1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It's okay, os friggintoxic is a Moderate Democrat...

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related

3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

even better one

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uhm... It's a conflict of interest in performing his job as a committee member. If the committee is about finding the truth and he potentially has an interest in hiding or obscuring the truth, then it wouldn't make sense for him to be on the committee.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and facts aren't important as well right?

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

For one reason...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

My lord. The more you post, the dumber you seem.

dmoneybangbang and VooDooPope like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. NewRoxFan

11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Our representatives are clearly crisis actors :rolleyes:

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. NewRoxFan

When all else fails and you are defending the indefensible, you attack law enforcement...

14. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He mocks a person who was by any definition violently assaulted and then whines when someone confronts him and calls him “the worst person in the world.”

TC is proof that there are rare occasions when tarring and feathering is fully warranted.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/07/january-6-hearings-get-under-way.php

January 6 Hearings Get Under Way
    by John Hinderaker

The House Select Committee that purports to investigate the “insurrection” of January 6, 2021, started holding hearings today. I don’t intend to write much about this farce, as I think it is one of the dumbest things we have seen in many years. This is true for many reasons:

* We Republicans may have our faults, but if we were actually going to stage an insurrection, at least one of us would remember to bring a firearm.

* Along the same lines, if we were to undertake an insurrection, we would not call on a “shaman” wearing horns and a fur hat to lead it.

* An actual insurrection would result in casualties. Here, the only person who died, or was seriously injured, other than by natural causes, was Ashli Babbitt. Will Pelosi’s committee call the officer who shot her as a witness? Inquiring minds want to know.

* If the committee wants to investigate violent riots in Washington, D.C., it is barking up the wrong tree. There was a real riot on the day when Donald Trump was inaugurated in 2017, with businesses looted, buildings and vehicles burned, and innocent passers-by assaulted. Likewise, in July 2016 there was another real riot, in which (going from memory) around 60 D.C. police officers were wounded, and much property was destroyed. Do you suppose the Democrats are interested in investigating those riots?

* There actually is one aspect of the January 6 protest that deserves investigation: the performance of Capitol security. The fact that a small rabble of unarmed protesters was able to access the Capitol illegally is, or should be, shocking. Moreover, we have all seen the video of the Capitol entrance where guards opened the doors and waved the protesters into the building. The protesters entered in an orderly fashion, taking photos with their cell phones and carefully staying between the red velvet ropes. I suspect that most of those who entered the Capitol on January 6 were invited in by guards. I have never seen an explanation of how and why this happened. Will the committee investigate this bizarre breakdown in security?

Just kidding.

* The committee is proceeding without meaningful participations by the Republicans. To their everlasting shame, two alleged Republicans responded to Pelosi’s summons as collaborators. But no one on the committee will be a voice of sanity.

* This committee reminds me of the Select Committee on Assassinations that House Democrats appointed, as I recall, some time during the 1970s. That committee, staffed by the usual suspects, purported to investigate the John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King assassinations. The committee wrote a report that concluded, if I remember correctly, that all three assassinations were fruits of conspiracies. If you don’t remember that bit of history, you are not alone. The committee’s report was generally viewed as an embarrassment and was quietly shelved. The current committee will, I think, be similarly forgotten.

On the bright side, I don’t believe the Democrats are fooling anyone. The current “investigation” is a joke, and I think everyone understands that. The New York Times et al. may pontificate about the “insurrection,” but the whole thing is a farce that will get the Dems nowhere.

It also is a reprise of the Dems’ unconstitutional–in my opinion–second impeachment of President Trump. That impeachment did nothing for the Dems, as far as I could see, and the current version is lamer, if only because of the lapse of time. If Joe Biden’s policies had not proved a comprehensive failure, the Democrats would not be trying to focus attention on an ex-president of the opposite party.

16. NewRoxFan

I think I am sensing a theme...

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

from the decidedly anti-Trump Outside the Beltway:

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/capitol-riots-hearings-start-today-with-political-theater/

Capitol Riots Hearings Start Today with Political Theater
    by James Joyner

[​IMG]
    Trump supporters try to break through a police barrier, Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021, at the Capitol in Washington. As Congress prepares to affirm President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, thousands of people have gathered to show their support for President Donald Trump and his claims of election fraud. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

CNN (“Select committee holds first January 6 hearing with officers on the front lines“):

In its opening act, the House select committee investigating the January 6 attack on the Capitol holds its first high-profile hearing Tuesday with testimony from four officers who will give firsthand accounts of the horrors they witnessed and endured as rioters stormed the building. The officers are expected to recount the harrowing attacks they faced on January 6, including being beaten with a flagpole, getting crushed in a doorway, being the target of racial slurs and facing rioters who tased them. The committee also is expected to show never-before-seen videos depicting the violence from that day, just as House impeachment managers did during the impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump.

The emotional testimony kicks off the committee’s investigation into the circumstances surrounding the January 6 attack as Democratic leaders look to set the tone for a panel that congressional Republicans have dismissed as a political sideshow created merely to discredit the legacy of the former President.

The goal Tuesday, according to select committee member Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff of California, is to portray what it was like “to be on the front lines for the brave police officers” and to push back on efforts to whitewash the events of that day. “I’m hoping that the hearing will give the American people an even more vivid sense of what went on that day, the horror of that day, how these brave police officers saved so many lives,” Schiff told CNN.

Politically, it is somewhat amusing to see Democrats use “brave police officers” as a political prop against Republicans, who have been using “Blue Lives Matter” and “Defund the Police” as cudgels against Democrats. But I’m not sure who that hasn’t already made up their minds on these issues will be persuaded by the stunt.

Beyond that—and granting that I’m not the target audience for the hearings—I find this decidedly unhelpful. If the purpose is to glean new information, why kick off with a grandstanding rehash of what we already know? Let’s get to subpoenaing suspected planners and organizers, Trump officials, and others we haven’t already heard from.

The post Capitol Riots Hearings Start Today with Political Theater first appeared on Outside the Beltway.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Drawn and quartering sounds vogue these days

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. Beezy

Beezy Member

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Back the blue !! …. When convenient.