1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is where I disagree. Tucker Carlson's ongoing propaganda parade is very smart, even if I find it vile. Turn January 6 into an investigation of this. Hold up a shiny, bloody object over here and keep people from remembering or even accepting what happened with Stop the Steal (sic) and how it was organized and what it aimed to accomplish.

I predict ongoing success for Tucker Inc. with about 70 million Americans, more than enough to keep us moving toward a new version of pre-Enlightenment humanity. Oh well. Humans gonna human.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Don't know for sure since I believe it has been reported that the LEO was a capital police officer, but is it possible that the LEO hasn't been named because the shooting happened within the capital building and as a result it was seen as national security? Also, if it was a secret security officer (or some other law enforcement unique to a government building like the capital building) is it possible that the LEO was not a member of the capital police and thus not named? I don't think they would name the secret service officer that wold be in a shooting situation.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Finally, the first conviction!

BREAKING: Jon Schaffer, the heavy metal guitarist who stormed the Capitol while armed with bear spray, told a judge he plans to plead guilty today. So today, 100 days after the insurrection, we should get the first public guilty plea / plea deal.

[​IMG]
    Metal Guitarist Who Stormed Capitol With Bear Spray Will Be First Rioter To Plead Guilty
    A hundred days after the Capitol insurrection, Jon Schaffer plans to enter a guilty plea and admit to invading the U.S. Capitol while armed with bear spray.
    huffpost.com

Oh, he's gonna snitch

https://www.emptywheel.net/2021/04/06/anatomy-of-a-secret-january-6-potential-cooperation-agreement/

#2923 Dubious, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so I take it the plea deal saves him from the death penalty for treason? article doesn't say what he's copping to ;)

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

is this the standard for a justified shooting? "for all they knew"?

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ottomaton and NotInMyHouse like this.
  7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Does it not say right in the link above “admit to invading the U.S. Capitol while armed with bear spray”?

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it says that, but if that phrasing is describing the crime of "misdemeanor trespass" rather than "treason" then I think the article left out a few key details. ;)

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

#2929 Dubious, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

you are many things, but you aren’t stupid. You know exactly what I meant based on the rest of my post, which you notably carved out, but I’m happy to rephrase if you want to dance.

law enforcement was completely reasonable and justified in shooting that insurrectionist because it was completely reasonable to view her as a threat to the safety of law enforcement and congressmen and women when she breached the glass despite multiple warnings and guns pointed at her.

but yeah, if you want to take the position that the use of deadly force here was unreasonable, say it. I know you won’t because you aren’t a moron.

Rashmon, jo mama and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

i totally agree. Tucker is effective and vile, but not stupid. Stupid are the people who accept the idiotic notion that there is any question as to whether the use of deadly force was reasonable.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

just seems like that logic could apply to virtually ALL police shooting victims. you are many things, but you aren't stupid. I just wanted to be sure that was not what you were saying

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Probably because they were let into the building, they were peaceful and all video is simply propaganda.

KingCheetah and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

All police shootings? Why?

15. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hopefullly, this crystalizes things.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...-6-capitol-breach/ar-BB1fJeYD?ocid=uxbndlbing

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

google.com

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's disgusting and sad to think that the brainwashed fools were led to believe the vote was stolen by guys like Trump, Paxton, and clan. Paxton needs to go. 22,000 hours of wasted tax dollars searching for voter fraud last year to come up with 18 minor cases. 15 years of looking for voter fraud in Texas and 174 cases out of over 94 million votes.

.000185 is not something that requires this type attention, and is certainly not a reason for all this propaganda and lie spreading as a means to suppress and con voters. What a waste of tax dollars our Texas GOP are to Texans. Vote them all out. We deserve better.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/op...The-Big-Lie-If-voter-fraud-is-an-16107109.php

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He's definitely got the hook deep in stupidmoniker's cheek...