1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope kid can turn this around, basketball does not need to be marked by gang shet.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am a huge critic of Porter but even I realize the dude at least tries to be mature.

He does struggle with himself.

Toxicity and cancer are overused terms here.

3. MystikArkitect

Go ask @Nook the things he's heard of Porter behind the scenes and get back to me.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Fair but I am hoping to wish into existence.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I believe John Wall to a certain degree, I don't need to know if perhaps Wood took those guys to a brothel or something.

Or KPJ beating on someone.

That's too much information.

It just speaks to the leniency and incompetence of the Rockets FO dealing with players of these kinds.

I know what I observed and that KPJ is a better version of what he was in Cleveland.

I don't think it's enough like everyone else here.

6. maj21

maj21 Member

Can’t hate, since I want Sengun gone. I’d be hypocritical

7. Nook

Nook Member

Some people mature and change and some do not.

It is very possible that over the next handful of seasons that Porter stops getting in trouble legally and maybe even begins treating people with respect.

Having said that, Porter has been a serious problem on the Rockets already.... and the question is whether he is worth all the effort.

IMO he isn't worth it. I hope he ends up being a good person - just not someone that is good on a basketball team.

There is a reason that not a single other NBA team wanted him, and while he IS an NBA level player, he isn't anything special and the Rockets have him miscast.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have the same thoughts about Chris Wood.

He is talented enough to bounce around despite being a red flag his whole career.

Someone this troubled needs a firm and stable organization.

The Rox are trying but they are not there.

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

KPJ has done a lot of negative things.

He was kicked off his high school team, his college team and then an NBA team.

On the Rockets he regularly has had heated screaming matches with players, coaches and even team employees.

Many a time he has walked out of practice after being a disruption and the whole team has seen how little consequence he has had to pay.

People that are with the Rockets have said his work ethic is spotty and that they don't know which Porter they will get walking through the building.

He isn't a savant either, like Stone and Silas claim he is - he isn't a franchise player. He is an NBA level player, that has been told by the front office and coaching staff that he is the leader of the team and that the game runs through him..... and when the Rockets try to win, and Porter isn't good enough to have the team run through him - there are going to be real problems.

I have heard a few respected fans claim he has a lot of positive value at this point - and I don't think so at all. He is inefficient.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, Christian Wood had a lot of issues. I have heard a lot about him and his off the court issues, but I will not discuss those publicly.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If you want Sengun gone, you are not a Rockets fan.

JusBleezy likes this.
  12. maj21

maj21 Member

Not true at all. Means that I don’t want the team to go in the direction of building around him. If you’re not gonna do that, then there’s no point in having him. I don’t want him gone for nothing, I want I great return for him to upgrade this roster

13. King1

Fair again. I obviously don't agree but it's cool stating your opinion. Just a question, I know you don't want to build around Sengun but to want him gone is an interesting perspective. He's been a good player and teammate. Why get rid of him?

14. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

There is nothing to suggest that the team is building around Sengun and the team WITH Sengun is better than the team without him. By saying you want Sengun gone, you are no better than any SOF.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A great example of a strawman arguement, the ole everybody or nobody statement is just bullshit. If people research KPJs past you will find not much there

DD

17. King1

We have to keep some talent though. We don't know with Jalen but he's been bad, same with Jabari. KPJ is obviously worthless. Why wouldn't we make Sengun a key piece? Otherwise this team has another 3 years of rebuilding

18. maj21

maj21 Member

Ok man, whatever you say. Lol

19. maj21

maj21 Member

Bc he’s not a good defender. He’s the type of player that you have to build around imo. I also don’t think he’d okay with being a 3rd or 4th option long term. He already complained earlier in the season how he doesn’t get to play his game. I also think he has great trade value

20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I came here to see what people thought about the possibility of Miller being a Rocket. I must have made a wrong turn somewhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.