1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BRB] Will Steve Slaton Be In The Picture in 2010?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by wallyj12, Feb 5, 2010.

1. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Per www.battleredblog.com

The Texans are saying he's OK, and John "The Doughboy" McClain is hinting that there's more to the injury/surgery than what's being lead on. This is really throwing a wrench into how the Texans approach FA, the draft, etc.. I like what Arian did towards the end of the season but i like him alot more with Steve infront of him on the depth chart. Hopefully Steve recovers 100%, his rookie year showed a truly bright future it would be a shame for it to derail like this.

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

He's too talented to not be.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think in most cases, the plan for RB's (and most positions for that matter) should always be to throw a couple of extra quality players at the problem and let their work sort things out.

There aren't very many running backs that you can just plug in every year for 16 games/300+ carries and not have to worry about having an equally solid plan B guy that you can go to, or even a plan C guy ready and waiting. A good, productive running back is such a mercurial thing. Even discounting injuries, you even have guys like Thomas Jones and Ced Benson who go from stud prospect to looking like a bust for an extended period, and then come back with a change of scenery and look like studs again.

In otherwords, I think even if Slaton is very squarely in your plans, the Texans need to have a couple of other guys who they think could maybe be full time starters. Failing to plan for multiple eventualities would be negligent.

#3 Ottomaton, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. The Bird

The Bird Member

I could see Slaton starting the first couple of weeks on the PUP list.

6. conquistador#11

I sure hope he is. Even if he has to go to juking rehab, the guy can still make plays in the passing game. It's one more thing for defenses to worry about.

And that was the first time I heard john mcclain being refered to as John"the doughboy"...only if the dough was fried! :eek:

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I sense he'll come back and announce his name change to Steve "Williams".

8. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Yeah, he will start I think and get another chance to prove him self but if it goes downhill fast there will be a change sooner than last year not to mention we will get a free agent running back or through the draft to back him up and a capable starter too.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The guy was still an unbelievable threat out of the backfield even if he was not running well. They NEED him if they want to make the playoffs.