1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just keep telling yourself this bullshit.

ETA

Let's examine some of the folks in Congress that agree with you

Gaetz
    MTG
    Boebert
    Gohmert
    Cawthorn

Notice a pattern?

#5201 bobrek, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was Commodore's phrase, not mine. One could use the less specific term "show trial" and convey the same idea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_trial

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you buy into the election fraud claims?

No?

Then can you blame Democrats for desiring to not want 35+% of the American electorate to believe that our voting system is fake news? Because I heard that can have severe consequences for a nation's democratic process?

Like ya you are right, this hearing won't move the needle for those who still believe in the election fraud claims. But what choice do these people have?

Do you have a alternate method?

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

now you're going off on a tangent that I am not addressing, so I will bow out of my exchange with you

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Are you under the belief that elections are held at rallies? Explains a lot.

For the next "election", I suggest you only attend rallies. The polls themselves, I heard, are sponsored by CNN so I discourage you from ever going to one of those places.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Whatever happened to the MAGA Bomber? Is he still enjoying his prison stay? Seems like some of the usual were thinking it was nothing serious or fake because no one was killed and all he was doing was mailing out unexploding pipe bombs. tunes change I guess

7. fchowd0311

I understand. But what Congressional hearing isn't a show trial?

8. Blatz

I'm not sure if I'm not understanding your post or if you are not understanding my post. I think you might not be understanding my post. Just in case I wasn't clear I am not a member of the trump cult and that was me talking to a tump cult member of the 4th degree

krosfyah likes this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Typical...

jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

the ones on C-SPAN

11. Blatz

I feel dirty now like I have a red "T" on my forehead from a misunderstanding

krosfyah likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

spoke too soon

Inside the Capitol Cops’ Jan. 6 Blame Game
    New documents and whistleblower claims describe critical intelligence failures ahead of the insurrection

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ol-police-donald-trump-whistleblower-1362726/

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Can you provide sources for your claims?

You say "case closed" but we have actual cases and they generally don't support your conspiracy. Care to elaborate?

VooDooPope and Blatz like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I wish the wingers would quit being disingenuous. Just admit that you prefer fascism to democracy and we can really have a discussion. Stop with the subterfuge.

17. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Not only this, but the vote is never counted in one day. Large cities take longer to count and large cities vote overwhelmingly Democrat. And of course Republican state legislatures purposely make less polling places in cities so they get backed up even more. We have also gone over this several times in the forum, but the usual suspects remain willfully ignorant.

18. SuraGotMadHops

Of all the bogus and weird attributes of libtards, claims of fascism tickle me the most. These are supporters of the party that control almost all media- written, television, and social, censors arguments that oppose their viewpoint on the basis of "fact checking", cancels people that speak out, and spends time unwinding common truths as simple as what is a man and a woman.

I know I am doing good work when 8-10 of you yackos all try to attack me at once. Good luck with your "insurrection" hearing. Bahahahah

MojoMan likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Great post! Completely right on the money.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Lol. The Weimar Republic was Germany controlled by a neo-liberal government where most of the mainstream media sources where moderate liberals. Berlin, the capital of the Weimar Republic literally was one of if not the most progressive cities on the planet and a hot bed for lgbt activism and other egalitarian ideas.

Yet Hitler and the Nazis happened still. I would suggest you actually pick up some intellectual curiosity and figure out how that happened.

VooDooPope likes this.