1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No. But I have read about it.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where have you read about it? I have been searching but haven't seen anything contradicting any of Central points of evidence listed.

Can you provide links.

If you've read about it, I'll ask you the same questions I posed earlier.

Why aren't you talking about the evidence that shows Trump was told repeatedly that he fairly lost the election, yet he still wanted to seize voting machines?

Why aren't you talking about the evidence that shows Trump urged Department of Justice to just declare fraud even though he and the DOJ knew that was false so that he and Republican congressmen would take it from there?

Why aren't you talking about the evidence showing that groups that breached the capitol planned it in advance and stationed people there ahead of time?

Why aren't you talking about the evidence that shows that when the DOJ refused to declare the election was a fraud, Trump sought to replace the AG yet again?

Why aren't you talking the evidence that Trump and his team wanted to send alternate Trump delegates in order to disallow the lawful electors even though Trump and his team knew it was illegal and that they had lost?

Why aren't you talking about the evidence from multiple witnesses that shows when told Pence's life was in danger Trump said Mike deserves it?

Why aren't you talking about the evidence that shows even though Trump knew the mob was armed but wanted to make sure they could they could get to the capitol and told them "You're never going to take back your country with weakness"?

VooDooPope, TheJuice and dobro1229 like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the smoking gun

dobro1229 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Keith Olbermann is convinced

rocketsjudoka and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Whatever it takes to move on from the distraction. Bad move from the committee to go there... Maybe. It certainly got additional attention and might get more people to pay attention and actually catch something substantive.

Maybe it's a draw but not to my taste.

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

oooh, care to share where ur reading from? Truth social maybe? The Insurrectionist Post? Better not watch Brett baier on Fox…he is being pretty damn objecting over there.

how did you conclude that the J6 committee “**** the bed” without watching the hearings? Pray tell.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looking at cartoons is not "reading" bud.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Ann Althouse comments on how the "surprise witness" took a page out of the Orange Man playbook:

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/07/everything-hair-makeup-jewelry-wardrobe.html

excerpt:

I'm laughing at the happenstance of seeing "surprise" again so soon after going on about the tedium of surprise. But I'm blogging this piece because I'd blogged, just yesterday, about Cassidy Hutchinson's makeup: She seems to be wearing dark foundation on her face that doesn't match her skin tone. I'm saying that based on the light pink color of her hand, which we keep seeing held up next to her face, because that's the appropriately evocative taking-the-oath position.

But the Times writer, Garelick, is eager to extol the neutrality of Cassidy's look. It bolsters her credibility, and that's why it's the longstanding and obvious advice given to witnesses. But come on. I have a problem with Garelick's credibility. She describes the foundation as "what appeared to be light bronzer." But the photograph accompanying that text makes my point quite clearly:

[​IMG]

I don't know what women hope to achieve by slathering on nonmatching foundation. Are they influenced by the bad makeup they see in social media? Well, Trump does the same thing!

[​IMG]

Part of the problem is just not bothering to put makeup on one's hands and only caring about the face (and maybe the neck). So the hands are there to tell the tale. The real question is why do people think their face needs to be a different color? Is it a fear of looking "washed out" or sickly or weak (indoorsy)?
    more at the link and also at this one:

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/07/is-it-wrong-to-confront-witnesses.html

#6088 Os Trigonum, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The walls are closing in. With a crystal clear video like that, they have surely got him this time. :rolleyes:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think you accidentally posted the same link twice.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

thanks, will change it

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Does it matter though if one person looks attractive wearing makeup while the other looks like an insecure deranged clown??

of course I’m referring to Hutchinson as the insecure clown

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I said I don't think I would've included that part of Hutchinson's testimony since it was her relating something she heard second hand. That said if those pics Olberman tweeted can be verified that would lend a lot of credence to that testimony.

Either way unless Ornato is willing to testify under oath that he didn't actually tell her that story none of this really changes the rest of Hutchinson's testimony.

14. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Here’s a tip, When everyone is looking at you like you farted, check your shorts. Blaming others won’t make the smell go away.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Probably best to wait for his testimony confirming or denying what she said. I don’t see much upside for her lying about this under oath. Seems unlikely.

TheJuice and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So he claims she lied even though nobody has contradicted that Cipollone was there. He's making the claim that it was a lie based on the fact he hasn't found other reports of it. What an idiot!

TheJuice, Blatz and mdrowe00 like this.
  18. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Just accept its a massive conspiracy out to get the working man*

*a millionaire from NY who eats his steak well-done, doesnt like dogs, and has never worked a day in his life

FranchiseBlade and Blatz like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/07/numerous-people-close-to-committees.html

excerpt:

I don't care whether "Trump was furious at being barred from proceeding to the Capitol." There's got to be more about what he believed would happen there. I'm stuck on the idea that what he wanted was a huge, attention-getting protest against resolving the election without more inquiry into whether the vote counts were accurate. If he had joined the crowd it would have been a stunning sight. But he didn't get his way. It was too dangerous. That he thought he could do it seems to be evidence that he was NOT picturing a violent scene. So what if he was "furious" that he didn't get to do his gigantic, historic photo-op?
    more

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Well... he was quoted as saying this:

"Trump said: “I don’t ****ing care that they have weapons, they’re not here to hurt me. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the ****ing mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here, let the people in and take the mags away.”