1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Looking for Mike Pence to put him on a pedestal in order to praise him for doing his constitutional duty. Never mind that noose around Pence's neck, it is just there for safety reasons.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/politics/police-punched-capitol-riot-fairlamb/index.html

New videos show police getting punched during US Capitol riot

id like to retract all my previous comments. ive changed my mind. these were peaceful protestors who only wanted to go yell at elected officials. there is zero reason to suspect that they had any violent intentions what-so-ever. they had no means to actually harm anyone as they absolutely were not carrying any weapons or objects that could be used as weapons.

astrodome said we should just charge them with trespassing and move on. but i disagree...they shouldnt be charged with any crime because they did nothing wrong. they just went to the capitol to yell at nancy pelosi. they were absolutely peaceful and clearly they had peaceful intentions when they tried to break the barrier police had set up where babbit got shot. there is no evidence that any of them would have done anything violent to any elected officials...again, they were totally peaceful. believe me.

blue lives matter!

#3382 jo mama, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    DaDakota, mdrowe00 and subtomic like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's an endless game that can be played

external-content.duckduckgo.png

6. NewRoxFan

Must have been on the domestic terrorism tour...

No Worries and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

"...we're good."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

first rioter sentenced:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/23/us/politics/capitol-riot-sentencing.html

excerpt:

The first person to be sentenced in connection with the riot at the Capitol — a 49-year-old woman from Indiana — will serve no time in prison after reaching an agreement with the government and pleading guilty on Wednesday to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge.

At an unusual hearing where she admitted guilt and was immediately sentenced by a judge, the woman, Anna Morgan-Lloyd, expressed remorse for her role in the attack of Jan. 6. She apologized to the court, her family and the “American people,” saying it was wrong to have entered the Capitol even though she hurt no one, broke nothing and was inside for only about 10 minutes.

Ms. Morgan-Lloyd said she had gone to Washington to hear former President Donald J. Trump speak and was “ashamed it became a savage display of violence.”

“I would have never been there if I had known it would turn out that way,” she added.
    more at the link

B-Bob and Astrodome like this.
  11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if what she says is true about her only being there 10 minutes and not causing any destruction then i think thats an appropriate punishment. the fact that she seems genuinely remorseful also helps.

im much less forgiving towards those who rioted, destroyed property, engaged in violence, assaulted police officers, assaulted members of the press, threatened to murder elected officials and looted our nations capitol. throw the book at all of them including those who incited them.

jiggyfly, No Worries, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1/6/21 will live in infamy. A movement spurned by a LARP and propagated by the scammer in chief led to the desecration of the Capitol.

Trump lost and his supporters tried to keep him in power via a coup.

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Anyone surprised that FL and TX lead? You'd think the states closest to Washington DC, but these terrorists showed their commitment to overthrowing the country for trump by traveling large distances...

14. NewRoxFan

Over 100 arrests for assault on law enforcement officers...

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

@Bandwagoner - did Trump budget cuts to police funding cause this outbreak of blue life not mattering?

16. NewRoxFan

This part of the "rowdy" tour... but no, not serious...

17. NewRoxFan

Hopefully they asked... "why don't you republicans think this was a serious attack on our democracy, if not literal assaults on us law enforcement?"

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That literally says they wanted Antifa to attack them so they could respond against Antifa with force, in hopes that it would give President Trump what he needs. They want Trump to declare that Antifa represents an insurrection and call up the Oath Keepers as the militia to put down said insurrection. These people are obviously delusional and violent, but it appears the information (at least that presented in these couple of tweets) is being misrepresented.

19. NewRoxFan

So help me understand your defense of the terrorists that attacked the heart of our government and law enforcement officers protecting it... if the terrorists said they hoped trump (the sitting POTUS at the time) would lie and declare some vague group of people had started an insurrection (that the terrorist actually did start)... they hoped trump would then call for the terrorists that did attack the capital to attack the capital?

I am really confused... were the same terrorists that started the insurrection and attacked the capital and law enforcement waiting for trump's directions? And what if he claimed Martians attacked? After all, it would almost be as likely as claiming antifa attacked. Especially since the air force has confirmed the existence of UFOs.

And since antifa didn't attack... what is your excuse for the terrorists that did?

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I'm not defending anyone, so I don't think I can help you understand my non-existent defense.
    The tweets posted were a description of a meeting that occurred before January 6th. Maybe that is where you are confused. They were saying they wanted to go to the Trump rally, they wanted Antifa to attack them, and they wanted an armed Quick Reaction Force ready to respond when Trump declared Antifa's attack and insurrection and called up the militia, meaning this particular group of people in their minds. THEY ARE DELUSIONAL. THEY WERE PLANNING A RESPONSE TO SOMETHING THAT WASN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.
    I assume there is crossover between the group represented in the charging document and the rioters at the Capital. I assume if he claimed Martians attacked everyone would be very confused.
    I am not excusing anyone of anything.