1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean...it's pretty clear and obvious he tried to overturn democracy, been clear ever since we had him on tape talking with Kemp.

Cheney had a great line about one day Trump being gone and then the stink of him will be on all of his supporters. Just like Bush you won't find anyone that will proudly say they voted for him 10 years from now. More and more information about this election will come out and one day I'm sure it'll get its share of biopics and what not. I know staunch GOP/Trump supporters are gone, they are lost, Trump could set up concentration camps and they'd willingly go along with it at this point, but hopefully the moderates in the country will make sure that Trump never gets power ever again.

But it has been super clear since that phone call for me, to hear how much of it was planned or designed doesn't surprise me one bit.

mtbrays, Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This should be a bigger event.

Shame Right Wing Media has gone radio silent over this.

Censorship no bueno.

/Deeply Concerned Bridge Dweller

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

More relevant is that Trump's inner circle knew Trump lost and so did he.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised by Liz Cheney. Her father was insane. I've disagreed with many of her policy positions. But she is willing to go against her party and political well-being to stand on principle.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure Pelosi was aware of the different meetings ahead of time, and certainly not privy to the inner workings of Trump and his closest confidants.

The real question is why didn't Trump call for re-enforcements. And why did he back his supporters chanting "Hang Mike Pence"?

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody dropped the ball. They admitted there was plenty of intel that protests were going to happen.

7. dmoneybangbang

Yea... Trump and his duty to the country.

So are you suggesting the Dems setup the Republicans by letting them storm the capital over election lies?

8. dmoneybangbang

Timeline of video aired by the committee

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No, I am saying someone should have locked the building down. Trump was still prez so it was probably his responsibility and I read conflicting reports about whether he requested the national guard.

10. dmoneybangbang

The insurrectionists were very determined and quickly overwhelmed police. I'm sure things should have been done in hindsight but lets not dismiss the lies and misinformation that caused this.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Noted communist Liz Cheney

subtomic and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No, but he did say the Capitol needed hardened doors

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That article is outdated and horsesh**, sorry.
    The examples of free speech in China, UdSSR and Qatar are of no significance in actual free speech and there's an overwhelming abundance of modern cases where ppl get jailed, executed or politically crucified for free speech that even remotely goes against government philosophy or what is deemed uncomfortable.

Not sure you even ever looked up the ramifications of going against the governments in those countries or having the wrong sentiments (homosexuality, a certain political belief, sharing information online).

Andre0087 likes this.
  14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I voted for Bush over Gore and Kerry.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

I voted for him back then, but now not proudly.

Andre0087 and JayGoogle like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trump deserves to be in jail.

At the very least, he should never be allowed to run again.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...pence-deserves-trump-jan-6-committee-1365784/

Trump Told Staff Mike Pence ‘Deserved’ To Be Hanged During Capitol Attack: Jan. 6 Committee
    The former president also told staff that his supporters were “doing what they should be doing” as they stormed the Capitol, the panel revealed on Thursday

While a violent mob attacked the Capitol, equipped with a gallows for his vice president, President Donald Trump endorsed the crowd’s chants of “Hang Mike Pence” when speaking to his advisors, according to the Jan. 6 committee.

“Maybe our supporters have the right idea,” Trump said, according to committee Vice Chair Rep. Liz Cheney. “Mike Pence deserves it.”

(more at the link)

Rashmon, glynch, Andre0087 and 5 others like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Crazy that Pence saying "I'm not getting in that car", as Trump is trying to get him out of the way for "security and safety" reasons, is one of the cornerstone moments in saving modern US democracy. For now.

mtbrays and Ubiquitin like this.
  18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I hear that Biden is senile … and … and … there is a crisis at the southern border.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It does feel like the Republican party needs some kind of cleansing/reform, and sadly, it also feels like that healing can only really happen after Trump has passed away or is brought to justice.

People like MTG, Gaetz and also Cruz are worse than just distasteful.

20. Buck Turgidson

You forgot one.