1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Perhaps it would be helpful to investigate why these delusional terrorists thought a mythical attack led by a nonexistent group would happen?

The Antifa Lie: Conservative Lawmakers, Pundits Push A Baseless Claim That Leftists Were Behind Capitol Insurrection
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...-behind-capitol-insurrection/?sh=7d4b341f4b8d

Trump impeachment defense lawyer wrongly singles out antifa in Capitol riot
    https://www.politifact.com/factchec...impeachment-defense-lawyer-wrongly-singles-o/

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think it is because they are very insular and consume information only that originates in their tiny echo chamber. They make no effort to look for verification outside of their "trusted" sources, and believe anything they say, no matter how outlandish, uncritically. I imagine a good number of them have below average intelligence, and many probably mental illness in addition to that.

I would take issue with calling Antifa a non-existent group though. It certainly exists. There are a number of cells that operate under the larger Antifa umbrella. They have caused major property damage, and have injured and even killed people.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Especially when their "trusted sources" are elected officials, not surprisingly, all from the republican party.

dmoneybangbang and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

5. NewRoxFan

The republicans can not be any more pathetic if they tried...

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

She is going to have to spend all her bitcoin on a defense attorney.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe her defense can be I wasn't aware of the attack on the capital right prior to my entry.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Looks like they are going outside instead of inside....

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

@Commodore , care to comment on your source passing off an exit as an entrance?

jiggyfly, No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can someone involved in the incitement of the attack be part of the investigation team? Our government is so f**ked up. That's like having a member of the mob investigate it's own mob. It is pure BS.

16. NewRoxFan

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

McCarthy killing two birds with one stone.

Suppression of speech.
    Cancel culture.

superfob and B-Bob like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is actually an interesting point. I wouldn't just signal out the FBI, but why did pretty much everyone in power ignore the obvious. Everyone knew and could see on social media that MAGA cult members were all flying to DC and touting the 6th as the day they would riot, and overturn the election. Everyone laughed it off, but in combination with the reports of the intense pressure on Pence to step in that day too should have sent off alarm bells everywhere.

My guess is the FBI internally probably has said to itself that there's just no way to monitor the 30 to 40% of America that is obsessed with Donald Trump. I think you see how an agency like the FBI has to sort of throw their hands up in the air when domestic extremism goes mainstream. There's really no guardrails for something like that.

In this case, I assume the FBI saw it, but didn't pay much attention to it because they thought the Capital Police would be aided by the National Guard in DC, Virginia, etc. and the MAGA mob was mostly a joke of middle aged out of shape soccer dads who watched too many Expendables movies. That's probably the reason. Everyone thought the other person was on top of it. The failure always was with the executive branch who held out purposefully to see first if the rioters could break through the capital police, and only sent in the National Guard when they realized that the MAGA mob couldn't even handle a couple hundred Capital Police, and a couple VP Secret Service folks.

The answer has always been right squarely in Donald Trump, his enablers across the executive branch, and the Republican Party's lap.

jiggyfly, B-Bob, jo mama and 2 others like this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Only 35,000 employees work for the FBI. I imagine most hired aren't working on information gathering from social media outlets so the number of people responsible to watch over potential threats could be 100 social media threats per 1 working FBI employee although I'm just pulling numbers out of my butt here. That said, I imagine it's a very hard numbers game to see who are people just lashing out online vs a real legitimate terrorist threat taking shape.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Poor guy was so excited to post something that didn’t make Republicans look like stupid monsters… And it backfired.

I wonder if @MojoMan has a meme about this.