1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i disagree. my path would put a check on any future coup attempts by fascists.

the hitler-stalin comparison is a bad one in the context of this discussion. hitler attempted to overthrow a democratically elected government by violent means. he not only got a slap on the wrist for the beer hall putsch, but it actually increased his popularity, especially amongst his followers. there is a clear parallel b/t that historical event and what is happening today and there is a clear example of how NOT to deal with traitors and insurrectionists. and a clear example of what happens when the government allows them to get away with treason.

stalin has nothing to do with anything here - he was not democratically elected so any attempt to overthrow him was not the same as what we are talking about with the beer hall putsch and january 6th. its not an apples to apples comparison.

im fine with that...im simply stating my opinion that they are all treasonous traitors and that im in favor of executing all of them.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title18/part1/chapter115&edition=prelim

im fine with following the law here - i dont want us to be a banana republic either.

i think a defendant could argue that what they were engaged in was not outright treason, which would be punishable by death.

but they could not argue that they were not engaging in the following...

§2382. Misprision of treason
    Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States and having knowledge of the commission of any treason against them, conceals and does not, as soon as may be, disclose and make known the same to the President or to some judge of the United States, or to the governor or to some judge or justice of a particular State, is guilty of misprision of treason and shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than seven years, or both.

§2383. Rebellion or insurrection
    Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

§2384. Seditious conspiracy
    If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

everyone who stormed the capitol should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. i do think that the political leaders who incited them should be held to a higher standard and deserve more punishment though.

as for active duty military, i also think theres a different standard there. i would think the military law would be more severe than regular law.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

This is the GOP Trump has made, they dont even have the balls to vote YES on the Commission, they are gutless individuals who dont want to have to relive what there beloved cult leader did

GOP = JOKE

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The party motto at this point is "Please sir, may I have some more." No solutions, no platform, no ideas, just ritual humiliation from the world's stupidest man who cost them three branches of government in the last election.

jiggyfly, ROCKSS, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Vote out the #GOPCopKillers

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why are these Republicans against a commission to investigate the insurrection??

They are literally opposed to the welfare of the country and its institution.

Treason upon treason.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I think you know why. They are too deeply involved in all the propaganda, lies, and planning of the whole insurrection to turn back now and let the truth be told. That goes double for their defense of the man who led the charge that they still call their chosen one. Patriotism has a twisted meaning in the GOP. It's a mask for power and control at all cost.

ROCKSS, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

12. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe the Justice Department should leak a fake memo indicating they’ve discovered actual evidence that a number of Antifa and white BLM sympathizers led the efforts to break into the Capitol on Jan 6 in order to frame GOP supporters. That would get the GOP on board with the investigation.....

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Many of the Republican, including McCarthy said they can't impeach Trump because it was important to first have a fact-finding commission. Now they are against one. It's clear that Republican primary interest here is to protect Trump and themselves.

jiggyfly and No Worries like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look the DOJ can appoint a special counsel with full prosecutorial powers.....we don't need a commission.

DD

Rashmon and dobro1229 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

One of those guys on the trump supporter tour of the Capitol...

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

They oppose a fact finding commission on the alleged Trump incited insurrection AFTER the impeachment trial has already concluded, when they supported factfinding BEFORE the impeachment trial? What kind of absolutely normal and rational human beings are we dealing with here?!? Imagine doing the investigation first and the trial second!!! Next they will want to read bills before voting on them instead of passing the bill so they can find out what is in it. LOGICAL!!! <shakes fist>

18. NewRoxFan

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

No one should be shocked the republicans don’t live in reality. Ted Cruz used the slogan “tough as texas” and he’s easily the biggest p***y in government.

ROCKSS and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I want the truth except I don't. Logic 101. Funny how we see things so differently huh.

Several Republicans voted to convict him because there were plenty of evidence already to convict. What these Trump Republicans said then was just a cover. They had no interest in knowing more. They already decided to protect Trump and themselves.