1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

But her emails!!!

B-Bob and IBTL like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

VooDooPope likes this.
  3. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They were PERFECT calls, PERFECT correspondence.

****ing crook, just arrest his ass already.

DD

VooDooPope and deb4rockets like this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

They won't do anything. It's wild

B-Bob likes this.
  6. dobro1229

Only thing I can think of is a deal was made behind closed doors or something. You’ll not run for president and the AG will not indict you or your family. Fund raise all you want. Field whatever candidates you want who swear fealty. Just stay out of the race.

At this point Garland is looking like an accomplice. Just openly letting someone publicly humiliate our laws in plain sight is beyond negligence. There’s a reason why crime is up. Americans know our system is messed up and people just don’t care anymore.

subtomic, T_Man, VooDooPope and 2 others like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It has been an eye opening experience.

I think you have said it before and I assume Biden and the mindset of stability have basically said not to prosecute and we are indeed setting a precedent of the president having some sort of life long monarch type arrangement where they cannot ever be prosecuted. It was there before now it's cemented. The expectation is there won't be anyone as bad as orange later anyway and chances are they are right.

After a nut stain dress biden is aware he could easily be put in jail next and the republicans have shown they would chase any chance or charge no matter what..so the choice is to basically hope orange just shuts up and goes away. The 'agreement' to keep Facebook and Twitter out of his reach helps haha

I do think it has set a precedent as well in society that bad behavior is ok or can be talked out of. This 'me first' stuff coming to roost.. orange not the one to invent it only to push it's edges and be the poster child.
    Pretty remarkable still to get away with it all. And the safe assumption is he will!!

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is that saying "When you strike at the King, you must kill the King".

These are not simple cases with a lot of complexities of law. I can understand why Garland might be loathe to aggressively prosecute and want to make sure that if he does prosecute Trump it is as air tight a case as possible.

Also given how divided our country is just the prosecution of Trump will likely lead to more Jan. 6th type violence. Even worse if Trump is acquitted in criminal court would be disastrous politically.

dobro1229, IBTL and Blatz like this.
  9. dobro1229

Yeah I said it before that our system of justice relies on a judge being able to have a trial with 12 unbiased jurors. This reality of the rules is why no prosecutor wants to touch Trump. Prosecutors are incentivized to stay away from figures like Trump.

But I do think this one is so blatant that there must be more to the eye. Garland has to know at this point he looks complicit and Trump just doing this out in the open will destroy what little faith we have in our justice system.

What Comey said yesterday was no accident. I’m sure he knows Garland well and he knows his reputation sucks anyways. Biden pardoning Trump just is an easy out for the DOJ and FBI. It would allow everyone involved to go home knowing they won’t be targeted by the mob and have their lives destroyed like Stroyk or Lisa Page. It also gives cover for Garland looking the other way this whole time so they don’t look complicit like they do now.

If Biden pardons him I don’t know if it makes the situation worse or better but I know there’s a lot of people at the DOJ and FBI that I’m sure are lobbying hard for him to do it for them. Cowards but I get it to an extent. People like Comey though are only thinking about getting the DOJ out of this immediate situation when they really should be focused on preserving our democracy. Lord knows Congress isn’t going to step up and do sh&t. The Republicans in Congress already torched the mechanism that was there designed to protect the next president from having to have his executive branch DOJ be put in this situation. None of this would be an issue had a few more Republicans had the guts to vote to remove his ability to run again during impeachment.

Could Pelosi impeach him a 3rd time if this report is that bad and the DOJ still is sitting on their hands and knees?? She might have to.

#4769 dobro1229, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    FranchiseBlade and IBTL like this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The only problem with this that one would have to take the word of Donald J Trump.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's certainly possible that the Biden Admin. is loathe to prosecute a former sitting president. I have a hard time buying they made some sort of deal with Trump. I seriously doubt there is a pardon deal.

Biden's made relatively few comments about Trump while he's been president. He did give one pretty forceful speech but other than that little. I think it's pretty clear for him he wants to move on from the previous Presidency and has a lot on his plate to deal with already. Garland is clearly in the mold of Mueller and both are very cautious about how they proceed and don't want to make any charges or even official statements that they can't back up overwhelmingly. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing versus prosecutors who have rushed ahead only to lose when their case isn't as complete or strong as seemed at first.

In the case of Trump regarding Federal crimes I think caution is very warranted as some of those cases are very complicated. I think the strongest charges the ones the SDNY and state charges are looking at. For those Garland isn't playing much of a role.

I will say what I said again during impeachment. Whether Trump is ultimately convicted or not it's still important for history to know what happened during his Presidency.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't vouch for this interpretation of reality. just thought it was a pretty interesting take. your mileage may vary.

With Zucker Out At CNN, Jan. 6 Committee Hardest Hit

https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/08/with-zucker-out-at-cnn-jan-6-committee-hardest-hit/

excerpt:

In the aftermath of Zucker’s fallout, the L.A. Times published a story on CNN staff in the Washington bureau grilling WarnerMedia Chief Executive Jason Kilar over Zucker’s abrupt departure. Among them was Jamie Gangel.

‘I think we’ve heard a lot of corporate double talk,’ she said. ‘I think the company has made a terrible mistake by doing this.’

Gangel said she received calls from four members of the congressional committee investigation the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol ‘who felt devastated for our democracy’ now that Zucker has exited CNN.

Because every move opposed by the principal leaders of the Jan. 6 Committee is devastating “for our democracy.”

“I do not think you have any appreciation for what you’ve done to this organization,” Gangel reportedly told Kilar.

Zucker’s absence, of course, is likely to interrupt investigators on Jan. 6 Committee who’ve relied on the network’s left-wing activism to serve as the public arm for the weaponized probe. CNN has become the go-to outlet for committee leaks while offering a platform for its panel members to stoke its latest conspiracies about the Capitol riot on air.

. . . The Jan. 6 Committee might need to find a new PR firm.

more at the link

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

We could only hope but Teflon Don thinks he's above the law because he's never been held accountable.

Andre0087 likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can understand the reluctance to charge the likely Republican candidate for 2024. It'd make you look like you're trying to eliminate your political opponents and silence the opposition. Only a sociopath like Trump wants to be the guy who stood in the way of free and fair elections. But I wonder if all that hesitancy evaporates if/when Trump loses in 2024. If he loses again, he won't really be able to hold onto he leadership of the Republican party, won't be the 2028 candidate, and there may be little political complication to prosecuting.

IBTL likes this.
  15. dobro1229

Nobody gives a sh$t about what the Federalist Society has to say about a F-ing thing. They already have the majority of the Supreme Court of the United States in order to force their opinions down our throats.

Also this opinion is so freaking stupid. CNN/Zucker have nothing to do with the Jan 6th Committee. You want to dunk on CNN??... fine go ahead, but at least spend 2 seconds to think of something a bit more compelling that actually... you know... makes some sense.

Lastly... your troll game lately blows.

jo mama, VooDooPope and Andre0087 like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and yet here you are responding, with energy. The lady doth protest too much, methinks

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There is a big difference between the Federalist Society and the federalist web site (on-line magazine). The society is a right-wing organization that has (way too much) influence on judge selections.

But the federalist web site is a right wing disinformation site. At one point they were trying to get roy moore elected and defended his past history of dating young girls.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...lowback-after-defending-moore-dating-teens-to

They publish misinformation about COVID-19 and about the election. Basically another infowars.

VooDooPope, B-Bob and dobro1229 like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

that's a bit harsh. you don't like what they write, disagree with it. but don't jump on the "disinformation" bandwagon just to smear them and run them off

it's important to read multiple points of view

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean what else do you call it when they believe removing Sucker magically makes CNN not cover the Jan 6th committee?

Like wtf logic are they even using there? I'm sorry but that article doesn't make any sense even for Federalist standards.

There is no "fake news" here as it's merely an opinion piece that makes absurd extrapolations.

Anyways, I don't understand why you spam these opinion pieces as if these opinions have some magical clout. You type better than most of these opinion articles anyways. Just type out your own opinion in your own words. It's not like you are posting journalism pieces that provide new information.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol. it's like Briggs says about "disinformation":

https://wmbriggs.com/post/38995/

Update: Joe Rogan Flap Proves That If There Is Dis- and Misinformation, There Must Be A Ministry Of Truth
    BY BRIGGS ON FEBRUARY 7, 2022 • ( 14 COMMENTS )
    Update Don’t miss update below, which confirms everything in this post.

Let’s today emphasize the rather obvious point that if there is such a thing as official disinformation and misinformation, then there must a Ministry of Truth to define “the truth”, such that departures from “the truth” are officially error, falsehood, disinformation or misinformation.

There does not have to be an actual minister in a fixed office, though that helps. But there still must exist a list of “truths” held by a government or regime, and known to be held by them. The list is allowed to be in flux: what was officially “false” yesterday can be officially “true” today, and vice versa.

The information insisted upon by the regime must be of a special nature, too. It is only that information that the regime uses to justify policies, especially “solutions”, that becomes official “truth”.

For instance, there are a large number of people who believe the earth is flat. I don’t mean the comedians at the Flat Earth Society, but internet randos who are sincere in thinking the earth is a disc, and who are convinced the government knows this and is hiding it for some reason.

There are podcasts, websites, and social media posts galore on this topic. Yet the government and the oligarchs never move to quash this movement. There are no denouncements or speeches about mis- or disinformation. The flat earthers are allowed their strange belief—and nobody in power cares.

Because, of course, there is no consequence to elites if some believe the earth is flat. No government or oligarchic “solution” is opposed. There is no political friction. Even regime scientists ignore the topic.

What topics don’t they ignore? Again, just those that might lead the people to question “solutions.” “Solutions” for the global cooling, a.k.a. global warming, a.k.a. climate change, “solutions” for Russia, “solutions” for the coronadoom.

Take coronadoom. The regime truth ministers, typified in the form of a died-hair red head, demanded Spotify censor Joe Rogan, who had on at least two people who questioned various aspects of the coronadoom panic. These questions walked into “solutions” territory, and therefore the questions became official mis- and disinformation.

Older readers will recall when science progressed by open argument over facts and which evidence counted in discovering the cause of things. Mistakes, errors, misdirections, blind alleys, stupidities, stubbornness and other maladies of thought were corrected, to varying degrees of success, by bloody acrimonious desperate-at-times nasty loud public fights.

It was rare for those gripping mistakes to let go of them. Instead, new converts were won because they believed mistakes had been sufficiently well demonstrated. This is key. If we do not allow for the creation of dissidents, science dies. You may, even must, substitute any field of intellectual endeavor for science into this sentence, of course.

That was before our somewhat fluid, and to a large extent global, Ministry of Truth existed. Science now flows from regime “solutions”. A “solution” to some perceived, real or imagined, crisis is proposed. Evidence backing both the “solution” and the crisis itself is provided by scientists eager to become important. I don’t mean to suggest all these scientists are whores, though there are plenty. Many are true believers. As I say often: scientists love their models. Again, substitute for scientists the relevant professional in any other intellectual endeavor.

Regime-supporting scientists become Experts. Their regime-supporting theories become, officially, “The Science”, which is “settled”, and of which only “deniers” question.

When any man’s questioning voice on “The Science” becomes loud enough for others to hear, he must be silenced. Even a man who is, on most other things, a regime supporter. Like Joe Rogan.

The excuse censors use is that Rogan’s questions, which are now officially dis- and misinformation, cause harm, or cost lives. This, as you will recognize, is a circular argument from the regime, a fallacy.

Rogan and his guests question the “solutions” and claim non-regime-supported methods will lead to superior life-saving results. The regime disagrees and says methods that are not “solutions” must be wrong because they are not official “solutions.” They are not “The Science.” The circle is complete.

Spotify sort of supported Rogan, not having much choice with all the money they have invested in him. But they also—and many still do not know this—censored him.

There is a site that tracks the episodes Spotify already removed. As of this writing (Saturday evening), 113 episodes have been whacked. This is up from 70 on Friday evening. Among them with guests Alex Jones, Owen Benjamin, Gad Saad, Milo Yiannopoulos. It will be interesting if they quietly drop the Robert Malone, Robert Epstein and Peter McCullough episodes.

The “controversy” over Rogan accounts for the frenzy of soulless pitiless merciless bottom-feeders and spiritual vampires who rushed to their computers to condemn Rogan’s official misinformation. These are propagandists and simps too ignorant to judge the evidence itself, but know they must, for their own benefit, loudly support the regime.

You mustn’t think this only applies to the coronadoom. Rogan has strayed into global warming territory, too, which accounts for this telling headline: “Scientists stunned by climate denialism from Joe Rogan podcast guest“.

Now if the scientists said they were “stunned”, and this was not an invention of the propagandist, we know we are likely dealing with whores and not true believers. Because it is impossible to be a working scientist at this late date and not understand there are a vast number of dissenters to official “The Science”.

Still other scientists, propagandists claim, say Rogan allowing global warming questioning is “‘absurd’ and ‘dangerous’“.

The “absurd” might not have been a slur, it could have represented the old spirit of open questioning. But it was ruined by the “dangerous.” That means the regime-backing scientists cared nothing about causes of global warming, and only wanted to support “solutions.”

For how else can it be dangerous to hold a different view of the cause of some thing?

Anyway, as far as Rogan himself goes, he might have weathered his dissent on coronadoom “solutions”, but his apologizing for saying “******” could be his undoing. (He should have said he was quoting rap lyrics. People remembering his use of the magic word accounts for the 70 to 113 increase in episode bans, I’m guessing.)

UPDATE

“Spreading Covid-19 disinformation would also be covered under a crime of sending a false communication.”

From “Now web giants face fraud and hate crime crackdown: Online Safety Bill will force firms to protect users“.

Protect users.

Buy my new book and own your enemies: Everything You Believe Is Wrong.

hope this helps :cool: