1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Brandon Roy: I want the ball a lot more

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 13, 2010.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This is like the second or third time in the past couple of seasons that Roy has expressed this to the media, specifically involving taking touches away from teammates. I remember just after they got Dre Roy complained about not having the ball in his hands as much, almost regardless of the results in terms of wins. This is probably getting pretty annoying to Blazer fans.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Now HERE is a guy I would go for......

DD

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he wants out most likely.

It's sort of like saying "I fully support the police" when you want out of jury duty.

4. Francis 4 ever

yao, brooks, ny 1st rounder for oden and miller

git r done

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Brandon Roy: me, myself and I.

He's been this way for years.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dumbest trade proposal ever?

Brooks > Miller
    Yao semi-healthy > Oden semi-healthy
    Ny 1st Rounder > 0

So why would the Rockets do this exactly?

Roy needs to touch and control the ball more, for sure. If Portland's centers can stay healthy, they should be decent. I think the Miller/Roy combo isn't the best fit.

That said, it's hard to think of any above average point guard who doesn't also control the ball. Would Brooks be a good fit with Roy? Better...yes, as any PG with more of an outside shot than Miller would be better. But Brooks, Nash, Williams, Paul, Rose, etc. - the good PG's are good PG's...meaning they are the ball-handlers and distributors.

So Portland needs to model their success more off the Lakers, with the good SG/PF combo, strong other frontcourt play (which Portland could have if Oden, Pryz and Camby were all healthy) and then solid role players at the other positions.

I recall Larry brown freaking out about PG need. Miller should get traded to Charlotte. What does Portland get back in return? Augustin + Matt Carroll? The problem is Matt Carroll sucks and has three years left on a contract that overpays. Maybe get a third team involved.

7. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

So we are swapping our playoff team with theirs, the one we took them 4-2?

Great job!

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Getting Miller was a bad move for Portland. He and Roy just don't fit. Portland's management had serious problem. It is getting clearer and clearer why Pritchard was let go.

9. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with the star being a little selfish. Dream demanded the ball on every single play. But it does sound like they have a chemistry problem. It was ok for Dream to demand the ball because he freaking deserved it. Roy isn't that good.

Portland isn't improved from when we beat them in the playoffs. They have chemistry problems, Roy's fragile body is a couple seasons older, and Oden's injuries are not encouraging. Only Batum is likely to make any real progress.

You can't call them contenders when the Lakers are as good or better than them at every position except PG.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

You think he would be any happier with Brooks/Scola/Yao "taking his touches?"

11. Francis 4 ever

yao will never be the same

12. devin23

devin23 Member

I'd do aaron or martin for roy in a heartbeat. Maybe add in a pick or two.

13. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Dominating the ball is not part of the Princeton Offense so no point of getting BRoy since he is complaining about not getting the ball enough.

14. yaonow

yaonow Member

hell yes

15. yaonow

yaonow Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7L1lruNCfk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7L1lruNCfk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Why don't Roy just change his position to the point guard spot, and quit being a two and go out and get someone who plays off the ball then he can probably be happy.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Roy needs to check millers track record and roll. Miller makes everyone better. He was getting oden and aldridge easy shots.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i would love to play portland in the playoffs again

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Hit the nail on the head.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Aaron Brooks can play on the ball or off the ball, he and Roy would be a KILLER combo.

DD