1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure most of society will still see the rioters as guilty and even with a pardon it is still acknowledged that they were found guilty. I just think if Trump wins the election he's not going to care too much about the convicted rioters unless they can benefit him directly. If you look at the people he did pardon, other than a couple of people who actually were wrongfully convicted, most were people like Roger Stone who had been helpful and are helpful again to Trump.

ROCKSS and JuanValdez like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes DeSantis will make a political calculation but if he were to win it would be his win and not Trump's so I don't feel he will owe it to the Trump base. My own view of DeSantis, and this is very speculative, is that while he engages in stunts and panders he still understands and respects the rule of law. These people clearly broke the law and were legitimately convicted. I don't think he will see much beneftit to pardoning them.

Agree.

No Worries likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he needed to use those white collar criminals to help him plot and plan the steal, and attempted coup, because he knew he had a big chance of losing. Trump can't accept defeat. It's not in his blood.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

DeSantis has done illegal **** and appears to give zero ****s about it. Sending legal immigrants on all expense paid plane trip to vacation hot spot Martha's Vineyard is one example. Firing the person updating the state's covid stats website is another. Firing an elected state attorney is yet another.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Oath Keeper seditious conspiracy trial begins in Washington

The seditious conspiracy trial of Oath Keeper ringleader Elmer Stewart Rhodes, and four of his Oath Keeper brethren, begins with jury selection in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday.
    Of all the charges brought in the Justice Department’s expansive criminal investigation into the Jan. 6 attack at the U.S. Capitol, these are the most serious.

Rhodes, a resident of Granbury, Texas, will face jurors alongside co-defendants Thomas Caldwell, Kenneth Harrelson, Kelly Meggs, and Jessica Watkins. U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta, an appointee of former President Barack Obama, will preside.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

enjoy your moldy white bread and government cheese, and as always, don’t drop the soap

ROCKSS, FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I seem to be in the odd position of defending DeSantis today.

Those were unethical things to do and a waste of FL resources to fly migrants across country but I'm not sure they are illegal. I think DeSantis is smart enough to know that if he did fly actual illegal immigrants that would be abetting a crime. It sounds like he, or at least one of his close aides, were aware they were asylum seekers in the country legally at that point.

A governor certainly has the power to fire people in his administration. I don't understand the ins and outs of if a governor can fire a DA and it sounds like that is still being determined in court.

My main point is DeSantis isn't Trump. He's smarter and knows the law much more. Depending on the issue that could make him more dangerous than Trump but I don't think we can just presume DeSantis will act in a way just because Trump's supporters might.

dmoneybangbang and No Worries like this.
  9. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Umm.. weren’t the asylum seekers lured into the plane under false pretenses and then taken to a place that they didn’t agree to go to, and then left to fend for themselves? How is that not kidnapping?

jiggyfly, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Judge ABG for the win!

I think he should get more than 86 months, but oh well

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It very well could be and that's what the investigation in Bexar county is looking into. At the moment though this isn't being considered criminal. Sh^tty yes and abuse of state resources. My guess though is the civil lawsuit isn't guaranteed to succeed but it has a much better chance of success than criminally charging DeSantis.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

McConnell hates Trump and since Trump isn't there to get him new judges I think he's fine with supporting this if it makes it harder for Trump to return to power.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Let's take the legality of the issue out of the equation.

He used Florida budget money, specifically ear marked to remove unauthorized immigrants from Florida.

Now let's even assume based on whatever definition you choose to use, the immigrants were unauthorized.

HE MOVED THEM FROM TEXAS. There is zero wiggle room in that one fact.

FranchiseBlade and havoc1 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

the mindless drones and their scum family showing fake remorse

jiggyfly, ROCKSS and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Needed to put on an act to appeal to the judge to have compassion and not give a harsh sentence.

Quite sad to see what these MAGA animals did to the poor police officer.

20 years of service just to get dragged down the Capitol stairs and beat up so bad man had a heart attack.

Man got beat up by his own countrymen over a lie.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I guess they’re not enjoying their mystery meatloaf and untoasted white bread with government cheese?

No Worries likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wow.

Welcome to the American prison-industrial complex, ****heads.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS and Reeko like this.
  20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I find this quite funny, I am sure most of these "patriots" have never been to jail for any length of time but this is jail and its not supposed to be nice, you were charged with inciting an insurrection, this is the price you pay when you listen to your cult leader. When I was in my 20`s I spent about 8 hours in jail over an unpaid speeding ticket and it was the worst 8 hours in my life, I am sure its not great and the conditions are horrible, but that's what you signed up for and you also are the party of charging criminals with no compassion.................so you get no compassion from me. Spoiler alert.....jail sucks, I cant even fathom what prison will be like for some of them

jiggyfly and Reeko like this.