”

A third victim, former Capitol Police Officer Marc Ode, could not attend in person but sent a letter for prosecutors to read on his behalf.

He wrote that Jan. 6 was a “planned and organized attempt to overthrow our constitutional process by individuals who determined that their opinion of the few were superior to our constitution and decided to use violence and terror to impose their will.”