1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Roy: I'm so tired

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 1, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nice article by John Canzano of the Portland Oregonian.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2009/05/in_the_end_blazers_showed_thei.html

One part, in particular caught my eye:

Probably the best compliment I've heard for the way Artest, Battier and the rest of the Rockets played this series.

A couple years ago, it was the Rockets' star talking about being tired.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

"And they need to never forget the way Rockets fans pelted them with insults and cups."

Our fans were throwing trash at the Blazers? Or is this writer just full of it?

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I was suprised Bayless didn't get any playing time. He would have given the blazers another guy who could create off the dribble and he would have taken some of the pressure off of Roy.

#3 jVgOwnsYou, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
  4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I was not there but he is lying. I've been to enough playoff games to know that Rockets fans don't do that during losses and especially not during series-clinching wins.

5. code_red

code_red Member

Wouldn't you want to talk to and want the support of your family after a playoff series, whether you win or lose? It's normal to receive the encouragement of family members, whether he won or lost.

Fans you like you give the Rockets fans a bad reputation. As you probably don't care much for the encouragement of your family, I'm guessing you were raised in an abnormal or abusive family and that would explain your tasteless sense of humor.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

that guy is full of ****.

and we never said beat LA til like two minutes left.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

To add to that, we never lost at home. So why would fans get mad?

That writer is full of ****. Also, he remark on the Beat LA part, that didn't happen till the end of the game. Last 2 or 3 min.

Is that the same guy that said the Rockets were up against the ropes and were going to choke?

I was reading some of the Blazer fan comments to the articles and they said if anyone believed him they are idiots. They say the writer is a lying tool.

8. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

9. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

right, 3rd quarter my asss

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Wow.

A. It was just a harmless joke.

B. The joke may have been tasteless, but your attempt to pretend to know anything about me or my family trumps it.

11. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's a tool thing to say.

13. blender

blender Member

To be fair, Roy had to play Game 5 while he was sick and most likely did not feel 100% in Game 6 either. That plus being hounded by Battier and Artest for six games straight is ample reason to be tired.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

ummm...take a chill pill dude.

15. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I went to game 3 and yes there was some idiot Rockets fans there it was upsetting me cause i think rockets fans should act with some class and not lot Jazz fans.

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Wow @ the attacks by this guy. Only reputable journalist from Portland is Jason Quick.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He seems like he is excited about the challenge. It's good to see a young, promising player wanting to measure himself against one of the best in the game.

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

So some fans were actually throwing stuff? If so that's a real shame.

19. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

code red has every right to be offended.

I hate the fans that give the rest of us a bad name. Do you really want to be viewed in the same dirty way as the Jazz Fans? Seriously?

We went into the Blazers series with the utmost respect for their fans (which we've never had for jazz or dallas). I only hope that any team that plays us respects us as fans too.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I was at the game and I was sitting close behind the Blazers bench, and I can say with 100% certainty that not ONE thing was thrown at the Blazers bench.

There were streamers coming down from the rafters and fireworks going off. That was all.

Also, Roy should be tired...he had to carry his team for 6 straight games